• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Man, the two segments on Carson this week were phenomenal. "Get on the ground it's nap time motherfuckers!!" is probably my favorite line from the show so far. And the whole "How to get away from murder" thing, so good...

Really, really enjoy having the Daily Show back on again. Trevor has done really well in his first two weeks.

Robert Williams

Neo Member
I like Trevor Noah's impressions (Ben Carson, Rupert Murdoch). Seems like he's got some range. Jon Stewart was great and all but he sucked at doing voices. Now go home and get yer shine box!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I like Trevor Noah's impressions (Ben Carson, Rupert Murdoch). Seems like he's got some range. Jon Stewart was great and all but he sucked at doing voices. Now go home and get yer shine box!

Yeah, his impressions have been great so far. Ben Carson was spot on, and The Australia accent was just at the right level (US comedians overdo it most of the time).

I liked Stewarts voices myself, but he only had that limited set - Jersey guy, old Jew, Southern Belle, and Turtle/Droopy Dog.

Enjoying the show so far. Noah's delivery was a lot slicker this week than last week (indeed, seemed like he had kicked it up a notch on the first episode this week already). He still misreads the occasional word, but the confidence is there and growing.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I will give him some time to settle in before I make a judgement but it just hasn't been funny so far at all to me. Same with Colbert tbh.

danielcw

Guests for the week beginning on the 12th of October, 2015
  • Monday: Ta-Nehisi Coates, writer
  • Tuesday: Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist and author
  • Wednesday: Tom Hiddleston, actor
  • Thursday: Jack Black, actor

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Guests for the week beginning on the 12th of October, 2015
  • Monday: Ta-Nehisi Coates, writer
  • Tuesday: Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist and author
  • Wednesday: Tom Hiddleston, actor
  • Thursday: Jack Black, actor

Ooooooh, he's got Coates coming on? Hype!

KingK

No idea who that is.
Why should I be hyped?
He writes some of the best, most comprehensive essays and articles on race in America. Does a lot of work for the Atlantic. He was also just given the job of writing the next Black Panther comics.

undrtakr900

Yeah, his impressions have been great so far. Ben Carson was spot on, and The Australia accent was just at the right level (US comedians overdo it most of the time).

I liked Stewarts voices myself, but he only had that limited set - Jersey guy, old Jew, Southern Belle, and Turtle/Droopy Dog.
Hey I always liked Jon's Trump impressions too, it's my favorite behind "turtle".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Police Pooches vs Zombie Cats"
Rovio gon sue someone
... Then again, they were already ripping off Crush the Castle.

Dawkins just went hard on Ben Carson.

Wonderful seeing Lewis Black again.
image.php

You ain't wrong tho..

so1337

Oh man, Lewis Black was on. What a fantastic surprise. Kind of cool (and weird) to see Trevor introduce his segment, too.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Thought the debate coverage was a bit weak especially with so much juicy material.

Hopefully this was just a dry run for the next Republican debate.

It was light on policy, but it nailed the mood and odd moments from the debate.

Also Trevor is wayyyyy better at voices than I expected.

RoKKeR

Debate coverage was strong, loved the bit with all of the correspondents. And Aasif is back! Is that his first time being on?

Klepper was killing me as the Jim Webb guy.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Jessica Williams's Twitter Parody Report was fantastic.
What the fuck was that mayor thinking?

undrtakr900

Watching Trevor always smiling/happy, I can't remember the last time I saw Jon smile(??)
Except when Colbert comes on the show and Stewart has a giggle-fit lol.

That was usually just a broken speech version of his generic Jersey/New Yorker impression though.
Yeah, but I just like the way he pantomimes trumpisms with his body, that's what sells it for me.

Noah is funnier than Stewart has been in years. Just has better delivery I guess.
I think it's cause Jon used to focus more on corruption (wall street, veteran affairs, etc.), while Trevor covers a wider range of topics that are more pleasant to hear about.

danielcw

Guests for the week beginning on the 19th of October, 2015
  • Monday: Martin O’Malley, candidate for the Democratic nomination for President
  • Tuesday: Judah Friedlander, comedian and author
  • Wednesday: Brie Larson, actor
  • Thursday: John Harwood, chief Washington D.C. correspondent for CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom