• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just picked up Incredibles for $9.99 + tax at Target (PM Best Buy $24.99, $10 coupon, $5 Bunny coupon)

No dates given for Lion King in the package or Blu-ray

isny said:
I've seen a few locally with slipcovers still, but the stores charge a premium for these. $30+

Just got back from picking up my copy of The Incredibles =D (It's going to be a drought for Disney films now for awhile after getting used to bunched up releases)

m8hhn4.jpg

Speaking of slipcovers and cover art... what's with the yellow framing? Makes it look like a player's choice package.

Wario64 said:
Just picked up Incredibles for $9.99 + tax at Target (PM Best Buy $24.99, $10 coupon, $5 Bunny coupon)

I got the 10 dollar disney coupon but what's the bunny coupon? I have the old cars release so I'm not interested in having it on DVD too so doing the buy both get 10 bucks off at best buy is a waste for me.

Christopher

Wario64 said:

it should be around the same time as beauty and the beast and snow white which was Octoberish?

shwimpy

So only Dumbo and Lion King are confirmed for the rest of this year?

I hope Many of Adventures of Winnie the Pooh gets a blu-ray release... too bad it didn't make it in time for the new movie. Maybe they'll release it simultaneously next year.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
RoninChaos said:
I got the 10 dollar disney coupon but what's the bunny coupon? I have the old cars release so I'm not interested in having it on DVD too so doing the buy both get 10 bucks off at best buy is a waste for me.

It was given out in the mail. Or you can try to find a PDF scan of it floating around the internet. Coupon says no copies though

$5 off on Disney Blu-ray $24.99 or higher

omgkitty

I went to Best Buy to pick up both The Incredibles and Cars because with the deal they're running (buy both get $10 off) and the Disney coupons, it's actually cheaper to buy both. Unfortunately, they only got about 2 or 3 copies of Cars and were sold out when I got there. Fortunately, they were able to order a copy of Cars and have it delivered to my house for free while I picked up The Incredibles and still got all of the same deals. So if you go in and they don't have a copy, just ask and they might help you out.

see5harp

Damn Target is killing it with the deals. When I get home I gotta print some coupons and cross my fingers. $9.99 is a must buy.

isny

napkin dispenser
RoninChaos said:

Blu_LED said:
The only way to get the $10 off The Incredibles is to own it on DVD? There's no other way?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26979580&postcount=781

You guys really need to read through the past few pages before asking these questions, lol

linkboy

shwimpy said:
So only Dumbo and Lion King are confirmed for the rest of this year?

I hope Many of Adventures of Winnie the Pooh gets a blu-ray release... too bad it didn't make it in time for the new movie. Maybe they'll release it simultaneously next year.

And while their at it, a DVD release of New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (the old cartoon series) would be nice as well.

Please Disney :(

Morn

Banned
Wario64 said:
So is there any new content in Cars?

No. It's just the same old BluRay release bundled with a DVD.

But the BluRay has a bunch of stuff on it the DVD release didn't. It was Disney's way of enticing people to upgrade back when it first came out.

Leeness

linkboy said:
And while their at it, a DVD release of New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (the old cartoon series) would be nice as well.

Please Disney :(

YES PLEASE. I've been wanting New Adventures forEVER. Whyyyyy Disney?

And I hate Canadian retailers. Absolute crooks. I ended up, even with my coupon, still paying close to $30 for Incredibles.

Worst part was that I had gotten a girl at Best Buy to do my price match to Rogers (to $29.99) and then she took my coupon (putting it down to $19.99) and she was ringing me through and I literally only had to put in my PIN, and then her manager came out and was all "NONONO cancel that!" and made her cancel it! And then tried to sell it to me at $24.99. I said hell no and left, but I ended up having to pay $24.99 elsewhere anyway, cause no one else would give me price match and coupon. And then with BC's outrageous taxes, my final total was $29.53 or something like that. Such BS.

Crooks.

isny

napkin dispenser
Leeness said:
YES PLEASE. I've been wanting New Adventures forEVER. Whyyyyy Disney?

And I hate Canadian retailers. Absolute crooks. I ended up, even with my coupon, still paying close to $30 for Incredibles.

Worst part was that I had gotten a girl at Best Buy to do my price match to Rogers (to $29.99) and then she took my coupon (putting it down to $19.99) and she was ringing me through and I literally only had to put in my PIN, and then her manager came out and was all "NONONO cancel that!" and made her cancel it! And then tried to sell it to me at $24.99. I said hell no and left, but I ended up having to pay $24.99 elsewhere anyway, cause no one else would give me price match and coupon. And then with BC's outrageous taxes, my final total was $29.53 or something like that. Such BS.

Crooks.

I'll scan in my receipt from Future Shop later today (showing the $29.99 price and the $10 coupon) and you can try to get your $5.00 back =)

y2dvd

Sweet. Finally picked up Cars along with The Incredibles. Now please put out an awesome sale for Sleeping Beauty and Tangled!

