• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Thougt it was universally acknowledged the Fed is pretty much GOAT.

Good game Murray.

I don't mean on gaf, I mean in the critical media. It's always IS FED WASHED UP or FED CAN'T BEAT RAFA/JOKER/TSONGA and even sometimes they question his goat status by saying he won his majors before he had any real intense competition. I'm not going to pretend like he is completely maligned, but even after this there will still he doubters just due ti how good joker is playing. Nevermind that he has the most majors ever and has spanked those top players on several occasions...

untitled-13lfarm.gif

Awesome shot

Timbuktu

I don't mean on gaf, I mean in the critical media. It's always IS FED WASHED UP or FED CAN'T BEAT RAFA/JOKER/TSONGA and even sometimes they question his goat status by saying he won his majors before he had any real intense competition. I'm not going to pretend like he is completely maligned, but even after this there will still he doubters just due ti how good joker is playing. Nevermind that he has the most majors ever and has spanked those top players on several occasions...

Winning this will definitely stop those questions.

MIMIC

Banned

I'd say it's his fans more than anything. They expect so much of him that when he loses, it's the end of the world.

Federer has said that he's the victim of his own success; "I've created a monster," he said. I can't tell you how many times I've read from his own fans that he needs to retire after losing a match

I think the biggest question of Federer's GOAT status will always be his dubious record against Nadal. Unfortunate that this fails to recognise Nadal as one of the best (Borg challenging for the best) clay courters so it's almost natural that Nadal would almost always win. In saying that, if Federer was to face Nadal at one more Grand Slam and win, I think symbolically, that would have immense ramifications in consolidating Federer's GOAT status.

WE'RE ON OUR WAY CHAPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom