• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

watkinzez

Grave of the Fireflies and My Neighbor Totoro should be in a double pack as they were meant to be.

They are! Fucking people up emotionally 24 years later.

51GQhjCz8LL.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
From Stitchkingdom in regards to Cinderella:

Bonus features are set to include as follows:

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

Tangled Ever After animated short
Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fantasyland – Discover how Imagineers are creating a whole new Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
Diane Disney Miller intro
BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES:

All of the DVD bonus features PLUS
Bibbidi-Bobbidi-You! Personalized Digital Storybook (A Disney Second Screen experience) – With the wave of the Fairy Godmother’s wand, you are transported into a full interactive Cinderella storybook experience.
The Magic Of The Glass Slipper: A Cinderella Story
The Real Fairy Godmother – The incredible true story of Mary Alice O’Connor
Alternate Opening Sequence
DisneyView
And classic DVD bonuses

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fantasyland – Discover how Imagineers are creating a whole new Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES:

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-You! Personalized Digital Storybook (A Disney Second Screen experience) – With the wave of the Fairy Godmother’s wand, you are transported into a full interactive Cinderella storybook experience.
DisneyView
And classic DVD bonuses

Read more: ‘Cinderella’ Diamond Edition to Include ‘Tangled Ever After,’ Second Screen and New Fantasyland Preview - StitchKingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

Wait what? Seriously?

Did you not know about the New Fantasyland being constructed out in Florida?

No I didn't. I knew about the new Little Mermaid ride being constructed at Disney California, but had not heard about this expansion in Florida.

oh yeah, it's cray cray. Look it up.

Dueling dumbos, areas for each princess to have her own meet and greet, a Be Our Guest Dinner Theatre show

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...ntasyland-test-track-20120427,0,5983367.story

Thanks for the link. I'll look more into it too.

JdFoX187

Banned
Put in my order. That $8 coupon is always a welcome addition. Now they need to start putting up their other catalog releases for this year. Already have Treasure Planet ordered. Still debating on Home on the Range. I've never seen it, is it any good?

Home on the Range has a very classic visual style and a couple great songs that harken back to Dumbo [visually], but otherwise it's kinda meh. Like it a lot more than Brother Bear though. Really sad hearing about all the story shit it went through, and how everyone working on it had lost all enthusiasm for the project by the time it was actually in production. When it was "Sweatin' Bullets" it sounded so cool. :(

I wish the 3-Disc Platinum Editions weren't so FUCKING UGLY. First Lady and the Tramp, now Cinderella? I guess I'll just have to rip my own digital versions because honestly, it's not worth it to me. It's not even that it would stick out like a sore thumb in my collection, it's that it's just a bad, ugly, bad box art.

Home on the Range has a very classic visual style and a couple great songs that harken back to Dumbo [visually], but otherwise it's kinda meh. Like it a lot more than Brother Bear though. Really sad hearing about all the story shit it went through, and how everyone working on it had lost all enthusiasm for the project by the time it was actually in production. When it was "Sweatin' Bullets" it sounded so cool. :(

I wish the 3-Disc Platinum Editions weren't so FUCKING UGLY. First Lady and the Tramp, now Cinderella? I guess I'll just have to rip my own digital versions because honestly, it's not worth it to me. It's not even that it would stick out like a sore thumb in my collection, it's that it's just a bad, ugly, bad box art.

I hate how they've lost any sense of uniformity among the sets. It's not a huge deal, but I wish they'd stay somewhat consistent with the box designs.

JdFoX187

Banned
Still nothing on the U.S. Amazon. I'm actually looking forward to Tarzan, it's the one Disney renaissance film that I never got to see.

isny

napkin dispenser
WTF, really Disney? Really?

"We have made some changes to Disney Movies Online (DMO) terms of use. As part of these changes, we will no longer be supporting accounts created in Canada, effective June 27, 2012.

We understand that this is an inconvenience, and would like to offer you something special for being such a valued customer. Please select one of the following 'Thank you' gift options, reply to this email, and copy/paste the gift of your choosing into your reply:

- 100 Disney Movie Rewards Points

- Snapfish Coupon good for thirty 4" x 6" prints

Please note that your Disney member name and password can still be used to access other Disney sites.

Thank you for your support of Disney Movies Online – we have enjoyed serving you!