Leeness

isny said:
I'll scan in my receipt from Future Shop later today (showing the $29.99 price and the $10 coupon) and you can try to get your $5.00 back =)

I think Walmart chucked my coupon away after they used it. :( Thank you though~

Leeness said:
I think Walmart chucked my coupon away after they used it. :( Thank you though~

Curses :(

I try to avoid double dipping from DVD to Blu Ray. I just don't like being charged so much money for one movie when you break it down into both formats.

But Incredibles is one of my favourite Pixar movies, and so I decided to break the rule. Then I get there and it's 35 bucks, damn you disney and your high pricing. Then I notice that if you buy it with Cars, my least favourite Pixar movie that I own (I don't own A Bug's Life), you save 10 bucks.

So now that I've double dipped BOTH of those movies, All I can think is that I now have to upgrade Monster's Inc., Finding Nemo and Ratatouille! Because if I am willing to upgrade Cars, surely these movies deserve equal treatment.

This Incredibles Blu Ray is going to cost me a lot of dough :(

Dead

well not really...yet
Kinda tempted to get Cars just because of the coupon

Id swore to myself Id never watch Cars due to Larry the Cable Guy being in it...

Oozer3993

y2dvd said:
Sweet. Finally picked up Cars along with The Incredibles. Now please put out an awesome sale for Sleeping Beauty and Tangled!

Sleeping Beauty has been in the vault for over a year now, if you're in the US. It can be quite hard to find for a reasonable price. Newegg seems to still have it in stock for $29.99, which is kind of steep, but it is a great set. And it is absolutely gorgeous. I got it a week ago and have already watched it three times.

isny said:
I've seen a few locally with slipcovers still, but the stores charge a premium for these. $30+

Just got back from picking up my copy of The Incredibles =D (It's going to be a drought for Disney films now for awhile after getting used to bunched up releases)

m8hhn4.jpg

Have anyone tried peeling off the sticker on the slipcase? I just got my copy of The Incredibles in the mail and I want to try taking the sticker off, but I'm not sure if it's one of those super-duty stickers that peels off the artwork or anything.

I'm kinda OCD about these sorts of things, so I would hate to mess up the slipcover in any way. :D

isny

napkin dispenser
Summary Man said:
Have anyone tried peeling off the sticker on the slipcase? I just got my copy of The Incredibles in the mail and I want to try taking the sticker off, but I'm not sure if it's one of those super-duty stickers that peels off the artwork or anything.

I'm kinda OCD about these sorts of things, so I would hate to mess up the slipcover in any way. :D

I always peel mine off. They come off fine for the first few months. The older catalogue titles though are a pain to get the stickers off =(

Dead

well not really...yet
Summary Man said:

I just bought it, and the stickers came off extremely easily

Dead

well not really...yet
Summary Man said:
Thanks guys. I only ask because I have lots of other slipcovers that were "ruined" by stubborn stickers. :)
hVPVl.jpg

Use that and you'll never ruin a nice slipcover again.

isny

napkin dispenser
With Fantasia, Pinocchio, and Snow White going into the vault, it seems Amazon has stepped up and is offering a sale on Disney Blu Ray Combo Packs.

Buy 3 get $20 off your total order.

All three of the soon to be vaulted titles are included in this sale.

The sale ends on April 23rd.

I'm tempted to pick up Toy Story 1 / 2, Princess and the Frog, Bambi, Fantasia, and Tron.

Good lord, that's six right there. Don't know if I want to spend that much just on movies at one time.

It's so shitty that Fantasia is being vaulted already.

Snow White and Pinocchio have been out for well over a year, so that's to be expected. But Fantasia has only been out for about five months.

AirBrian

BertramCooper said:
It's so shitty that Fantasia is being vaulted already.

Snow White and Pinocchio have been out for well over a year, so that's to be expected. But Fantasia has only been out for about five months.
They protect Fantasia like there's no tomorrow! The VHS release was the same way (back in the day), although you could always find copies out there.

Would I be a fool to buy a bunch of the ones about to be vaulted, not open them, then try and sell them on ebay over the holidays? I could use the cash.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Lemmy Caution said:
Would I be a fool to buy a bunch of the ones about to be vaulted, not open them, then try and sell them on ebay over the holidays? I could use the cash.
Well, if you want to make pennies on the dollar, go for it.

Fantasia may be the only one that will gain any value given that it JUST CAME OUT, but still.. it's doubtful.

MrMan2k3

For those of you who missed the deals and need to catch up on a few of the Disney Blu-rays, I saw this post on SlickDeals that claims that there will be some good prices at Target next week (4/17 - 4/23).

$17.99 each
Tangled - ($5 coupon still available here with code "hair", so you can get it for $12.99) (My guess is it's the 2-disc combo)
Toy Story 3 - (Not sure if it's 4-disc combo or 2-disc Blu-ray)
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

There are also some good deals on Dreamworks and other movies, so see the link if you're interested.

Top Bottom