• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Thanks for the links!

Despite it's content, I am a very big Disney enthusiast, so having a complete collection of their works is an important endeavor for me.

"Song of the South" may be an antiquated work from another era where some things that we find politically incorrect today were accepted, but there are many movies out there from decades passed that have this issue. One in particular I can think of is "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby. If you are not privy to it, there is a scene where Bing and others wear black face during a musical number.

It would be a rough sell to even get it released. I imagine the NAACP as well as others would have a problem with it.

How much do they usually charge for disney new releases?

The website says 30 dollars so... 30 - 5 + 20 - 8 = 37 + tax... which seems more like 40 bucks. Still not bad, but this is something I would definitely do if it was 30 bucks total.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that site's math adds up. I think it's going to end up being higher than $30.

I'm going to try it out either today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow), so I'll let everyone know if it works.

Christopher

Lady and the Tramp can easily be had for under 17 dollars this week with the coupon. Most Disney releases as rule of thumb you get in the first week they come out.

T Dollarz

Will get Lady and the Tramp for that deal at Target this week. This being my first Disney blu ray, which other should I pick up with it? I'm leaning towards Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, but seeing as Bambi is the oldest maybe I should just go ahead and get that.

Personally, I'd say Winnie the Pooh, because I feel it's a bit underrated. But go with what you like.

Also, I finally got in Princess and the Frog's 3-disc edition today. I kept putting off buying it, and I haven't seen it in store anymore.

FOOTE

Lady and the Tramp should be waiting on my doorstep when get home later. It's been a ling while since I last saw it so it'll be pretty special.

Woah, apparently we have another sweet TRU deal. Thanks to Az987 for pointing this out in the Blu-ray thread.

I just got Lady and the Tramp for $11.99 + tax and it came with a $5 gift card at Toys R Us.

The sale price is $24.99 - the $8 Disney coupon makes it $16.99 and then at the register they have a piece of paper that says get $10 off any Blu-ray $19.99 and up for preordering The Muppet movie.

You have to put $5 down so it comes out to $11.99. I don't even know if I'll go back for The Muppet movie.

Wait, wait, hold on.

The $8 coupon only works if you get the 3-disc edition of Lady & the Tramp. Otherwise it's $5 off for the 2-disc.

Is it the 3-Disc edition that's on sale at TRU for $24?

Edit: Oh wow, it is. Kind unsure if I want the gold cover for the addition of the digital copy (SO stupid, I know) but at the same time, the prices come out exactly the same if I get the normal combo pack with the $5-off coupon. So basically I get a free DC but at the price of shitty gold box art.

Edit 2: I hate that some of the Platinum/Diamond releases include a digital copy, and some don't. Irk. I guess I can always just rip the BR/DVD to my computer with HandBreak if I find myself really fiending for that digital copy.

Edit 3: FFFUUUCCKKKK it's not printing! God dammit stupid computer! This happened with Cars 2! RAGE

Ok, fucking stupid pile of shit printer didn't print the coupon, when I try to print it again, the DMR website tells me I've already redeemed the offer.

A) No I haven't

B) It even says that I'm limited to two coupons per computer, I've yet to even print the first one.

Anyone know how to fix this? Do I email Disney? I know each coupon has a unique code on it so I can't just ask someone for a copy of theirs, right?

God, I fucking hate this Disney coupon shit. Coupons.com stuff works and prints just fine with everything EXCEPT Disney's offers. I can print up free movie tickets and cereal coupons until my ink runs out but Disney stuff? I'm fucked. God dammit.

I just had a similar issue. First make sure your computer can print. Then once that's set, just try and navigate back to the coupon page (not the code redemption page) through your browser's history. See if that works.

Oh it can print. I just printed a letter earlier today. There's just something about their Coupons software via FireFox that fucks everything up.

Edit: Tried it and got a "This coupon has been printed the maximum allowances" message bullshit. Apparently they can mail me one, but it'll take 7-10 days and by then I'm assuming the offer will be over.

Fucking hell.

so are you finally done with this coupon drama?

I order from Amazon when they have their coupons so I don't have to deal with retailers, tax or printer problems.

You're also paying about $10 more then I would have if the coupon had printed properly. Even if I don't use the coupon and do the Toys R Us $10-off promotion trick I'd still be spending less than you did.

Christopher

so are you finally done with this coupon drama?

I order from Amazon when they have their coupons so I don't have to deal with retailers, tax or printer problems.

Oh it can print. I just printed a letter earlier today. There's just something about their Coupons software via FireFox that fucks everything up.

Edit: Tried it and got a "This coupon has been printed the maximum allowances" message bullshit. Apparently they can mail me one, but it'll take 7-10 days and by then I'm assuming the offer will be over.