Best regards,
The Disney Movies Online Team"

isny

napkin dispenser
Disney finally realized that Canada doesn't really exist.

Seriously, just like Hulu and all of the other streaming services.

I contacted them to express my disappointment. It's such a slap in the face being offered 100 points when I'm losing almost 20 movies =/

If anyone else wants to contact them to express their opinions on the matter, Disney Movies Online can be contacted at 1-888-268-9100.

Mistle

Sorry if this is tired discussion but any word on when can we expect Finding Nemo on Bluray? I really really want it :/

EDIT: oh, guess i spoke too soon. just remembered the 3d re-release in cinema

Gameboy415

July 3rd, 2012:
- Home on the Range
- Treasure Planet

August 7th, 2012:
- The Aristocats

Fall 2012:
- Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure
- Pete's Dragon
- Pocahontas / Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World two-movie package
- The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under two-movie package
- The Tigger Movie

Beginning in October 2012:
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Brother Bear
- Cinderella
- Hocus Pocus

Disney is getting a lot of my money this year, damn!

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES:

DisneyView
And classic DVD bonuses

Nice! Hopefully it's in HD in the Blu-Ray sets!

B.K.

Sorry if this is tired discussion but any word on when can we expect Finding Nemo on Bluray? I really really want it :/

Digital Bits says that their sources have told them that it will be out in time for the holidays this year. You've got another five or six months to go.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Laputa, Whisper, and Arrietty are all $22.99 at Best Buy and you also get $8 off if you buy two. Each title is $29.95 on Amazon, which also has the $8 off two deal going. Best Buy is by far the better deal, and will likely be the cheapest way to get these for a while.

Laputa, Whisper, and Arrietty are all $22.99 at Best Buy and you also get $8 off if you buy two. Each title is $29.95 on Amazon, which also has the $8 off two deal going. Best Buy is by far the better deal, and will likely be the cheapest way to get these for a while.

Oh dang. But on the other hand, then I have to go to Best Buy. :/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

thanks for the head's up on this, about even with California tax, it's much cheaper than Amazon.

and yeah, you want to pounce on Ghibli shit. It usually goes out of print quickly, and then skyrockets in value. A couple years ago I liquidated my Ghibli USA DVDs knowing I'd want to upgrade anyway and got 50-100 dollars a piece.

What are the US names for them?

Leeness

What are the best prices for ~Canadians~?

Or maybe I should just wait til my mom goes to the states again for groceries and go to Best Buy in Bellingham. But then she will judge me...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh dang. But on the other hand, then I have to go to Best Buy. :/

It's available online too. Free shipping.

A couple years ago I liquidated my Ghibli USA DVDs knowing I'd want to upgrade anyway and got 50-100 dollars a piece.

Wow!

What are the US names for them?

Castle in the Sky, The Secret World of Arrietty, and Whisper of the Heart.

What are the best prices for ~Canadians~?

Or maybe I should just wait til my mom goes to the states again for groceries and go to Best Buy in Bellingham. But then she will judge me...

I'm not very familiar with Canadian pricing, but you can get Arrietty on Amazon.ca for $26.99. The other two are $29. (They cost $34 at Best Buy Canada) Amazon.ca has an $8 off coupon, but it seems like it's only for one item and there's only 1 per customer. You'd probably be better off having your mom buy them in the states.

Leeness

I'm not very familiar with Canadian pricing, but you can get Arrietty on Amazon.ca for $26.99. The other two are $29. (They cost $34 at Best Buy Canada) Amazon.ca has an $8 off coupon, but it seems like it's only for one item and there's only 1 per customer. You'd probably be better off having your mom buy them in the states.

Probably. I'll just go with her and hide half of them and tell her it was ~so cheap~ and then I won't have to deal with her judging me... Haha.

johnsmith

remember me
Target is doing the same deal with the same price, but Arriety has to be one of them. Might want to hold off just in case Disney does coupons.

omgkitty

Amazon usually drops the prices right before Tuesday or possibly even the day of. If they're 22.99 at Best Buy, Amazon will most likely price match them soon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Amazon usually drops the prices right before Tuesday or possibly even the day of. If they're 22.99 at Best Buy, Amazon will most likely price match them soon.

Yeah, but if you buy them on Amazon and you want the $8 off, you have to buy Arrietty as one of the two titles. There's no such rule at Best Buy, as far as I know.

Top Bottom