• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surprisingly great so far. Different but similar in tone, we'll see how this goes. I'm glad he's acknowledging how weird this is.

pxleyes

Banned
Said it when Jon retired. The new host needed to be smart, not laugh out loud funny. The meat of the show comes from the writing staff and those morning meeting roundtables. That hasn't changed at all, and Trevor is, as you will come to find out, extremely intelligent.

TheChits

KuGsj.gif

ScribbleD

Said it when Jon retired. The new host needed to be smart, not laugh out loud funny. The meat of the show comes from the writing staff and those morning meeting roundtables. That hasn't changed at all, and Trevor is, as you will come to find out, extremely intelligent.

It helps that Trevor is both extremely intelligent and very funny.

no, you heard it just now, he's a fucking idiot

IronRinn

Well, his delivery is maybe a bit rough but, yeah, this feels like The Daily Show (unsurprisingly for reasons others have pointed out).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This feels weird. Not bad. Not bad at all, but this feels weird.

That's what made the cold open so damn hilarious, the dad comparison was perfect.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Jordan Klepper, Hasan Minhaj, Jessica Williams, Al Madrigal, and Aasif Mandvi never said they were leaving as far as I'm aware. They also added three correspondents.
Assif and Al basically left for other shows, though they drop in occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom