• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Famassu

I took the opportunity to pick up a few classics that I was missing:

The Princess and the Frog
Dumbo 70th Anniversary
Alice in Wonderland 60th Anniversary
Bambi Diamond Edition

Now that they've been posted I'm pretty bummed out to find that 3 of them (all but Bambi) are actually re-packaged single disc versions (so no DVD's) and it appears that out of them there's only a chance that Bambi DE will have a DMR code.

Sucks because if they all came with codes, then I would have enough points saved up to get another free Blu Ray (already got Lion King 3D and Bolt 3D from them so far. Want to go towards Toy Story('s) 3D next).

Also, has anything been said about Meet the Robinsons 3D or Chicken Little 3D being released over here in the UK yet? I haven't seen squat, other than them already being available in the US.
If you want a bunch of codes, I can give you some. I have no use for them as I don't live in UK. PM me if you're interested

isny

napkin dispenser
From the titles listed for release this year from the DVDTalk.com Disney thread, these are the ones I'm planning on picking up. (I stopped buying EVERY Disney BR and only pick up ones I'm nostalgic about or have learned to love, otherwise I'd have no money and have titles sitting around I'd never rewatch)

Sister Act
Adventures in Babysitting
Rescuers/Down Under
Tigger Movie
Pete's Dragon
Santa Clause Trilogy (maybe, would rather buy the first alone on BR)
Babes in Toyland
Dick Tracy
Brave

Here is the thread for reference.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/599893-disney-2012-catalog-titles-releases.html

isny

napkin dispenser
Finally! (Stickers are off now, had to peel em off slowly)

7UKHgl.jpg

Also wanted to mention a few good deals for Canadians. I saw some BR Combo Packs at Wal-Mart stickered at $24. These weren't out with the normal BR's, they were on a (long blue cardboard) display infront of the electronics section with a ton of other BR's. The ones I saw were Lady and the Tramp, The Fox and the Hound, and The Lion King.

Tunic

Picked up The Muppets too, but I just got the 2-Disc Blu Ray set. It did come with a coupon for free microwaveable popcorn! Movie night!

isny

napkin dispenser
The further elaborate on my previous post, about select combo packs being available at Wal-Mart in Canada for $24, here is a a complete list of all the ones showing online as being $24.00.

Dumbo
[URL="http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-fox-and-the-hound-30th-anniversary-2-movie-collection-3-disc-blu-ray-2-standard-dvds/143594?trail=&ancestorID=&searchString=&moduleName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=2004%3ADisney"]The Lion King[/URL]
The Fox and the Hound (and the sequel)
Cars 2
Lady and the Tramp

I think I may actually pick up Fox for that price. Can't beat $12 per blu.

All of these titles are $32.99+ through FS and BB, so you can PM away.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, this came out of nowhere. Disney's planning to release bunch of post 2000 Disney Animated films on Blu Ray late 2012. These two are slated for july 2012 release for US. No word for Europe.

Br5SZ.jpg

GJUhs.jpg

They're up for preorder on Amazon. Also coming this year: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Brother Bear, The Tigger Movie, Flubber and Pete's Dragon.

Source

Strange that 101 Dalmatians and Tarzan (which has been released in several European countries recently) are absent in that list. Possibly 2013 releases for them in US, I suppose.

Nice. I really enjoyed Atlantis and Brother Bear.

SUPREME1

Banned
So, I was bored last Saturday (rainy day) and decided to organize my wife's movie collection which consists of nothing but children's movies.

She had a total of 65 movies, 51 of them being Disney (DVD + Blu-ray). Not all of them were theatrical releases, but the vast majority of them were.

I think she is up to date with the Blu-ray versions of theatrical relases, keeping up thru the Disney movie club membership.

Magnus

Well, this came out of nowhere. Disney's planning to release bunch of post 2000 Disney Animated films on Blu Ray late 2012. These two are slated for july 2012 release for US. No word for Europe.
Br5SZ.jpg
GJUhs.jpg
They're up for preorder on Amazon. Also coming this year: Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Brother Bear, The Tigger Movie, Flubber and Pete's Dragon.SourceStrange that 101 Dalmatians and Tarzan (which has been released in several European countries recently) are absent in that list. Possibly 2013 releases for them in US, I suppose.

Oh wow, wonderful!! Never thought we'd see these so soon.

NOW WURR MAH HERCULES

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Really good news. I actually liked Treasure Planet and Atlantis quite a bit.

I absolutely loved Atlantis and absolutely hated Treasure Planet. Just couldn't get into it for some reason.

johnsmith

remember me
Just got The Muppets for 12.99 + tax from Toys R Us by using the preorder and gift card from last month's Lady & the Tramp deal. I hope they keep having awesome deals for the rest of the year's releases.

Is it true that Disney keep movies in the vault for 10 years? That seems a bit excessive. Disney will probably have their own online store for digital content in 10 years.

isny

napkin dispenser
This is an awesome deal. I just saw it on Tuesday and since I'm building up my daughters Disney collection, ended up buying the following:

Lion King
Lady and the Tramp
Beauty and the Beast
The Fox and the Hound
Dumbo
Tangled

Glad to have helped =)

If anyone's looking for the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 combo I've seen a bunch locally at Toys R Us for $36.99 (in Canada). I'm happy to pick one up for someone if you've been looking for one, the cost would be about $42 with tax and I'm happy to ship it to ya at cost plus shipping, just shoot me a PM.

18-Volt

Is it true that Disney keep movies in the vault for 10 years? That seems a bit excessive. Disney will probably have their own online store for digital content in 10 years.

It's usually 7 years but it doesn't always have to be like that. Some of the films in Diamond/Platinum line had waited in vault for as little as 3 years. Like The Little Mermaid, in 2001 Special Edition DVD released, in 2003 that was vaulted and in 2006 Platinum Edition was released. That one vaulted in 2009 too, now we're waiting for 2013 Diamond Edition Blu ray.

Theonik

These releases are getting so confusing with region exclusives and whatnot.
Need a better way to track them somehow.

Tunic

Nope. Really pissed me off to find out it wasn't.

Yeah I am upset too. They usually include the shorts with the other releases so it doesn't make much sense to me why it was left out. I never saw it in the theater so I don't think I ever will now...

Kazerei

Banned
I bought Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on blu-ray yesterday. Now just waiting for Toy Story 3 to drop to an acceptable price. I haven't watched them in years, and wow, I missed out on so many cute little references.

So does anyone want the DisneyMovieRewards codes? Quote to view.

Edit: taken!

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I bought Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on blu-ray yesterday. Now just waiting for Toy Story 3 to drop to an acceptable price. I haven't watched them in years, and wow, I missed out on so many cute little references.

So does anyone want the DisneyMovieRewards codes? Quote to view.

Got em, thanks ;)

Anyone else have movie rewards codes they aren't using? feel free to PM if you are in the mood to share... trying to get one of the higher tier rewards, and the more the merrier.

I'm a bit pissed that I never got the Wocka Wocka Edition of the Muppets last week. The Toys R Us near me never got stock of it in. I don't think I can cancel it either since I used it with that promo back when Lady and the Tramp came out. Never going to that TRU again.

Also, LOL to see Home on the Range being released on Blu-ray...

...I'll probably buy it anyway. :(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'll buy Atlantis if the price is decent. I liked it well enough in theaters and have been wanting to see it again for a long time, but the DVD always stayed at a really high price.

Buy three combo packs get $20 off. (Until the end of March)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...r2&docId=1000776791&camp=1789&creative=390957

Also, Muppets tomorrow!

Hmm... I don't own Winnie the Pooh, The Princess and the Frog or Cars 2. I've actually only seen TPatF, and have been ashamed to have missed Winnie the Pooh. Cars 2 is more for completion's sake, and since I haven't seen it anyway.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It sucks that the ones I want are the princess tales (don't judge me), and they're out of print, and I can't grab 'em off of iTunes.

Disney really doesn't want my money? Didn't they just lose $200 million on John Carter?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Treasure Planet and Home on the Range preorders for $19.99.
Eh, if there's a coupon for these and can get them for $15 or less i might go for it just for the collection, but I've never seen either and haven't really heard good stuff about them.

Treasure Planet is good, except for the Martin Short character.

isny

napkin dispenser
That's an awesome deal. Too bad Canadians can't really use it... :( Maybe one like it will pop up for us eventually~

I don't know how awesome a deal that is, it depends on how much they end up retailing for and how much the coupon Disney offers is for. At $35 each, even with $4.00 off each, that's still $31, which seems pretty high.

Since the promotion is valid until June 22nd I think ima wait to order until we see a price drop.

JdFoX187

Banned
I went ahead and pre-ordered Treasure Planet. With some extra trade-in value I had on Amazon, came out to around $10. I'm okay with paying that for that film. Any word on the release date for the several other titles that were leaked several months ago?

Just a heads up for those who haven't redeemed that free Blu-ray with two Magic Codes deal.

I just tried it with two Phineas and Ferb CDs I had and they worked! It seems CDs are in fact eligible (they don't say this). Got Bridge to Terabithia (well free is free)

I have Fox & the Hound ready for rewatch this weekend for the first time in a decade and I am crossing my fingers that I won't cry like a baby. A hungry, angry baby. That movie used to kill me.

Also got Winnie the Pooh & Muppets.

All they wanted to do was be friends, but society just wouldnt let them :-(

vazel

Banned
Does anyone know how to disable the discount promos at Disney Movie Club? I want to fulfill my membership commitment but titles that get discounted don't count towards membership commitment. The problem is when you add 2+ titles to the cart the discount promo gets automatically applied. They've been running these discount promos for the past few months. Am I really going to have to buy my commitment titles one at a time and bite the shipping costs.

Top Bottom