• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

Trevor has a way of making me smile. "It's a cookie. The problem is a cookie."

Also, Roy and Jordan work really well together.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm not sure i'll ever get tired of Roy.

Also, that Africa/Trump segment was fantastic.

danielcw

Is it me, or is the old video archive, which was browseable by date and tags, gone?

Anyway: week one is over:

Episode 4: OCTOBER 1, 2015 - RYAN ADAMS
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/5wj...tober-1--2015---ryan-adams-season-21-ep-21004
Donald Trump makes for a viable African president, The Best F#@king News Team Ever rings in autumn, and Ryan Adams covers Taylor Swift's songs "Bad Blood" and "Style."

Related:

Week one is over ... week 2 starts in:
t1444100400z1.png

NimbusD

Just got a chance to watch last nights episode, aside from the music (always tune out when music appears on TDS instead of an interview), best one yet. Every segment hit and I loved the little skit with Al Madrigal that was inserted before the break, it was a nice surprise.

Sanjuro

I thought Noah did a great job the other night. Took a moment to speak candidly and switched gears without a hitch.

YoungHav

Banned
LOL @ that Trump African President bit.

Trev baby is doing his thing. If Trev is the show's Jordan, Roy Wood Jr is Scottie Pippen.

The show will get better as time goes on. I assume Trevor is fairly new to living in the U.S.? As time goes on he'll have more skin in the game regarding living here and politics will get more personal.

Roy Wood Jr is indeed incredible. Might have been interesting to see him during Stewart's run, I can't help but feel he would have had a great back and forth with Jon.

Trevor is pretty great in the role so far too. Much better than I anticipated, he'd batting strong right out of the gate, but we haven't seen take any hard interviews yet.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hasan Minhaj was in an episode already and someone said Lewis Black said he was still going to show up.

Haven't heard anything about Aasif Mandvi, though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So does that make Lewis the only person to contribute to all 3 Daily Show incarnations?
He would easily be the only one. Ignoring Lewis, I'm pretty sure Colbert was the last Kilborn carryover to leave The Daily Show in late 2005. Lewis has outlasted everyone by eons.

spuckthew

While I like Trevor and find him funny, at the moment he feels quite 'stiff'. With Jon, he probably ad-libbed quite a lot (or was just slick as fuck) and was very fluid; but with Trevor, you can tell he sticks mostly to the teleprompter.

It's something that can obviously be worked on with time, and the more shows Trevor does the more natural it will feel. I can tell he's good already, so he can only get better.

I like it so far. I liked John more but hell this is his first week. Give him some time and he will master it I guess.
And I'm so glad that German Comedy Central lets me watch it. I couldn't watch the old Daily Show so I'm very glad that I can again now.

danielcw

And I'm so glad that German Comedy Central lets me watch it. I couldn't watch the old Daily Show so I'm very glad that I can again now.

Let's see how long they keep it up.
There was a time in 2006/2007 when the Daily Show was available on CC in Germany as well, but that ended when they tried airing the weekly Global Edition, which failed in the ratings.

lednerg

Even though I enjoyed The Jon Stewart show on MTV, I didn't think he was the right guy to replace Craig Kilborn back in 1999. Craig's show was mostly a satire of local network news programs, featuring a cavalcade of everyday weirdos, such as a guy who replaced his teeth with rocks from his driveway. Craig would end guest interviews by mocking them to their faces, sometimes aggressively. We were used to this much more mean-spirited type of humor and Jon just didn't appear up to the task when he showed up, to the point where many gave up on the show for a couple of years. Back then, you couldn't have convinced me that Stewart would end up transforming the show into an important source for political comedy, or that I would end up attending something like the Rally to Restore Sanity a decade later.

I'm with those who are being patient with Trevor. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, despite the rough edges. But come on, that's to be expected. I know that by this time next year, there will be plenty of tweaks made to the format, and Noah will have reached his stride.

Kaleinc

Banned
Woman or women Trevor doesn't care it's woman either way.
Doing ok so far, the only other viable option for the host was Aasif but he's out.

danielcw

Guests for the week beginning on the 5th of October, 2015
  • Monday: Seth Rogan, actor
  • Tuesday: Aaron Sorkin, writer
  • Wednesday: Evgeny Afineevsky, documentary filmmaker
  • Thursday: Rachel Maddow, television pundit

Next episode in:
t1444100400z1.png

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Okay I'm totally sold, Trevor is just fine as a successor. This just feels like the Daily Show. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom