• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

I really want that huge Lion King box set with all 3 movies, because I love LK and LK 1&1/2 was great too, but it's just so expensive and there's no coupon for it :(

What's in it again?

Lion King:
3D BRD
BRD
DVD
Digital Copy

Lion King 2:
BRD
DVD

Lion King 1 1/2:
BRD
DVD

Right?

I wonder if they'll ever release 2 and 1 1/2 separately? I don't recall caring much for 2, but I'd really like to have the Timon and Pumbaa movie.

Marty Chinn said:
Anyone know what the best deals are on Lion King and Beauty and the Beast in 3D?

I checked my Amazon order for Lion King and am being charged $21.99 for the 3D BD. I think it might be the same price for Beauty & the Beast as well.

JdFoX187

Banned
WordAssassin said:
I really want that huge Lion King box set with all 3 movies, because I love LK and LK 1&1/2 was great too, but it's just so expensive and there's no coupon for it :(

What's in it again?

Lion King:
3D BRD
BRD
DVD
Digital Copy

Lion King 2:
BRD
DVD

Lion King 1 1/2:
BRD
DVD

Right?

I wonder if they'll ever release 2 and 1 1/2 separately? I don't recall caring much for 2, but I'd really like to have the Timon and Pumbaa movie.
That's right. Don't know why they haven['t been scheduled for release separately yet. With the exception of The Fox and the Hound, the DHV sequels have been released separately soon after the original. I'm buying the box set myself, because I want the whole trilogy. But that and the Toy Story blu ray collection box are going to fuck up my blu ray collection on my nice shelves.

JdFoX187 said:
That's right. Don't know why they haven['t been scheduled for release separately yet. With the exception of The Fox and the Hound, the DHV sequels have been released separately soon after the original. I'm buying the box set myself, because I want the whole trilogy. But that and the Toy Story blu ray collection box are going to fuck up my blu ray collection on my nice shelves.
Just found out, though the price is $75 at Best Buy the $5 coupon works for the Mega Set too, plus I have $15 worth of Reward Zone coupons saved up, so that's $55 for the whole thing. That's a much more attractive price... HMMM

Totally hear you on the box fucking up my shelf though. At least the main box it comes in is square, and not JUST the cylinder that the DVDs sit in. I'd LOVE to have the steel book case that Best Buy is offering too, but that's only available for the standard BluRay releases. :\

isny

napkin dispenser
Auron_Kale said:
I checked my Amazon order for Lion King and am being charged $21.99 for the 3D BD. I think it might be the same price for Beauty & the Beast as well.

Same.

Like always though, I managed to get an Amazon rep via chat to give me an additional $5 for my next purchase after providing the coupon link to them =)

So in reality, I'm paying $16.99 =D

Auron_Kale said:

Heh I just found out I had already ordered Lion King and got it for $16.99 =) Now I just need to find a cheap price for Beauty and the Beast so I can double dip. Something has to be better than $30.

isny

napkin dispenser
Keep in mind too, you can get a very nice pin set once you enter your magic code from any of the Lion King releases. ($15.99 which includes shipping gets you three exclusive pins)

Also, there were three new items added to the rewards. (The Lithos and the Ornament are nice, but going to hold off for the Muppet rewards, as their will be some cool ones)

Lion King Lithograph Set
Lion King Blanket
2011 DMR Exclusive Ornament (le 4500)

edit: I decided to just bite and get one of the ornaments. I knew I would regret it if they sold out and I changed my mind.

18-Volt said:
Lady and the Tramp - Spring
Pocahontas - Spring
Robin Hood - Summer
Aladdin -Fall
Cinderella -Fall (traditional October release)
Mulan - either December or early 2013 release
Next year....so good.

isny said:
Keep in mind too, you can get a very nice pin set once you enter your magic code from any of the Lion King releases. ($15.99 which includes shipping gets you three exclusive pins)

Also, there were three new items added to the rewards. (The Lithos and the Ornament are nice, but going to hold off for the Muppet rewards, as their will be some cool ones)

Lion King Lithograph Set
Lion King Blanket
2011 DMR Exclusive Ornament (le 4500)

edit: I decided to just bite and get one of the ornaments. I knew I would regret it if they sold out and I changed my mind.

Thanks for the tip, I couldn't resist the lithograph set.

Decided to switch my order from Amazon to BB since I will be paying less with the coupon, and getting that collectable case. Tried using the coupon on Amazon, but customer service said they couldn't.

Edit: For online Best Buy orders, Can I pay when picking up the item, or do I have to pay right away?

isny

napkin dispenser
Shadowlink said:
Decided to switch my order from Amazon to BB since I will be paying less with the coupon, and getting that collectable case. Tried using the coupon on Amazon, but customer service said they couldn't.

Edit: For online Best Buy orders, Can I pay when picking up the item, or do I have to pay right away?

You pay when you pick it up. They ask for the CC info ahead of time, but you can pay with whatever method you want upon arrival.

I want Robin Hood so badly..

The dvd just doesn't look good, but it's still one of my favorite disney films. If they gave it a proper film scan and a little clean up, I'd be extremely happy..

Seems like they wouldn't bother, though.. I'd love to be wrong.

Nemesis_

So, would the Lion King boxset include separate packaging for each film? Basically, will it fit well into my current blu-ray shelf?

isny

napkin dispenser
Nemesis556 said:
So, would the Lion King boxset include separate packaging for each film? Basically, will it fit well into my current blu-ray shelf?

Nope.

Wait for the individual releases. The packaging is terribad.

