• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Nemesis_

YES!

Lady and the Tramp 2 as well as Beauty and the Beast 3D both came with slip cases.

So thankful. Though I won't "risk it" and wait again.

Uk:

Disney BOGOF offer is back on again...

http://www.play.com/promotion.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{649604}%2b

Here's the list from Play.com

The Aristocats (Blu-ray)
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
The Incredibles (Blu-ray)
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
Tangled (Blu-ray)
Lady & The Tramp (Blu-ray)
The Muppets (Blu-ray)
A Bug's Life (Blu-ray)
Cars (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Wall-E (2 Discs) (Blu-ray)
Up (Blu-ray)
101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's London Adventure (Blu-ray)
Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)
The Princess And The Frog (Blu-ray)
Cars 2 (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Alice In Wonderland: 60th Anniversary Version (Blu-ray)
The Fox And The Hound (Blu-ray)
Ratatouille (Blu-ray)
Fantasia (1 Disc) (Blu-ray)
Dumbo: Special Edition (Blu-ray)
Pocahontas (Blu-ray)
Toy Story (Blu-ray)
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride (Blu-ray)
The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata (Blu-ray)
Toy Story 3 (2 Discs) (Blu-ray)
Lady And The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure (Blu-ray)

isny

napkin dispenser
Uk:

http://www.play.com/promotion.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{649604}%2b

The Aristocats (Blu-ray)
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
Tangled (Blu-ray)
The Muppets (Blu-ray)
A Bug's Life (Blu-ray)
Cars (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Up (Blu-ray)
Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)
Cars 2 (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Ratatouille (Blu-ray)
Pocahontas (Blu-ray)
Toy Story (Blu-ray)

Amazon as well. Two for £16.49

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature...._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=327507167&pf_rd_i=293962011

Suairyu

Banned
Uk:

The Aristocats (Blu-ray)
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
Tangled (Blu-ray)
The Muppets (Blu-ray)
A Bug's Life (Blu-ray)
Cars (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Up (Blu-ray)
Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)
Cars 2 (Pixar) (Blu-ray)
Ratatouille (Blu-ray)
Pocahontas (Blu-ray)
Toy Story (Blu-ray)
FUCK

My wallet...

At least I can ignore Pixar films for now as they don't go out of print.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Peter Pan can eat a bag of dicks.

Only ones I care about at this point are Aladdin, Mulan, Hercules and Goofy Movie(HAHAAHAHAHAHA, that'll happen)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They will probably unceremoniously drop a
Goofy Movie 2-pack at best, at some point next year.
I don't even know if they'll do that. The US version of Goofy Movie gold edition is 4:3 for god's sake. It's not even wide screen despite the fact that the EU version is, and I first saw that movie in a theater.

oh yeah and Robin Hood. I want that one too. If they did Disney shorts collections in blu-ray, I'd be so down for that. Godddd, Clock Cleaners in HD

Christopher

Care enough to post source please?

ppan.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Bleah. I don't dislike Peter Pan, but it is certainly no Aladdin.

Aladdin is up there as one of the greatest movies of all time. It just gets so many things right.

I sold my Peter Pan two disc DVD last year however hoping for this, so either or works in my book as I know Aladdin will eventually arrive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0095EHHBW/

Amazon.co.uk has Pan available for preorder for about $20 shipped. Seems like a good deal if you're going to be buying some of the other discs they have on sale anyways.

I think ima "pounce" on 101 Dalmations and Pinocchio (since I sold my copy awhile ago), and also add Pan to that order, and if Amazon.com does it's big Disney coupon thing like it usually does I'll drop Pan from the UK order.

Aladdin is up there as one of the greatest movies of all time. It just gets so many things right.

It's one of the 3 disney classics I got to watch in theaters growing up (I was a cynical teen by the time Lion King came out so I skipped it) but upon reflection it doesn't even crack my top 5 Disney films. I would still rather have it than Peter Pan, but only just barely. Captain Hook is so amazing as a Disney Villain I can't resist it.

