• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

johnsmith

remember me
Man, I love gohastings.com. Their retail stores are overpriced garbage, but their online deals are so good. Just ordered these, and they haven't even been out a week! Here's hoping they have unused DMR codes. Even after shipping and tax they came out cheaper than the 14.99 Amazon deal. Too bad The Rescuers wasn't in stock.

Pocahontas/Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World Used - Blu-ray
Discount: 1 for $11.40 each

The Aristocats Used - Blu-ray
Discount: 1 for $12.00 each

Nemesis_

Lady and the Tramp
Lion King 3D
Fox and the Hound Double Pack

All arrived from Amazon today - my first wave of Disney bluray splurge =P

THANKFULLY, and AMAZINGLY, they all came with their slip covers - so happy

Christopher

Lady and the Tramp
Lion King 3D
Fox and the Hound Double Pack

All arrived from Amazon today - my first wave of Disney bluray splurge =P

THANKFULLY, and AMAZINGLY, they all came with their slip covers - so happy

Nem buy on the FIRST WEEK you get the best prices and slips.

Nemesis_

Nem buy on the FIRST WEEK you get the best prices and slips.

Usually I do, but I managed to let them slip away as my life got busier and busier.

Won't be making the mistake again either way.

Bless the US for being so much cheaper than buying locally ;_;

We don't even get slips here lol

Christopher

Disney's release calander for the rest of the year
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • Brother Bear
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Cinderella
  • Up 3D
  • Brave 3D
  • Finding Nemo 3D

616YZmCFKjL._AA115_.jpg
51UNMtSt%2BVL._AA115_.jpg
51CC8wUHDAL._AA115_.jpg
51v%2BrWFz-9L._AA115_.jpg
51tACsiFEUL._AA115_.jpg

Christopher

Sleeping Beauty is the best one of the lot, it's like watching paintings for 90 minutes. The story can be slow, but as a Blu-ray showpiece it is bar none. Superwide image too, really never before seen, unless you were around to see it in theaters.

I still think of that as almost blu ray reference quality of animation. The sound, animation is all flawless.

They've gotten really lazy with their releases...they use to fee like an event almost, but now it's like every other week theres a release without the quality that SB had.

codhand

I still think of that as almost blu ray reference quality of animation. The sound, animation is all flawless.

They've gotten really lazy with their releases...they use to fee like an event almost, but now it's like every other week theres a release without the quality that SB had.

I own all the classic Disney BDs

and Sleeping Beauty might be my favorite in my entire animated/non-animated collection, it's that good. Sorry not a stealth brag, just Love that release :)

Magnus

How did the Pocahontas BR end up being, quality-wise?

It's one of my favorites, and all I have is a a ratty old used rental copy I bought during Blockbuster's clearout sale last year for $7.

Tunic

How did the Pocahontas BR end up being, quality-wise?

It's one of my favorites, and all I have is a a ratty old used rental copy I bought during Blockbuster's clearout sale last year for $7.

I think the quality is great. I didn't watch Pocahontas II (not sure if I will or not yet) but the first movie looks great. Here is a link for some high res pictures of the transfer: Pocahontas Screenshots

Magnus

Any coupons or good deals for Pocahontas? (Canada or US). $35 CDN's just too much.

How was someone able to get it for just $14? ;(

FOOTE

Any coupons or good deals for Pocahontas? (Canada or US). $35 CDN's just too much.
You have to pre-order these things early. Usually there is a coupon on Amazon US. Then by the time it's released, the price will drop to ~$22 US. So you really should never have to pay more than $20 US for most of the Disney releases. But you have to anticipate them and order them early.

Good luck. I'm not sure what's out there now.

Edit- it's stll $22 US on amazon US. If you want it, I would buy it now. It will probably be in the $28 range after a week or so, and it could possibly stay there for a good while.

Dead

well not really...yet
  • Brother Bear
  • Cinderella
  • Up 3D
  • Brave 3D
  • Finding Nemo 3D

616YZmCFKjL._AA115_.jpg
51CC8wUHDAL._AA115_.jpg
51tACsiFEUL._AA115_.jpg
Oooh, I was wondering when Brother Bear would be released on blu-ray. Hopefully L&S is next year

Christopher

Disney's 2012 release titles:
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • The Lion King 1/2
  • The Liong King 2: Simba's Pride
  • Lady and the Tramp II: Scamps Adventure
  • The Aristocats
  • Pocohantas
  • Home on the Range
  • A Tigger Movie
  • Treasure Planet
  • The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under