Bebpo

Banned
Does the 3d BRD of Lion King also contain the 2d version? Or do you need to double-dip if you want both transfers?

I've never bought a 3d BRD before and I'm curious to check it out, but I mainly want the 2d version.

Bebpo said:
Does the 3d BRD of Lion King also contain the 2d version? Or do you need to double-dip if you want both transfers?

I've never bought a 3d BRD before and I'm curious to check it out, but I mainly want the 2d version.

It'll have the 3D, 2D, DVD, and Digital Copy. Pretty much every format possible.

NekoFever

Finding Nemo can't be far away. It's the only movie in Pixar's back catalogue that isn't out on Blu-ray yet and it's bound to do huge numbers when it comes out.

Magnus

Pocahontas and Aladdin blurays in 2012? Disney bluray year of the FOREVER!

Pocahontas seriously has my favorite Disney soundtrack. So fucking awesome, lyrical, beautiful.

isny

napkin dispenser
speculawyer said:
So how do you use the $5 coupon with Amazon?

Easiest way is to open up a chat with an Amazon rep, explain you preordered before the coupon was available, and ask if they can adjust the price by $5 or provide you with a $5 credit for a future order.

Depending on what the rep's limitations are on adjustments, you will usually get one of the two above requests fulfilled, even if you have to try with 1-2 different reps.

isny said:
Easiest way is to open up a chat with an Amazon rep, explain you preordered before the coupon was available, and ask if they can adjust the price by $5 or provide you with a $5 credit for a future order.

Depending on what the rep's limitations are on adjustments, you will usually get one of the two above requests fulfilled, even if you have to try with 1-2 different reps.
I tried doing this, but the rep said I couldn't use it. I guess a few got lucky.

isny

napkin dispenser
Shadowlink said:
I tried doing this, but the rep said I couldn't use it. I guess a few got lucky.

I've been doing it for years now and was only declined once. I went back a few hours later, got a different rep, and had no problems.

isny said:
I've been doing it for years now and was only declined once. I went back a few hours later, got a different rep, and had no problems.
I'll try it again. I'd rather buy it from Amazon than BB.

Edit: Amazon rep adjusted my price to $24.99 for the Diamond Edition! Thanks Isny! :D

isny

napkin dispenser
FloppyDelux said:
anyone know if they took out that morning report song in the Lion King Diamond edi?

It's on the disc as a bonus, but not in the cut of the movie on the disc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really hope they announce Mulan and Hercules for BD soon. Been wanting to rewatch those and I no longer have a VHS player. I never bothered to buy any of the Disney stuff on DVD either.

Three days until Lion King! Still can't decide between the regular Diamond and the Eight Disc set. I want the 8 Disc set but if I go that route I feel I should wait a little until it goes cheaper.

Kagari said:
I really hope they announce Mulan and Hercules for BD soon. Been wanting to rewatch those and I no longer have a VHS player. I never bothered to buy any of the Disney stuff on DVD either.

That's like me. Had the Disney movies on VHS, skipped DVD, now picking all Disney movies up. I would love to see Hercules again. Only saw it once as a kid.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
VGChampion said:
That's like me. Had the Disney movies on VHS, skipped DVD, now picking all Disney movies up. I would love to see Hercules again. Only saw it once as a kid.

I haven't seen it in years... but I remember rewatching it over and over again back in the late 90s *_*

JdFoX187

Banned
Hercules was a weird one. It came out around the time when I "grew out" of Disney animated films for a couple years. So I didn't see it right away. When I went back to it, it seemed a little different than their usual affair. I sort of liked it. Haven't seen it but the one time. Would really like them to announce a blu ray release date for it as well. But The Jungle Book still comes first.

isny

napkin dispenser
Discotheque said:
agreed. The thing that holds up the most though is James Woods' Hades. Everything else is kinda meh however.

The music is great.

But yeah James Wood and Pain and Panic really are great villains =D

MicH

I think Disneys international release schedule is interesting. The US already got The Fox and the Hound and it's not even on the horizon in, for example, Denmark. However, we got Dumbo over a year ago and Lion King a good two weeks ago. Also all released Blu-rays, except Sleeping Beauty, can still be found here.

Lion King is amazing by the way!

John_B

MicH said:
Lion King is amazing by the way!
I picked up Lion King in Denmark as well. I wasn't too impressed by Beauty and the Beast, but the Lion King definitly looks spot on. Alladin will be amazing.

gIEEP.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Got my $5 credit for The Lion King from Amazon. Brings my trilogy purchase to $61.99. I can live with that I guess. Funny how they keep telling me these are "one time exceptions." I've had so many I've lost count. You just have to know how to balance sweet talking and anger with these CSRs.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Thanks for the $5 disney coupon for Lion King. I wonder if it will stack with the $5 coupon from Subway. My gf loves the Lion King so she had to get the subway bag with the $5 coupon. Going to use that at Best Buy to get the exclusive tin, hopefully both coupons will stack also.

FOOTE

John_B said:
I picked up Lion King in Denmark as well. I wasn't too impressed by Beauty and the Beast, but the Lion King definitly looks spot on. Alladin will be amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/gIEEP.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Really? I thought BatB was stunning.

[QUOTE=SCReuter]Just a heads up: ABC Family is airing Aladdin in HD right now, and re-airing it in 15 minutes.

It looks really good.[/QUOTE]
BD confirmed? Going to watch some of it until I pass out anyway.

Anth0ny

FOOTE said:
BD confirmed? Going to watch some of it until I pass out anyway.

there's been an HD version of Aladdin floating around for a while. Which is why it hurts so much to wait for the actual blu ray ; _ ;

Top Bottom