• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

FOOTE

I watch my copy recently and I don't recall noticing the lost audio. I'm sure mine is affected, however, if it's that minor I don't think I'm going to deal with the hastle of replacing it.

JdFoX187

Banned
I must say Disney did an EXCELLENT job with both TRON and TRON Legacy. Both take full advantage of the format. I think I might replay Legacy again just to hear the sound. Damn that 7.1 audio track is awesome.

isny

napkin dispenser
FlightOfHeaven said:
Thinking about importing Dumbo... is it a standard Disney Blu-Ray? Is it deficient in any way compared to one purchased in the US/UK?

The Mexican one? We have no way to compare it to the U.S. release of course, but it has the same features as the UK one. The only difference between the Mexican and UK versions is the languages and the region coding.

I'd personally just wait, as there are a lot of Disney titles to tide you over between now and the end of the year. (With Dumbo supposedly being one of them)

Morn

Banned
Nemo is 2012 to cross market it with Andrew Stanton's John Carter of Mars (which will also be Pixar's first live-action movie).

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
FOOTE said:
I watch my copy recently and I don't recall noticing the lost audio. I'm sure mine is affected, however, if it's that minor I don't think I'm going to deal with the hastle of replacing it.
Yeah, in total, you're only missing out on like 3 seconds of audio really but I'm a bit OCD about this and likewise, since they're vaulting it, it's going to be a while before you can get your hands on the movie again. I just called and got my request for a new one over the phone. Should be relatively pain-free. And about Finding Nemo, we're probably not getting that until late 2011-2012.

Morn

Banned
Jangaroo said:
Yeah, in total, you're only missing out on like 3 seconds of audio really but I'm a bit OCD about this and likewise, since they're vaulting it, it's going to be a while before you can get your hands on the movie again. I just called and got my request for a new one over the phone. Should be relatively pain-free. And about Finding Nemo, we're probably not getting that until late 2011-2012.

It's supposed to be March/April.

Morn

Banned
Jangaroo said:
Nemo is coming out March/April 2012? Excellent.

Disney does that. They're releasing The Incredibles on Blu-Ray this year because Brad Bird's Mission Impossible 4 is coming out in theaters. Andrew Stanton's John Carter is March 2012, so expect Nemo around then.

Morn said:
Nemo is 2012 to cross market it with Andrew Stanton's John Carter of Mars (which will also be Pixar's first live-action movie).
Pretty sure JCoM isn't a Pixar movie, it's like some kind of joint film between Disney, Pixar, and one other studio. Or was that the Brad Bird earthquake movie? Either way, don't recall JCoM being a Pixar flick...?

FnordChan

FOOTE said:
In case anyone didn't know; Snow White, Pinocchio, and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 are going back into the vault April 30, 2011.

Thanks for the heads up! I just jumped on the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 purchase that I'd been putting off. It is vitally important that I have HD hippo/ostrich ballet ready to go at a moment's notice.

FnordChan, patiently waiting for Allegro Non Troppo on Blu-ray

Morn

Banned
WordAssassin said:
Pretty sure JCoM isn't a Pixar movie, it's like some kind of joint film between Disney, Pixar, and one other studio. Or was that the Brad Bird earthquake movie? Either way, don't recall JCoM being a Pixar flick...?

Pixar is producing it, but not doing the effects. It'll be released under the Walt Disney Pictures label though due to the PG-13 rating.

isny

napkin dispenser
WordAssassin said:

John Carter of Mars:

Company Credits
Production Co: Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Pictures

It's going to be the first live action movie though with the Pixar logo.

Gouty said:
Yeah I finally bit the bullet and picked up Fantasia. Disney really knows how to work us completionists. If they really wanted to rake in the sales they should have placed the movie's chronological number on the spine, 1 - 50. Thats the sort of shit that kills OCD folk.

The problem with these companies is half way through releasing the films some "marketing whiz" will decide on a whole new design for the box and spine. That shit always gets on my nerves.

Anticitizen One said:
The problem with these companies is half way through releasing the films some "marketing whiz" will decide on a whole new design for the box and spine. That shit always gets on my nerves.
They just did this for the South Park boxes! Ugh! I'm so pissed!

Also, lol at the John Carter confusion. WHO IS MAKING MOVIE?

isny

napkin dispenser
WordAssassin said:
They just did this for the South Park boxes! Ugh! I'm so pissed!

Also, lol at the John Carter confusion. WHO IS MAKING MOVIE?

Disney and Pixar. It's the same company, so w/e, it's all the same.

Gouty said:
Yeah I finally bit the bullet and picked up Fantasia. Disney really knows how to work us completionists. If they really wanted to rake in the sales they should have placed the movie's chronological number on the spine, 1 - 50. Thats the sort of shit that kills OCD folk.

So glad they don't do that. I'm not OCD with my cases but that would bother me. Especially when there's so many movies that came out recently that I wouldn't have an interest in.

isny said:
Disney and Pixar. It's the same company, so w/e, it's all the same.
I think it's a Disney movie, they are "borrowing" Andrew Stanton from Pixar, and they're [I think?] releasing it under their Touchstone label because it'll be PG-13. I don't think you'll see the Pixar name on the poster like others have suggested, Pixar isn't actually doing anything other then lending out one of their directors.

isny

napkin dispenser
I was right about the upgrade coupons. (Coupons are now live)

Incredibles $10 Upgrade Coupon

Cars $8 Upgrade Coupon

The Incredibles DVD: 786936244250
Cars Blu Ray Single Disc: 786936734041

Most stores will be selling The Incredibles at $29.99 and Cars for $24.99 for Blu Ray Combo Packs (Blu+ DVD). There is only one SKU of both of these being released on Tuesday (April 12th). Best Buy in the U.S. has both available for $24.99.

