• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

johnsmith

remember me
I cancelled my amazon orders for the movies coming out on Tuesday because I didn't want to pay $20, but then they dropped the price and they would have been 14.99, but now I lost the coupons. Damn it.

isny

napkin dispenser
I cancelled my amazon orders for the movies coming out on Tuesday because I didn't want to pay $20, but then they dropped the price and they would have been 14.99, but now I lost the coupons. Damn it.

I'm only getting Tigger and Rescuers...and paying $25 each due to Canada being so much more expensive =(

JdFoX187

Banned

Call Amazon customer support and throw yourself on their mercy. Works more often than not.

johnsmith

remember me
Call Amazon customer support and throw yourself on their mercy. Works more often than not.

Already tried. Didn't work.

I'm just going to wait until they get added as Disney Movie Club enrollment titles, or maybe pick them up used from a gohastings.com sale.

JdFoX187

Banned
Already tried. Didn't work.

I'm just going to wait until they get added as Disney Movie Club enrollment titles, or maybe pick them up used from a gohastings.com sale.

Damn, must be a tough group on tonight. There's a sale going where you get $10 if you order two of the titles. That might be something you can do.

isny

napkin dispenser
I guess I should have specified in from the US, Futureshop is only a Canadian store correct? Is there any store in the US?

No, but there are lots of Canadians like myself around who are happy to help out. Best Buy in the U.S. usually ends up getting the exact same ones though. I don't know about recently however since I stopped buying them when they changed from Steelbook to Ironpak.

omgkitty

I love it when Amazon puts the coupons up and then months later also drops the price of the blu-rays down making them super cheap for people who acted early. What is everyone getting tomorrow? I was going to get Pocahontas, The Rescuer's and The Aristocat's, but I realized that not only is Pocahontas not very good, but that I'd probably never watch it so I cancelled my preorder for it.

Seanbob11

I love it when Amazon puts the coupons up and then months later also drops the price of the blu-rays down making them super cheap for people who acted early. What is everyone getting tomorrow? I was going to get Pocahontas, The Rescuer's and The Aristocat's, but I realized that not only is Pocahontas not very good, but that I'd probably never watch it so I cancelled my preorder for it.

What? It's no Lion King but it's still pretty damn good!

LosDaddie

Banned
Finally watched Sleeping Beauty on blu-ray with the family on Saturday, and HOLY SHIT. Disney did a great job on the HD remaster. WOW!

Somehow it's the only classic Disney movie my wife hadn't watched until now. She and my daughter loved it. I'm going to buy it soon.

Tunic

I'll be picking up The Rescuers, The Aristocats, and Pocahontas. I'll get The Great Mouse Detective at another time.

So was there a coupon I missed? The only deal I'm seeing is the $10 off Amazon when ordering two movies.

(I am a bad thread creator. Bad, bad, bad.)

Just bought The Rescuers/Down Under and The Aristocats for $36. Not bad at all.

I'll get Pocahontas next month when The Great Mouse Detective comes out, since the Amazon deal is good until September 30.

Is Disney emailing out $8-off coupons for any of these movies or have they given up on that? Or do they only do that for the SPECIAL releases like the Diamond ones?

XShagrath

Is Disney emailing out $8-off coupons for any of these movies or have they given up on that? Or do they only do that for the SPECIAL releases like the Diamond ones?
I think they're only doing that for the "big" releases now (if even that). The last set of releases (the Ghibli titles) had a sticker on the front for "$10 off 2", but that was it as far as I'm aware.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm like way out of this so can anyone give me a list of the movies that disney has released this year? gotta add more to my collection.

I'm assuming lady and the tramp 2 and pocahontas is terrible right? I got aristocats and rescuers.

Edit: Amazon deal is crappier, they raised rescuers to $27 for some reason.

miller_time22

Neo Member
I thought I had read somewhere that Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh had been noted as a spring 2013 release in one of the new flyers, but maybe someone can verify.

omgkitty

I'm assuming lady and the tramp 2 and pocahontas is terrible right? I got aristocats and rescuers.

Edit: Amazon deal is crappier, they raised rescuers to $27 for some reason.

Lady and the Tramp 2 is definitely a no go at all. I skipped on Pocahontas even though I could have gotten it for around $14. That's more my thoughts on the movie though, but I haven't seen it in over 10 years.

Lady and the Tramp 2 is definitely a no go at all. I skipped on Pocahontas even though I could have gotten it for around $14. That's more my thoughts on the movie though, but I haven't seen it in over 10 years.

Ya, I don't have a second movie to get with pocahontas if lady and tramp sucks like I figured. I prefer the other two a lot more. Is the tigger movie any good or is that awful also?

Tunic

Ya, I don't have a second movie to get with pocahontas if lady and tramp sucks like I figured. I prefer the other two a lot more. Is the tigger movie any good or is that awful also?

The Tigger Movie is ok it is pretty decent but a lot of the bonus features that were released with the DVD release are gone in this new one. Including the 2 episodes from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Top Bottom