Fucking hell.

There's a way to clean out the registry I think to get it so you can try again. The easier alternative is grab another computer.

Tunic

Picking up Lady and the Tramp tomorrow! I am excited to see the news of the future releases. I am especially looking for to The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under Bluray release!

That TRU deal was absolutely YMMV. I ask about the Muppets pre-order and right off, the cashier asks if I have a DMR coupon. It's not all bad, I guess. Since I got Lady, Cars 2 3D, and a $5 GC for $50.

B.K.

The booklet with Lady and the Tramp says that Bambi and Beauty and the Beast are going back in the vault on April 30. Get them while you can!

Christopher

Does the Vault even mean anything anymore I mean Disney use to put these releases out for a couple of months then seal em...they've been in circulation for so long it's easy to get them second hand.

johnsmith

remember me

vazel

Banned
Does the Vault even mean anything anymore I mean Disney use to put these releases out for a couple of months then seal em...they've been in circulation for so long it's easy to get them second hand.
As much as I hate it Disney's vault scheme does work. After the annoyances I had to go through buying secondhand Platinum DVDs I make sure to buy the BDs as soon as I can brand new. I used to have trouble finding secondhand vaulted DVD titles for less than $30. There were also widespread counterfeits because of how in-demand they were.

Fantasia and Snow White on BD have been vaulted and secondhand prices are not cheap. Sleeping Beauty has been vaulted too but you can still buy that one cheap secondhand. Thankfully no counterfeit BDs yet.

oatmeal

Banned

Fucking hell.

You're also paying about $10 more then I would have if the coupon had printed properly. Even if I don't use the coupon and do the Toys R Us $10-off promotion trick I'd still be spending less than you did.

Log into your Disney Movie Rewards Account, click My DMR, click Unlocked Offers on the left. You'll find the link to print there.

Same thing happened to me.

Okay, I think I'm going to try the Target deal instead of the TRU deal, since some people have been having issues with TRU. I still need Dumbo (I'm mad at myself for forgetting to pick it up release week), so it's worthwhile to just get them both now.

I'll drop by Target on my lunch break and let everyone know how it goes.

The booklet with Lady and the Tramp says that Bambi and Beauty and the Beast are going back in the vault on April 30. Get them while you can!

They're really starting to narrow the release windows. Bambi will have been out barely a year before getting vaulted.

And Fantasia, of course, was out for about a split second.

Back from Target.

yKus9.jpg

Success!

The cashier said to me, "Wow, you really made out on this one."

why the hell is the pal version only a single disc blu ray? i know it doesn't really matter but i've still not upgraded and liked being able to watch the dvd versions for now...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hmmm... Sleeping Beauty, The Aristocats, Aladdin... I must have those. When are they going to do Pocahontas?

Az987

all good things
That TRU deal was absolutely YMMV. I ask about the Muppets pre-order and right off, the cashier asks if I have a DMR coupon. It's not all bad, I guess. Since I got Lady, Cars 2 3D, and a $5 GC for $50.

Sorry you couldn't get it to work. I found it on the blu-ray.com forum and no one had a problem there. Sometimes you get a bad cashier.

Hmm.. I bought Beauty and the Beast when it was released last year before they had the 3D one out. I wonder if I should buy the 3D edition since it's being vaulted.

I still need to get Alice in Wonderland, The Fox and the Hound, Dumbo and The Lion King. I have all the others but my Pinocchio doesn't have a slip.

Tunic

Printed out my coupon, going to pick up Lady and the Tramp tomorrow. I will also have a Fred Meyer reward coupon to use for $13 off on top of the $8 off. Big time savings!

Back from Target.

yKus9.jpg

Success!

The cashier said to me, "Wow, you really made out on this one."

I had my girlfriend pick up the Disney blu-rays she could today.

She works at Target, so discount plus in Delaware so no sales tax. Getting Sleeping Beauty on Blu-ray today via Amazon as well. I'm excited for the weekend. It's going to be a Disney marathon.

She works at Target, so discount plus in Delaware so no sales tax. Getting Sleeping Beauty on Blu-ray today via Amazon as well. I'm excited for the weekend. It's going to be a Disney marathon.

Speaking of Sleeping Beauty, it's interesting that new copies are still going for a relatively reasonable price, even though it was vaulted ages ago.

Speaking of Sleeping Beauty, it's interesting that new copies are still going for a relatively reasonable price, even though it was vaulted ages ago.

Aye, it's still 35 dollars on Amazon, which is why I grabbed it before it ended up like Pinocchio or Snow white which are running around ~50 dollars a piece.

Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 is well out of reach at ~75. The box art is tremendous on that and I stare at it in awe incessantly.

Edit: Spelling "art" incorrectly.

Top Bottom