• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

So the Disney Rewards scheme thing is crazy good. I'm used to Club Nintendo where you enter codes from like 30 games and get a pencil sharpener in return. I could get a Fantasia Blu-Ray! I don't have a Blu-Ray player, but I freaking love Fantasia... decisions.

18-Volt

Good to know that Peter Pan is on the horizon. It hasn't been announced in the U.S. yet, but since it's coming to Europe, it's definitely in the pipeline.

EDIT: According to the Disney Wiki, Peter Pan is the big 2013 fall release, not The Little Mermaid. (They have TLM listed as Spring 2014.) I don't know what they're basing it on, though, so I'll refrain from adding either of them to the OP.

Peter_Pan_Blu_ray_France.png

Wrong. Peter Pan is dropped out of Diamond line and already slated for fall 2012 release for France and most of Europe (probably UK too). It seems Diamond releases for 2013 will be Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.

Note: French Peter Pan blu-ray cover is exact same as French DVD release.

I wonder if they'll do something like Lion King and have a Special Edition collection of all three films. I'd be so there if they did.

Hope so. As much as I like The Lion King I loooove Aladdin. Plus, I do enjoy the other two movies. I would probably die if they included the show.

SUPREME1

Banned
So my wife received this offer from the Disney Movie Club:

Your highest-priced selection counts as your regular price movie (Blu-ray or DVD must be $29.95 or more). All additional titles of equal or lesser value will have the 60% discount applied. Discounted titles are limited to 3 units per title. Multipacks, Merchandise and Club Deals are not eligible for discounts. These offers cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Offer ends September 17, 2012.

We thought it was an amazing deal. Howeverm, it's just not the best time to spend a bunch of money on movies, which is fine because her (our) collection is pretty robust and there isn't much we're missing. She ended up ordering the following Blu-rays:

Full price:
Cinderella

60% off:
John Carter
The Rescuers
The Rescuers Down Under
Toy Story 3

: )

Wanna see finding Nemo in 3D for free? Purchase one of the follow titles good for a 12 dollar movie cash to the film.

• Toy Story 3D
  • Toy Story 2 3D
  • Toy Story 3 3D
  • Wall-E
  • A Bugs Life
  • The Incredibles
  • Ratatoullie

Do you guys think they will ever re-release A Bug's Life again in 3D or the other current 2D titles? I'd buy them again as I don't plan on opening my Steelbook releases but not if they are going to make me double-dip again later.

Gameboy415

Disney's release calander for the rest of the year
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • Brother Bear
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Cinderella
  • Up 3D
  • Brave 3D
  • Finding Nemo 3D

616YZmCFKjL._AA115_.jpg
51UNMtSt%2BVL._AA115_.jpg
51CC8wUHDAL._AA115_.jpg
51v%2BrWFz-9L._AA115_.jpg
51tACsiFEUL._AA115_.jpg

It's not completely animated, but Pete's Dragon is also scheduled to come out on October 2nd.

When are Brother Bear and Atlantis supposed to come out??
I hadn't heard about those 2 coming this fall.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's not completely animated, but Pete's Dragon is also scheduled to come out on October 2nd.

When are Brother Bear and Atlantis supposed to come out??
I hadn't heard about those 2 coming this fall.

it was rumored for US, but it haven't confirmed yet, so if they planning to release it end of this year. It have to be for Dec.

Nemesis_

Slipcases are treated by Disney as a bonus for early shipments only.

Oh, yeah, I understand. It's just that I ordered Lion King 1 this month, as well as Fox and hte Hound and they both came with slipcases.

Guess I got unlucky with Lion King 2 (´ー`)┌

MrMan2k3

I just received a copy of Lion King 2 in the mail.

Hey Nemesis, do you have access to a scanner, and if so would you mind sending me a scan of the cover insert to Lion King 2? I bought the trilogy set and the storage case is horrible so I'd like to put all the discs in separate cases, but I'd like the correct cover art.

Nemesis_

Nem call disney they will give you a slip for 3.00 if you want it.

America only? :(

Do it for me?

I'll pay xoxoox

It's so annoying because it's the only slip I am missing in my collection.

Hey Nemesis, do you have access to a scanner, and if so would you mind sending me a scan of the cover insert to Lion King 2? I bought the trilogy set and the storage case is horrible so I'd like to put all the discs in separate cases, but I'd like the correct cover art.

I have access to a scanner but not at the moment, I'll try to get on to it as soon as I can. The inside of the case is blank white though - or do you want the actula front cover art too?

FOOTE

Really? This is news to me. No one has ever mentioned that here or on DVD Talk.

Seriously. I have a few in my collection that are naked. The one that drive me mad is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I had a slip but Walmart taped it to the plastic case underneath. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly how it was taped but I tried to remove the slip without severely damaging it, but I couldn't. I had to throw the case away by the time I was finished.

I'd really like to get that case at the very least. I doubt they still have old cases like that though. That would be too good to be true.

Pachinko

Alladin ? It's about fuggin time. I've been waiting since bluray was announced as a format for that film to come out. Nostalgia will get the best of me there too because if they do a trilogy pack I will buy them all. Hell, release the TV series while their at it.

JdFoX187

Banned
Alladin ? It's about fuggin time. I've been waiting since bluray was announced as a format for that film to come out. Nostalgia will get the best of me there too because if they do a trilogy pack I will buy them all. Hell, release the TV series while their at it.

They'll no doubt do the trilogy since they've done so with Lion King and the upcoming Cinderella. They'll never release the television show. It's not even on DVD. The same with Timoon and Pumba.

Nemesis_

I am definitely here for an Aladdin trilogy if that happens.

Though I would prefer to own them individually with slipcases instead.

I hear the Lion King trilogy was a bit shit in that regard.

Christopher

I'm here for Peter Pan, Mulan, Aladdin, Jungle Book, Dalmations, Mermaid, Hercules and Hunchback. After that, my Disney Blu Ray Collection is complete I don't need the offshoot titles like Oliver and Company ect.

Gameboy415

I'm here for Peter Pan, Mulan, Aladdin, Jungle Book, Dalmations, Mermaid, Hercules and Hunchback. After that, my Disney Blu Ray Collection is complete I don't need the offshoot titles like Oliver and Company ect.

Villain!
Oliver and Company is one of my top 3 favorites! haha :)
Once I have Oliver & Company and A Goofy Movie on Blu-Ray, I'll be satisfied.

Someone sell me on Lady & The Tramp. I don't think I'm enough of a dog lover to tolerate even the most beautifully animated of cobbled-together racial and social stereotypes from the 50s. Is there more to this film than what I'm getting from the trailers?

Top Bottom