• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

The Tigger Movie is ok it is pretty decent but a lot of the bonus features that were released with the DVD release are gone in this new one. Including the 2 episodes from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Hmm, maybe I'll hold off for now then. $40 for two ok movies doesn't seem worth it.

The Great Mouse Detective comes out in a few weeks, so you could just wait and do it then.

Unless they don't update the list. It's only select titles but I didn't notice it last past this week until you mentioned that movie so I'll see what happens. I sent the price thing about bestbuy so hopefully they price match rescuers again, not sure why they changed it.

I thought I had read somewhere that Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh had been noted as a spring 2013 release in one of the new flyers, but maybe someone can verify.
it true
ALUP4.jpg
( my scan)

I thought I'd pick up Pocahontas. I've never seen the sequel, and I got it for under 20 bucks on half.com which is nice. And I preordered Rescuers long ago, so I should be getting that soon. I'm only worried I won't get Pocahontas in time for the Double Points at DMR.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it weird that I never knew that Winnie the Pooh was a movie?

That makes two of us. And I watched it growing up. My mind is blown.

Yeah, they did released the movie first, however they make the tv shows later on, when we were young. I assumed that yall are thinking of tv shows.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Adventures_of_Winnie_the_Pooh

Edited 2: Just watching The Rescuers, and the movie felt little off and weird. I wonder if people experienced the same.

First 15 minutes of the movie, I felt that outline of mouses in the room was just popped out, and I felt like it were cut and pasted. Also I noticed few blurry mouses in the background too.

Edited: Paraphrase

Tunic

Picked up these at Best Buy today:

jLdEf.jpg

Happy to see that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be coming out next Spring. I like the little surprises we get in these releases. Happy to see Disney is finally doing more Bluray releases of the classics.

Best Buy in Burbank was completely blown out of the Rescuers, so I got Aristocats and the very last Pocahontas Blu-Ray. Drove over to Glendale and they had only a few of the Rescuers left, so I picked that one up at "full" price. I liked the Tigger Movie, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy it. I'd need to rewatch it before committing, but hopefully they'll drop the price of it when Many Adventures comes out next spring.

But seeing every store in LA come up as "UNAVAILABLE" for the Rescuers, and seeing its price jump on Amazon, clearly shows which of these three releases was the most sought-after.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Best Buy in Burbank was completely blown out of the Rescuers, so I got Aristocats and the very last Pocahontas Blu-Ray. Drove over to Glendale and they had only a few of the Rescuers left, so I picked that one up at "full" price. I liked the Tigger Movie, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy it. I'd need to rewatch it before committing, but hopefully they'll drop the price of it when Many Adventures comes out next spring.

But seeing every store in LA come up as "UNAVAILABLE" for the Rescuers, and seeing its price jump on Amazon, clearly shows which of these three releases was the most sought-after.

Glad I preordered Rescuers and Aristocats a good while ago when Amazon had the coupons goin.

Ok the DVDs for Pocahontas and Pocahontas II are literally stacked on top of each other on the same peg. This is the cheapest thing I've ever seen short of just putting the 3rd disc in a paper sleeve. God damn.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Ok the DVDs for Pocahontas and Pocahontas II are literally stacked on top of each other on the same peg. This is the cheapest thing I've ever seen short of just putting the 3rd disc in a paper sleeve. God damn.

It's a sign, you need to throw Pocahontas 2 away.

I'm disappointed by the Rescuers release. It's a 3 disc release, and out of those 3 discs only one is a BD. They cram both movies on one BD and then give us the DVD versions separately. Talk about being cheap. Author individual BD's for each movie and Author a new version of the DVDs with both movies on one. I'd rather sacrifice the bit rate on the DVD versions than on the BD ones.

I'm disappointed by the Rescuers release. It's a 3 disc release, and out of those 3 discs only one is a BD. They cram both movies on one BD and then give us the DVD versions separately. Talk about being cheap. Author individual BD's for each movie and Author a new version of the DVDs with both movies on one. I'd rather sacrifice the bit rate on the DVD versions than on the BD ones.

That sucks.

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 got separate BDs in their set. I was hoping this one would be the same.

H3xum

Seeing this thread bumped always reminds me to decline my movie club offer.

Anyone - how to cancel once you've hit your contract?