Some stores have a promotion running where if you buy both, you get $10 off. Therefore the cheapest you could conceivably get these two for would be $22 plus taxes total for both. (Plus any other coupons like the Target Bunny Munny, etc.)

Commonly asked questions:

Question: Is there anyway to use the coupon if I purchase these from Amazon?
Answer: Open up a chat window with an Amazon rep and ask. It's YMMV but others and I have had success multiple times with this method.

Question: Can I stack coupons?
Answer: YMMV

carsupgrade860x800md1ojg1302211415690.jpg

incrediblesupgrade860x800md1ojg1302200814143.jpg

isny said:
Incredibles coupon

Is there any way to use this coupon on Amazon.com? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never this reward program before. It says to print it out, so I'm assuming the answer is "no," but I just want to make sure. :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Summary Man said:
Is there any way to use this coupon on Amazon.com? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never this reward program before. It says to print it out, so I'm assuming the answer is "no," but I just want to make sure. :)

The answer to your question was on the previous page, but I've included it in my post above for reference.

isny said:
The answer to your question was on the previous page, but I've included it in my post above for reference.

Whoops, apologies, sir. I didn't realize that my exact question had already been asked/answered. Thanks for taking the time to help, though. I appreciate it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any word on Hercules or Emperor's blu-ray releases? I really want to rewatch them, and I'm not sure it's worth waiting for them to show up

Gav

zoner said:
Any word on Hercules or Emperor's blu-ray releases? I really want to rewatch them, and I'm not sure it's worth waiting for them to show up

I hope this comes soon, i adore that movie.

And oh my god at Tangled. I need the BluRay, holy crap.

My collection is growing nicely;

Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Bambi
Dumbo
Beauty & the Beast
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Princess & The Frog
Pinocchio
Alice in Wonderland

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
A Bugs Life
Ratatouille
Cars
Up
Wall E
Monsters Inc

Bolt
Enchanted
Tron
Tron Legacy

Jangaroo

One day... I'm going to see that lantern scene in Tangled on a 60"+ TV. One day.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Jangaroo said:
One day... I'm going to see that lantern scene in Tangled on a 60"+ TV. One day.

I watched it on a 63 inch plasma. I nearly wept. I had been drinking heavily but whatever.

Jangaroo

Gouty said:
I watched it on a 63 inch plasma. I nearly wept. I had been drinking heavily but whatever.
I'm crying in a corner right now out of pure envy.

Jangaroo

Man I'm watching my movies on a crappy 19 inch screen. And Blu Rays still look better than DVDs. I am sitting pretty darn close to the thing but it's okay.

To be fair, I'm living with my parents.

Although I do anticipate getting a 50" once I move out. I had a 20" busted CRT in my room until 2 years ago. Barely used it for anything outside of gaming, and I can't imagine going back to such a small screen.

Uchip

Banned
how did i even end up in this thread
i thought this was the anime thread and all of a sudden wtf?
been a while since ive been durnk on the internet

FOOTE

As awesome as those Tangled pictures look, they still don't do the Blu-ray justice.

Since we're posting our collections, I'll round up mine and take a picture before I leave for work. Be warned though, it's going to be taken with my iPhone.

photo.jpg

iPhone camera is awful. This is not how I normally display them, they were set like that only to take the picture.

Jangaroo said:

I just got a new 55", but my parents are giving Tangled to my kids for Easter. Just a couple more weeks and I'll finally see it at home. Loved it in the theater.

edit: I assume the collections are just Disney in this thread? Which, for me, is over half of my total blu-rays.

Pixar:
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Cars
Ratatouille
Up
A Bug's Life
Wall-E
Mater's Tall Tales
Monsters Inc.

Non-Pixar
Bolt
Beauty & the Beast
Princess & the Frog
Enchanted
some POS Tinkerbell movie my daughter asked for

and soon Tangled.

Has anyone heard anything about a release of "The Little Mermaid". My wife asks me about 3 times a week when that is coming out on Blu-Ray and I can find the smallest shred of info.

FOOTE

TheClimaxan said:
Has anyone heard anything about a release of "The Little Mermaid". My wife asks me about 3 times a week when that is coming out on Blu-Ray and I can find the smallest shred of info.
It will be a Diamond Edition release, we just don't know when.

Jesus, you guys are purchasing everything.

I know I won't. I'm seriously considering not getting Winnie the Pooh. I hated Tigger with a passion as a lad. The way they relished their ignorance... it was too much for me.

Also, I need that Ponyo sleeve. Suggestions?

see5harp

FlightOfHeaven said:

I know I won't. I'm seriously considering not getting Winnie the Pooh. I hated Tigger with a passion as a lad. The way they relished their ignorance... it was too much for me.

Yea, I won't buy anything with a Disney tag. I can't believe how many people are buying 3D versions of Tron Legacy. It wasn't even close to being a great movie in 2D much less 3D.

FOOTE said:
As awesome as those Tangled pictures look, they still don't do the Blu-ray justice.

Since we're posting our collections, I'll round up mine and take a picture before I leave for work. Be warned though, it's going to be taken with my iPhone.

photo.jpg

iPhone camera is awful. This is not how I normally display them, they were set like that only to take the picture.
Dumbo? What? How?

Christopher

FlightOfHeaven said:

I'm a disney whore so yes I am.

Top Bottom