• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

catabarez

Toy Story trilogy and Lion King trilogy on sale? My wallet will hate me.

Edit: I bit, I got both trilogies for about 86 dollars, very much worth it :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's actually some decent deals there on some Disney blu-rays for the completionists. I'm really tempted to grab these just for the collection, but I'm really trying to cut back on how many blu-rays I buy. My blu-ray backlog is almost as bad as my gaming one.

Pretty sure that's the cheapest any of those have ever been.

Thanks! Bought those three.

Edited:

List of 51 theatrical animated films released in US. I bolded those names that already released in US as Blu-Ray. We will get 5 titles this year; Cinderella, The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, The Aristocats, and Pocahantas. Also there is rumor that we might get 101 Dalmatians this year, but no confirmation.

1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2 Pinocchio
3 Fantasia
4 Dumbo
5 Bambi

6 Saludos Amigos
7 The Three Caballeros
8 Make Mine Music
9 Fun and Fancy Free
10 Melody Time
11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
12 Cinderella
13 Alice in Wonderland
14 Peter Pan
15 Lady and the Tramp
16 Sleeping Beauty

17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians
18 The Sword in the Stone
19 The Jungle Book
20 The Aristocats
21 Robin Hood
22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
23 The Rescuers
24 The Fox and the Hound
25 The Black Cauldron
26 The Great Mouse Detective
27 Oliver & Company
28 The Little Mermaid
29 The Rescuers Down Under
30 Beauty and the Beast
31 Aladdin
32 The Lion King
33 Pocahontas
34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
35 Hercules
36 Mulan
37 Tarzan
38 Fantasia 2000
39 Dinosaur

40 The Emperor's New Groove
41 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
42 Lilo & Stitch
43 Treasure Planet
44 Brother Bear
45 Home on the Range
46 Chicken Little
47 Meet the Robinsons
48 Bolt
49 The Princess and the Frog
50 Tangled
51 Winnie the Pooh

hertog

Is there another "plain" version than the diamond edition of the lady and the tramp blu ray?

I just bought it and on the blu ray disc I can't find that it is the diamond edition.
On my other Disney blu-rays it says Diamond edition on the cover and the disc, on this one it's only on the cover.

Suairyu

Banned
Is there another "plain" version than the diamond edition of the lady and the tramp blu ray?

I just bought it and on the blu ray disc I can't find that it is the diamond edition.
On my other Disney blu-rays it says Diamond edition on the cover and the disc, on this one it's only on the cover.
Expecting any sort of consistency when it comes to packaging from Disney is a foolish thing. They're absolutely terrible at it.

Expecting any sort of consistency when it comes to packaging from Disney is a foolish thing. They're absolutely terrible at it.

I thought they were starting to establish some sort of consistency with the Diamond editions, what with the silver borders and vertical titles, but with Lady and the Tramp getting a gold border for some reason, that's obviously no longer the case.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Does the original cars blu ray have a slipcase? I just got a copy from amazon, and other than being broken, didn't ship with a slipcase. :/

I have the original single-disc release, and mine has a slip case. And I've never seen the two-disc rerelease without a slip cover.
But I have some others that didn't come with slip cases new that I think sometimes had them. (Pinocchio, Fantasia, Ratatouille, Wall-E )

johnsmith

remember me
Pretty shitty how expensive all the Pixar movies are.

They don't have to be!

This has been mentioned in this thread before, but it's been a while. If you're just starting your collection the Disney Blu-Ray club is a great deal as long as there's at least 9 disney blu-rays you want. You can get 9 of them for about $90, maybe less if you get a good deal on the 2 commitment titles. Did this when I started collecting and it was a great start.

This post has all the details.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=151870

FOOTE

I have the original single-disc release, and mine has a slip case. And I've never seen the two-disc rerelease without a slip cover.
But I have some others that didn't come with slip cases new that I think sometimes had them. (Pinocchio, Fantasia, Ratatouille, Wall-E )
All of mine do have the slips.* I believe they stop sending them with the movies to the stores after a while.

*My Wall-E slip was destroyed by a badly placed sticker.

Does anyone use the Disney Movie Rewards? My Blu Ray of "A Bug's Life" came with two stuck together, but I can only register one of them.

If anyone wants it, PM me. (UK here).

Conversely, if anyone has any going spare I'd appreciate them.

I did a survey on the Movie Rewards website last night for a few extra points and it made me realise that of my 60-odd Blu Rays, 15 are Disney ones and I bought them all within the last 18 months.

I need to get hold of more of the classics though. Will have to wait for another of the bi-annual Disney BOGOF's though.

Oozer3993

Watched Beauty and the Beast 3D last night and it looked fantastic. The 3D was very well done and there were quite a few scenes that worked really well with the added dimension.

XShagrath

Thanks for the heads-up, Oozer! I think I've got a couple codes I haven't entered yet. I've already got A Bug's Life, so my choices are even slimmer. Probably grab Terebithia, as I don't think I'd be that fond of Tinkerbell.

MrMan2k3

Anybody planning on picking up Lion King 1-1/2 and/or Lion King 2?