Theonik

I was worried they'd do that. Seems to also be the case with the Pokahontas release. But on the upside, they may have not downgraded bitrate significantly to accomplish this, depending on extras and trailers. Typically, Disney BD's are about 20GB for the main feature, if they are using a dual layer disk and went very light on additional voicetracks and extras they may have fit them both in 1 disk. Certainly not optimal though.

omgkitty

That's weird. I think I just realized that I only have 1 DVD in my copy...is this one of those releases where they have the extra plastic insert to hold a separate DVD? I'm pretty sure mine only had one disc on each side :(

Theonik

That's weird. I think I just realized that I only have 1 DVD in my copy...is this one of those releases where they have the extra plastic insert to hold a separate DVD? I'm pretty sure mine only had one disc on each side :(
I don't have the release but from reading above it would seem the BD is on a slide while the DVDs are both caked on top of one another on the main case.

Tunic

I have 2 more magic codes for those Disney Movie Rewards members out there:

PERCY - 10 points

M1D17NVK4JDS - 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Expires 9/1/12

iItX0.jpg

Finally got the 3D version of Nightmare Before Christmas. I've had the regular Blu-ray since it's release. Watched The Aristocats last night, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Gonna try watching The Rescuers tonight.

Ive never scene pocahontas 2.

So like.. does poca like cheat on jon or something? poor sailor not enough for her?

yea something like
that she breaks up with him at the end for some the other guy at the end
skip it .

Now the rescuers, havnt seen that forever.

FOOTE

Bought Pocahontas, Aristocats, Rescuers and Tigger *meh*. Thought about holding off but I couldn't do it. Also, great news about Winnie the Pooh.

So what, if anything, has anyone gotten off DMR? I've amassed nearly 3,000 points and haven't redeemed any of them yet.

Most of the stuff seems like crap. I'm tempted to just get $10 Starbucks gift cards for 1,000 points each.

johnsmith

remember me
So what, if anything, has anyone gotten off DMR? I've amassed nearly 3,000 points and haven't redeemed any of them yet.

Most of the stuff seems like crap. I'm tempted to just get $10 Starbucks gift cards for 1,000 points each.

I got the Chronicles of Narnia on blu-ray and a Winnie the Pooh figurine for my sister, which she really liked.
Winnie-the-Pooh-Classics-Pooh-with-Butterfly.jpg

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you

I've gotten DuckTales: The Movie on DVD (the reason why I signed up for DMR in the first place), Sky High on Blu-ray, a Ponyo movie poster (currently hanging up in my kid's room), a Secret World of Arrietty mini-movie poster, and a Baby Einstein activity center (also for my kid).

I also ordered a Tron Legecy movie poster, but when it arrived, it looked like a car ran over the poster tube. The poster was bent to hell, and they were sold out, so no replacement was available. They refunded my points, but I wanted that poster.

I'm hoping for some cool Wreck-It Ralph stuff to show up on the site this fall.

FOOTE

Just some DVDs that I gift to my nephew. I've never redeemed anything on there for myself.

I got the DuckTales movie and a sick as fuck Oswald D23 pin.

It KILLS me that there isn't more Oswald merch. Come on Disney.

Traded my points in for the following Blu Rays

Bolt 3D
The Lion King 3D
Toy Story 3D
Toy Story 3 3D

I have 800points left, which is enough for another Blu Ray, but I dunno what to pick out of the following:

The Lion King 3 Hakuna Matata
Tarzan
The Fox and The Hound
Pocahontas

Another 200 points would allow me to get Cars 2 3D. That's the only 3D title on the site that I haven't got but would own (not interested in Burtons Alice in Wonderland or A Christmas Carol).

I'll probably just save 'em up.

Traded my points in for the following Blu Rays

Bolt 3D
The Lion King 3D
Toy Story 3D
Toy Story 3 3D

I have 800points left, which is enough for another Blu Ray, but I dunno what to pick out of the following:

The Lion King 3 Hakuna Matata
Tarzan
The Fox and The Hound
Pocahontas

Another 200 points would allow me to get Cars 2 3D. That's the only 3D title on the site that I haven't got but would own (not interested in Burtons Alice in Wonderland or A Christmas Carol).

I'll probably just save 'em up.

Are you in another country or something? The U.S. selection doesn't have anything that good. It's mainly shitty DVDs like The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes and Air Buddies. Very few Blu-rays, and not much quality at all.

I got a Winnie the Pooh movie poster and a 2-pack of DVDs, Donald in Mathmagicland and Duck Tales the Movie.

I got about 5000 points right now, and nothing really interests me.

Actually, I noticed that both Fantasia Blu's are in there, and I currently have neither.

I need more Fantasia in my empty life... may plump for that.

omgkitty

I was looking through a list of all of Disney's releases and realized that 2013 is the 50th anniversary of The Sword in the Stone. Here's to hoping for a blu-ray release next year!

Just some of the exclusive DVDs. I just redeemed the Zorro Season 2 set. I did watch the series when I was younger and the Season 1 set, which use to be a reward, goes for a CRAZY price on Ebay.

Top Bottom