51v0b8HYWNL._AA115_.jpg
61WRPlx-CYL._AA115_.jpg
51J47XwoLZL._AA115_.jpg
51rmt4%2BbWaL._AA115_.jpg
61kzrhJAuKL._AA115_.jpg
61eW57Ng7jL._AA115_.jpg
61%2BLB0nlFUL._AA115_.jpg
515OXsZsGJL._AA115_.jpg
61c3Qwl0AJL._AA115_.jpg
61xd%2BG7oZ1L._AA115_.jpg

• Brother Bear
  • Cinderella
  • Up 3D
  • Brave 3D
  • Finding Nemo 3D

616YZmCFKjL._AA115_.jpg
51CC8wUHDAL._AA115_.jpg
51tACsiFEUL._AA115_.jpg

Magnus

You have to pre-order these things early. Usually there is a coupon on Amazon US. Then by the time it's released, the price will drop to ~$22 US. So you really should never have to pay more than $20 US for most of the Disney releases. But you have to anticipate them and order them early.

Good luck. I'm not sure what's out there now.

Edit- it's stll $22 US on amazon US. If you want it, I would buy it now. It will probably be in the $28 range after a week or so, and it could possibly stay there for a good while.

Ah. Well, in the past, the $8-10 coupons were available via DMR free from any preordering, which is why I asked. Anyway, I have a ton of credit to burn at brick 'n mortar stores and don't want to turn to Amazon just yet. Thanks for the heads up.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I've bought everything except the shit straight to DVD sequels... and even those I'm considering because my someday kids someday might maybe like them

FOOTE

Ah. Well, in the past, the $8-10 coupons were available via DMR free from any preordering, which is why I asked. Anyway, I have a ton of credit to burn at brick 'n mortar stores and don't want to turn to Amazon just yet. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem. I didn't mean any negativity or anything either(sometimes it's hard to detect over the internet, so I wanted to be clear.) It just seems that that's the way it goes with the Disney titles.

Tunic

Just picked up Ratatouille at Best Buy today for $19.99 on Blu-ray. It also came with a redemption for up to $12 for a ticket to see Finding Nemo 3D.

Decado

Kills me. Animated movies are arguably among the best looking blu-ray discs, yet there are so many that haven't been released yet. Disney is slow, but other studios are just as bad.

Christopher

Wanna see finding Nemo in 3D for free? Purchase one of the follow titles good for a 12 dollar movie cash to the film.

• Toy Story 3D
  • Toy Story 2 3D
  • Toy Story 3 3D
  • Wall-E
  • A Bugs Life
  • The Incredibles
  • Ratatoullie

Good to know that Peter Pan is on the horizon. It hasn't been announced in the U.S. yet, but since it's coming to Europe, it's definitely in the pipeline.

EDIT: According to the Disney Wiki, Peter Pan is the big 2013 fall release, not The Little Mermaid. (They have TLM listed as Spring 2014.) I don't know what they're basing it on, though, so I'll refrain from adding either of them to the OP.

Christopher

Good to know that Peter Pan is on the horizon. It hasn't been announced in the U.S. yet, but since it's coming to Europe, it's definitely in the pipeline.

EDIT: According to the Disney Wiki, Peter Pan is the big 2013 fall release, not The Little Mermaid. (They have TLM listed as Spring 2014.) I don't know what they're basing it on, though, so I'll refrain from adding either of them to the OP.

I doubt it. They always release the "big" title in the fall, and I don't think that Peter Pan still has the legs these days as The Little Mermaid would. Plus following up from a big 3D reelease in the movies...it just makes sense.

I see Peter Pan falling to a "side release" like many of the others have.

Sleeping Beauty is the best one of the lot, it's like watching paintings for 90 minutes. The story can be slow, but as a Blu-ray showpiece it is bar none. Superwide image too, really never before seen, unless you were around to see it in theaters.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sleeping-Beauty-Blu-ray/555/#Screenshots

Worth it.

It's seriously amazing. Like, totally demo material. The detail in the movie (dem trees!) is absolutely mindblowing.

Sounds great in surround sound too.

JdFoX187

Banned

The Jungle Book Spring 2015? Say it ain't so :(

Sora_N

Wanna see finding Nemo in 3D for free? Purchase one of the follow titles good for a 12 dollar movie cash to the film.

• Toy Story 3D
  • Toy Story 2 3D
  • Toy Story 3 3D
  • Wall-E
  • A Bugs Life
  • The Incredibles
  • Ratatoullie

I already have everything except Rat and Bugs, I'll see if there's a sale on em.

Top Bottom