• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is damn good, dunno why anyone was afraid. All the writers are still there and hitting it out of the park. Not only that but the Roy Wood, jr. killed it and Trevor remains great.

Sanjuro

This is damn good, dunno why anyone was afraid. All the writers are still there and hitting it out of the park. Not only that but the Roy Wood, jr. killed it and Trevor remains great.

Trevor freaks me out when he tries an imitation voice. Other than that, he isn't breaking a sweat.

Hazmat

I'm not really familiar with Trevor Noah, but I think he's doing pretty damn well. Also, jazzed to see Roy Wood Jr. as a correspondent.

Jordan Klepper, Hasan Minhaj, Jessica Williams, Al Madrigal, and Aasif Mandvi never said they were leaving as far as I'm aware. They also added three correspondents.

John Hodgeman left near the end of Jon Stewart's run, but has been in commercials for the Trevor Noah series, so I think they must have just retired the Deranged Billionaire character but still plan on keeping Hodgeman on.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He seems to be doing well so far.

You'd think he would be a bit nervous but it's not showing it at all.

[edit]

Weird, it's airing on MTV, VH1 and other channels.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The interviews will be the area he has the most room to grow. He has experience with delivery of lines and comedy, but interviewing is more off the cuff and gets better with experience.

Ecotic

This is great. Noah is sharp, crisp, energetic, happy to be here. Jon was great, but clearly beaten down by life.

Slayven

The interviews will be the area he has the most room to grow. He has experience with delivery of lines and comedy, but interviewing is more off the cuff and gets better with experience.
Unless he was doing one of those super long interviews Stewart sucked and colbert was even worse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looks like The Daily Show is going to be just as strong as before. I'm glad.

RoKKeR

Alright well color me impressed! It's a bit strange, but his acknowledgement of the weirdness in concert with his confidence and good delivery made for a great first show. Dude is very likeable and I think he will settle in to this role nicely.

Now off to Colbert. Feeling good about late night now.

Kreed

1) Most people thought Jon Stewart was "the Daily Show".
2) Most people had no idea who Trevor Noah was. And some people who were aware of Trevor Noah being on the Daily Show before as the black correspondent got the impression that that's who he was/how his comedy would be for the entire show.
3) Some people thought Trevor and the Daily Show staff would have the same rough start Larry Wilmore and his new staff had with replacing Colbert and the Colbert Report staff.

Random thought but I wonder if the Nickelodeon broadcasts of this show were uncensored? Probably one of the few times the network has had "Shit" said on it.

marrec

Banned
Unless he was doing one of those super long interviews Stewart sucked and colbert was even worse.

Also, tbh, Stewart was clearly checked out in a lot of his interviews and frustrated with his inability to get anything of substance out of the rest of them.

Afrodium

Banned
Man, I felt kinda bad switching the channel to Colbert while Larry Wilmore made that desperate plea to nab Daily Show viewers.

IronRinn

I think the biggest test will be if Noah can do more than just tell jokes about the news. Stewart was arguably at his best when he was being sincere about a topic. We will just have to wait and see. Still, I very much enjoyed that episode.

Slayven

Also, tbh, Stewart was clearly checked out in a lot of his interviews and frustrated with his inability to get anything of substance out of the rest of them.
Oh yeah big difference between the guests he cared about and the ones he just killed time with. Made me wish they dropped the segment or give him more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom