• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

johnsmith

remember me
No problem with the Toys R Us deal here. 12.96 out the door for the 3 disc version + $5 gift card and $5 towards The Muppets.

Anyone know of any deals for The Fox and the Hound? That's the only one missing for me so far.

It might work as part of the Target Lady and the Tramp deal, though I'm not totally sure.

Speaking of which, I just watched Lady and the Tramp. The transfer is stunning; no surprises there.

T Dollarz

Going to Target tomorrow. Picking up Lady and the Tramp and most likely Bambi. These will be my first two Disney films. Any idea on how to best pick up the ones already vaulted? (I would want Snow White, Pinnochio and Sleeping Beauty)

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you guys end up doing with your slip covers for your blus? I hate that some have them and some don't, so I take them all off and just stash them somewhere.

Going to Target tomorrow. Picking up Lady and the Tramp and most likely Bambi. These will be my first two Disney films. Any idea on how to best pick up the ones already vaulted? (I would want Snow White, Pinnochio and Sleeping Beauty)
Amazon (through its third-party vendors) is probably your best bet. Most B&Ms ran out of copies ages ago. As I noted earlier today, Sleeping Beauty is still pretty cheap. Pinocchio and Snow White, not so much.

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you guys end up doing with your slip covers for your blus? I hate that some have them and some don't, so I take them all off and just stash them somewhere.

I keep them on. The spines look so much nicer with them than without.

T Dollarz

Amazon's third party vendors are probably your best bet. Most B&Ms ran out of copies ages ago. As I noted earlier today, Sleeping Beauty is still pretty cheap. Pinocchio and Snow White, not so much.

Alright, guess I'd better hop on them pretty quickly then. Especially Sleeping Beauty before it goes up. As for the Target deal, just need to print the Disney Rewards coupon and the rest is automatic at the register?

Alright, guess I'd better hop on them pretty quickly then. Especially Sleeping Beauty before it goes up. As for the Target deal, just need to print the Disney Rewards coupon and the rest is automatic at the register?

Yup. Just be sure to print the correct coupon, depending on whether you want the two-disc or the three-disc.

Christopher

Beauty ans the beast and Bambi are getting shelved soon if anyone missed out on those. Fantasia was released I think for 4 months. We have Cinderella this year and after that only Aladdin little mermaid, the jungle book, Peter pan, and 101 Dalmatians are left

Is the first post a complete list of past and known future releases? I kind of want to see easily what I've missed and what I am going to get in the future.

johnsmith

remember me
Is the first post a complete list of past and known future releases? I kind of want to see easily what I've missed and what I am going to get in the future.

It is for the classics. Doesn't list recent releases (Dinosaur, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh) that are still technically in the canon, and Pixar. Also no straight-to-dvd sequels because we all agree it's better if we pretend those don't exist.

We discuss pretty much all Disney Blu-ray releases in this thread, but the OP is only for the Disney animated films subject to the Vault policy.

At this point, animated films from about 2000 to the present aren't subject to the Vault yet, nor are any of the Pixar films. Again, we still discuss them, but since they're in no jeopardy of getting vaulted any time soon, there's no real need to put them in the OP.

EDIT: Yeah, basically what johnsmith said.

T Dollarz

Went to Target today, got The Lady and the Tramp and Beauty and the Beast. Store I went to was sold out of Bambi, so I got their final copy of Beauty and the Beast instead. Deal worked like a charm, got both for thirty bucks and change.

Tunic

60Sh9.jpg

Picked this up today. Used my Disney Movie Rewards coupon and my Fred Meyer Rewards Coupon!

cj_iwakura

It is for the classics. Doesn't list recent releases (Dinosaur, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh) that are still technically in the canon, and Pixar. Also no straight-to-dvd sequels because we all agree it's better if we pretend those don't exist.

The least bad one I've seen was probably Lion King II.
Mulan's wasn't too bad.

Loofy

Lets talk about aladdin.

So after all the events of the first movie, aladdin was probably all like
'yo sultan, does this mean I get to live with you guys, or at least get a sweet new pad?'
And he's all like 'naa you still have to live in the streets, cartoon series wont be as interesting if you arent still poor.'
'Cant I at least get a title or something? like Hero of Agraba'
'No people will still call you street rat.'

I'd get the third Aladdin movie, if released, but I don't really care if it's never released. I'd rather see stuff like Oliver and Company and The Great Mouse Detective released first.

Wthermans

Banned

I can only hope that one day we'll see The Emperor's New Groove re-released on Blu Ray. :(

Christopher

What do you guys think of Pocahontas being released with the cheap sequel? I personally think that it tarnishes the integrity of the original making them pack it in. Fantasia & The Rescuers seem like logical choices, because they were both released theatrically. Aladdin we know won’t get the sequels packed in with them because it’s a prestigious title. However, I believe that any Disney release outside the Diamond editions will have the sequels attached to them. So be prepared for The Hunchback of Notre dame & The Hunchback of Notre dame II, Mulan & Mulan II, and The Emperor’s New Groove & The Kronks New Groove.

Rescuers Down Under?
I should have qualified my statement by saying straight-to-video sequels, not theatrical sequels.

