• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Tunic

Finally!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-muppet-christmas-carol-prep-landing-bluray-november-21519/

Prior to any official announcement, Walt Disney Studios has announced intentions to bring the Muppet holiday classic, Muppet Christmas Carol, to Disney Blu-ray on November 6, 2012 as a 20th anniversary edition featuring all new bonus features.

Finally is right! I am super excited about this one! One of my favorite Christmas movies of all time with Mickey's Christmas Carol. Can't wait!

I hope the Muppet Christmas Carol will put in The Love Is Gone, which was mysteriously cut from the DVD version.

And I'm sure we'd all like to see Jessica Rabbit and her impossibly sexy figure in 1080p.

isny

napkin dispenser
It's hard to tell from just that video but I hope "digitally remastered" doesn't mean DNR'd to hell.

Disney does a good job with their top tier titles. Tron has one of the best restorations I've ever seen, as opposed to some of the newer "remastered" stuff like Sister Act and Father of the Bride that they're releasing on Blu that looks terribad.

isny

napkin dispenser
has anyone made a disney parks thread??

Nope. I use and participate in the discussion on MiceChat though. It's one of the better communities for Disney Theme Park discussion.

If you have any specific questions about a Disney Park though feel free to bug me. I've been to each and every one of em except for Hong Kong!

GManDH

well here is the thing, i wanted to start one. i live close to wdw, orlando, and i love reading about the parks, learning bout the parks, going to the parks, and helping people in the parks. im surprised there isnt a DISNEY PARKS THREAD, unless micechat is that??

Tunic

Got mine too, was slightly better, The Shaggy D.A.! =/

I guess we received the movies nobody ever wanted to use their points for.

I'll have to check out MiceChat, my fiancé and I are going back to WDW for October to celebrate our anniversary there. I actually proposed to her at the wishing well, we are huge Disney fans. Can't wait to go back and it sounds like MiceChat could hold me over for the next 2 months or so.

FOOTE

I guess we received the movies nobody ever wanted to use their points for.

I'll have to check out MiceChat, my fiancé and I are going back to WDW for October to celebrate our anniversary there. I actually proposed to her at the wishing well, we are huge Disney fans. Can't wait to go back and it sounds like MiceChat could hold me over for the next 2 months or so.
You'll have loads of fun. I'm planning on going next June.

Tunic

Got another code here for the DMR members:

M1D1756NJFDK

If you use this code you will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 8/15/2012

Got another code here for the DMR members:

M1D1756NJFDK

If you use this code you will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 8/15/2012

Isn't that right before all the Blu-ray releases in August? :/

Ordered Pocahontas and Tarzan with my reward points today (UK) I didnt even realise they were out along with aristocats, they must have been understated launches for these

FOOTE

Isn't that right before all the Blu-ray releases in August? :/

Yeah, it is. Funny thing is that I believe it might have credited me the 50 points when I entered the code earlier. I had 7XX points, now I'm up to 8XX. Maybe because I recently added points from Treasure Planet? Don't know.

Tunic

Yeah, it is. Funny thing is that I believe it might have credited me the 50 points when I entered the code earlier. I had 7XX points, now I'm up to 8XX. Maybe because I recently added points from Treasure Planet? Don't know.

It credited my account before adding another Bluray code too. I bet the cut off before the major Bluray release on August 21st is intentional unfortunately.

Nemesis_

So, umm, guys.

I think the last Disney Blu-Ray that I bought was either Tangled or Bambi, which ever came latest.

Which Blu-Rays, including shitty side sequels and such, have come out since then? And which are remaining to come out this year?

cheers guys!

I need to catch up ;_; Would those Diamond Editions released since then have the cardboard slips?

So, umm, guys.

I think the last Disney Blu-Ray that I bought was either Tangled or Bambi, which ever came latest.

Which Blu-Rays, including shitty side sequels and such, have come out since then? And which are remaining to come out this year?

cheers guys!

I need to catch up ;_; Would those Diamond Editions released since then have the cardboard slips?

Everything you need to know about past/current/future/vaulted releases is in the OP!

Nemesis_

Thanks, I assumed it wasn't being updated anymore so I just didn't check ;_; apologies.

I just noticed Aladdin is coming. None of you realise how excited I am for that. =P

Desmond

So close to a BluRay I can smell it. Where can I beg for codes? lol

Can't decide between Bug's Life or Monster's Inc. I prefer MI but they're bound to release a boxset with the Prequel when that releases right?

omgkitty

If what he said is true, then Disney has the rights to Only Yesterday and Ocean Waves. The problem is that Disney will likely never release either of them in the US.

Yeah and that pisses me off. Why can't they just take the Japanese transfers, subtitle them and throw them both on one disc and sell it? People will buy them!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If what he said is true, then Disney has the rights to Only Yesterday and Ocean Waves. The problem is that Disney will likely never release either of them in the US.

Ugh, that would be suck for my collection because I want to collect all of their movies for blu ray. I felt same thing for Disney for their short movies too.

Magnus

Bert, while I love and appreciate your enthusiasm for this and for the starting the thread at all, would you able to add in some of the lesser Disney animated films into the OP to make it more robust and complete?

I notice some releases like Treasure Planet aren't in there. Thanks man!

Most recent email from Disney Rewards says double points week 21-27th for the new releases.

So The Rescuers,Pocahontas, Aristocats, Tigger movie, Lady and the tramp 2 and Chimpanzee.

I have never watched Aristocats, so it's not exactly on my must get Disney list, is it worth getting?

Nemesis_

I thought Aristocats was out today, but it's actually the 21st.

It was! I ordered it but it seems it got pushed back or something.

Which is quite depressing. I just bought a shitload as well.

61pRw71drNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
517RyYButRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
513gktYggtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61c3Qwl0AJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61eW57Ng7jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What is the general consensus for these releases?

I just bought them because I felt I was behind. I think the latest one, upon checking my collection, was Alice In Wonderland so hopefully now I own everything that has been released.

I was goijng to get the Lion King boxset, but I hate havine non-separate cases for my blurays, especially my Disney ones.

Does anyone know if these come with the cardboard slipcase, and whether or not I am missing out on anything by not purchasing the Lion King boxset?

Nemesis_

Only the first shipments come with a slipcase, so YMMV.

FFFFUUUUUUU. I shouldn't have waited! Man that's really annoying / disappointing - buying from Amazon, doubtful that this is still first shipment stock.

You're missing out on The Lion King 1 1/2 unless you bought it separately?

I'll pick it up separately at a later date, for sure.

Seanbob11

Does anyone know if the Cinderella special edition with the dresser thing is coming to the UK?

What about the Avengers briefcase? I realise it's not a Disney classic but it's still Disney!

Went to Wal-Mart today and saw a banner for Disney movies coming out August 21st. These include:

The Tigger Movie
The Aristocats
Lady & The Tramp II
The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under
Pocahontas 1+2
Chimpanzee

Top Bottom