I bought the Lion King Trilogy with the crappy packaging and I would appreciate it if anyone could send me scans of the full covers for those movies so I can slip them in some thinner cases.

Famassu

Play.com and TheHut (at least, could be other UK online stores too) are having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Disney Blu-ray sale:

http://www.thehut.com/offers/disney-bogof.list
http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{454971}%2bc{600}%2b

Titles included:
A Bug's Life
Alice in Wonderland
Bambi (Double Play)
Beauty & the Beast (Double Play)
Bolt
Cars
Cars 2
Dumbo
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Monsters Inc.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Ratatouille
Tangled
The Incredibles
The Lion King
The Princess & The Frog
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Up
Wall-E

Macam

Banned
Disney's currently running a promotion for a free* select Blu-ray when you redeem two Magic Codes from now until May 31st. The selection isn't the greatest:

Bridge to Terabithia
Tinkerbell
A Bug's Life

but A Bug's Life for $3.95 ain't too shabby.

*You pay $3.95 shipping and handling.

Worth noting they changed the selection; A Bug's Life has been replaced by Dinosaur...

I have yet to see the value of the inane Magic Codes. For as many of these points I've accumulated, the rewards they offer are consistently absolute garbage.

Suairyu

Banned
Worth noting they changed the selection; A Bug's Life has been replaced by Dinosaur...

I have yet to see the value of the inane Magic Codes. For as many of these points I've accumulated, the rewards they offer are consistently absolute garbage.
Free blu rays are garbage?

lol John Lasseter probably saw they were giving it away free and got pissed

johnsmith

remember me
Free blu rays are garbage?

The US selection is terrible and overpriced. The UK collection is amazing though. Way more and newer titles and lower point prices. I'm super jelly.

Still, I've gotten a few cool and unique collectables. Got a classic pooh figure for my sister that she loved.

Seanbob11

The US selection is terrible and overpriced. The UK collection is amazing though. Way more and newer titles and lower point prices. I'm super jelly.

Still, I've gotten a few cool and unique collectables. Got a classic pooh figure for my sister that she loved.

UK doesn't get updated! I don't want the movies, I want unique collectables!!

isny

napkin dispenser
Play.com and TheHut (at least, could be other UK online stores too) are having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Disney Blu-ray sale:

http://www.thehut.com/offers/disney-bogof.list
http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{454971}%2bc{600}%2b

Titles included:
A Bug's Life
Alice in Wonderland
Bambi (Double Play)
Beauty & the Beast (Double Play)
Bolt
Cars
Cars 2
Dumbo
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Monsters Inc.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Ratatouille
Tangled
The Incredibles
The Lion King
The Princess & The Frog
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Up
Wall-E

I took the opportunity to pick up a few classics that I was missing:

The Princess and the Frog
Dumbo 70th Anniversary
Alice in Wonderland 60th Anniversary
Bambi Diamond Edition

Now that they've been posted I'm pretty bummed out to find that 3 of them (all but Bambi) are actually re-packaged single disc versions (so no DVD's) and it appears that out of them there's only a chance that Bambi DE will have a DMR code.

Sucks because if they all came with codes, then I would have enough points saved up to get another free Blu Ray (already got Lion King 3D and Bolt 3D from them so far. Want to go towards Toy Story('s) 3D next).

Also, has anything been said about Meet the Robinsons 3D or Chicken Little 3D being released over here in the UK yet? I haven't seen squat, other than them already being available in the US.

18-Volt

Well, this came out of nowhere. Disney's planning to release bunch of post 2000 Disney Animated films on Blu Ray late 2012. These two are slated for july 2012 release for US. No word for Europe.

Br5SZ.jpg

GJUhs.jpg

They're up for preorder on Amazon. Also coming this year: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Brother Bear, The Tigger Movie, Flubber and Pete's Dragon.

Source

Strange that 101 Dalmatians and Tarzan (which has been released in several European countries recently) are absent in that list. Possibly 2013 releases for them in US, I suppose.

Well, this came out of nowhere. Disney's planning to release bunch of post 2000 Disney Animated films on Blu Ray late 2012. These two are slated for july 2013 release for US. No word for Europe.

Br5SZ.jpg

GJUhs.jpg

They're up for preorder on Amazon. Also coming this year: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Brother Bear, The Tigger Movie, Flubber and Pete's Dragon.

Source

Strange that 101 Dalmatians and Tarzan (which has been released in several European countries recently) are absent in that list. Possibly 2013 releases for them in US, I suppose.

I'm debating whether or not to add these to the OP. I highly doubt any of them will ever be vaulted.

Plus, I really don't like Atlantis, Home on the Range, and Brother Bear.

Totally grabbing Home on the Range. I love the art style and some of the songs, a real throwback to classic Disney even if it wasn't super good. But the yodeling song, holy shit, everything about that part of the movie is amazing.

I wish I wasn't a completionist with my Disney movies. Wasn't SUPER fond of Atlantis, Brother Bear, or Treasure Planet but I'll probably buy them anyway >:\

NineH

I had given up hope on the "lesser" Disney movies to come out on bluray but wow so happy that Treasure Planet is coming out on blu.

Top Bottom