Song of the South should be released.
Never said it shouldn't be. I was merely saying Disney should banish their straight-to-video sequels to whatever purgatory they've banished Song of the South to.

What do you guys think of Pocahontas being released with the cheap sequel? I personally think that it tarnishes the integrity of the original making them pack it in. Fantasia & The Rescuers seem like logical choices, because they were both released theatrically. Aladdin we know won’t get the sequels packed in with them because it’s a prestigious title. However, I believe that any Disney release outside the Diamond editions will have the sequels attached to them. So be prepared for The Hunchback of Notre dame & The Hunchback of Notre dame II, Mulan & Mulan II, and The Emperor’s New Groove & The Kronks New Groove.
Personally, I don't mind because Pocahontas isn't very good.

I'd be okay with the last one.

JdFoX187

Banned

I wouldn't mind seeing something for Aladdin similar to The Lion King here they have a trilogy of movies released at the same time. They weren't of high quality, but they were decent nonetheless. It doesn't bother me about the others since they're usually the same price anyay.

DJ_Tet

Banned
We had a coupon for a free ticket to see Beauty and the Beast 3D so my gf took me to see it today.

We got the bluray but I've never seen the movie. I must say that the 3D was pretty cool (I'm not usually a big fan but it wasn't distracting and actually looked pretty decent for a movie not shot in 3D.)

The movie itself was obviously spectacular, I can see why it was such a huge hit.

I gotta say that Disney has one of the best membership rewards programs out there.

We've gotten other free movie tickets for buying blurays (I think for Toy Story 3?) and you get points on the ticket stubs, as well as points for buying the movies, and a convenient place to stream digital copies.

They know how to take care of their movie-going customer.

JdFoX187

Banned
Does anyone know where I can download and print blu ray box art? I got a copy of Winnie the Pooh from a friend, but it's in the damn DVD case, which looks like shit compared to the rest of my collection. I have some spare cases but need the box art to slip in

isny

napkin dispenser
Does anyone know where I can download and print blu ray box art? I got a copy of Winnie the Pooh from a friend, but it's in the damn DVD case, which looks like shit compared to the rest of my collection. I have some spare cases but need the box art to slip in

I'll scan mine in for you later.

edit: done

You'll need to crop it a bit, but it's scanned in at the highest resolution possible.

http://i.imgur.com/hcIIA.jpg

Anyone in the UK got any Disney Reward points they want to share, i only need around 150 for the Pirates of the Caribbean BluRay Collection. PM me if you do.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Disney's limited print runs are irritating. Need to find a decently priced copy of Fantasia ;-;

I did purchase Lady and the Tramp though, so I guess from now on I'll buy them near release.

Disney's limited print runs are irritating. Need to find a decently priced copy of Fantasia ;-;

I did purchase Lady and the Tramp though, so I guess from now on I'll buy them near release.

I had a hard time finding a copy for a decent price, but I got lucky when Amazon restocked a couple of copies. Best thing to do is check Amazon everyday.

Verelios

I really want the Toy Story trilogy for a decent price.

That, Aladdin, The lion King, Hunchback, Mulan, Mermaid...fuck it, this is going to go on for awhile.

illadelph

The thing is, 50% off of a Barnes & Noble movie is only like 20% off anywhere else.

I might pick up Space Jam for seven bucks though haha

Barnes and Noble is currently having a 50% off sale on children's Blu-rays and DVDs. This includes Disney movies. Snow White is $19.99, though it appears you'll have to wait for a week or two to get it. You can also use code U7K4X3B to save an additional 20% off one item. Sale ends Monday.

Ugh, the shipping is really killing it for me. I got The Fox and the Hound down to $15.99 but after tax and shipping it's back to $21.

johnsmith

remember me
There's actually some decent deals there on some Disney blu-rays for the completionists. I'm really tempted to grab these just for the collection, but I'm really trying to cut back on how many blu-rays I buy. My blu-ray backlog is almost as bad as my gaming one.

Dinosaur $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Dinosaur/DB-Sweeney/e/786936811285

Meet the Robinsons $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Meet-the-Robinsons/Daniel-Hansen/e/786936811322

Chicken Little $9.99
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Chicken-Little/Zach-Braff/e/786936810851

Not canon, but still released by Disney
James and the Giant Peach $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/James-and-the-Giant-Peach/Simon-Callow/e/786936799521

Pretty sure that's the cheapest any of those have ever been.

There's actually some decent deals there on some Disney blu-rays for the completionists. I'm really tempted to grab these just for the collection, but I'm really trying to cut back on how many blu-rays I buy. My blu-ray backlog is almost as bad as my gaming one.

Dinosaur $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Dinosaur/DB-Sweeney/e/786936811285

Meet the Robinsons $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Meet-the-Robinsons/Daniel-Hansen/e/786936811322

Chicken Little $9.99
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Chicken-Little/Zach-Braff/e/786936810851

Not canon, but still released by Disney
James and the Giant Peach $13.49
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/James-and-the-Giant-Peach/Simon-Callow/e/786936799521

Pretty sure that's the cheapest any of those have ever been.

More people need to watch Meet the Robinsons. It's absolutely one of the best CG Disney movies, and a fantastic movie all around.

I'm very tempted to pick up either Dinosaur or Chicken Little though.

Top Bottom