Menaged

Uk:

The Aristocats (Blu-ray)
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
The Muppets (Blu-ray)
A Bug's Life (Blu-ray)
Pocahontas (Blu-ray)

These are the titles I don't own \ care about.
I think I'm goona get Lady & The Tramp, but not sure about the second one.
What do you guys suggest? (Assuming all are region free, since I have an NTSC PS3)

FOOTE

These are the titles I don't own care about.
What do you guys suggest? (Assuming all are region free, since I have an NTSC PS3)
Pretty sure they are NOT region free.

Edit-Well shit. Looks like things have changed with some of the Disney titles.

NekoFever

Uk:

I don't think it's actually a BOGOF deal on Play because I ordered three and got the reduced price on all of them. Might be handy if you don't want an even number.

Cinderella's now the only non-DTV animated Disney movie I don't own on Blu-ray. Hopefully that will turn up on DMR before too long because I should have enough to get it now.

Famassu

These are the titles I don't own \ care about.
Heh, I ordered those Blu-rays, except A Bug's Life, since I have that already.

Wait, they just shoved out Aladdin after advertising it?

Duuuude. :/

It's obviously ready considering they had trailers for it, hopefully they'll just release it anyway without the diamond label.

So who wants to bet the Aladdin delay was a bizarre knee-jerk reaction to the recent Arab world protests?

Because it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

JdFoX187

Banned
Wonder if Aladdin will still come around that time, only without a Diamond release. That happened last year with Alice in Wonderland coming out in February and Bambi coming out later as a Diamond.

SpecX

Anyone know if Amazon is charging taxes on pre-orders before they implemented that for California? I have Cinderella reserved for the longest and ready to deliver for my daughter on Tuesday.

When is Aladdin coming out on Bluray?

And what is everyone's thoughts on all the post-Lion King animated flicks that weren't Pixar produced? Was Pocahontas, Hunchback and Hercules as bad as alot of people say?

People considered Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King as classics while they were still in the theaters. And yet you hear nothing of the same sentiment being lent to all the films after Lion King.

I recall that Fantasia was never the commercial success that Disney had hoped it would be, but has experienced something of a critical renaissance in the decades since its release. Which of the films do you see time giving a reprieve to in the decades to come? I honestly can't see Hercules as being a serious candidate, or The Emperor's New Clothes, or Cowgirls. But do you suppose Hunchback or Tarzan, or Frog Princess has a chance, or do anyone see them lingering in Rescuers' territory for all eternity?

Christopher

Hercules feels like Aladdin with Greek people why can't that be a classi. The songs are memorable the cast is charming and the story simple

What are the odds that Amazon will drop the price of Cinderella before it ships? Because I have it preordered on Amazon for $25 but Best Buy has it for $23. I mean I guess with tax from BB it shakes out to about $25 but still.

Also, when does Amazon put up their $8-off "tickets"? I've missed them like, every single time.

Edit: God damn it. I just realized that Amazon charges tax now. There goes the only reason I buy mostly from there over Best Buy. >:T

Edit 2: I am legit confused because half of my preorders has sales tax added and the other half don't. WTF?

FOOTE

What are the odds that Amazon will drop the price of Cinderella before it ships? Because I have it preordered on Amazon for $25 but Best Buy has it for $23. I mean I guess with tax from BB it shakes out to about $25 but still.

Also, when does Amazon put up their $8-off "tickets"? I've missed them like, every single time.

Edit: God damn it. I just realized that Amazon charges tax now. There goes the only reason I buy mostly from there over Best Buy. >:T

Edit 2: I am legit confused because half of my preorders has sales tax added and the other half don't. WTF?

I know there was already one for the 3 disc set because I have that locked in for my order. I don't believe there was one for the 2 disc.

Excellent.

Christopher

Call me crazy, but I actually like this cover better

tumblr_mb2ju3iUde1rehigro1_400.jpg

Had Disney been classy with all their other covers I woulda loved this one however this one matches with the tohers.

When is Aladdin coming out on Bluray?

And what is everyone's thoughts on all the post-Lion King animated flicks that weren't Pixar produced? Was Pocahontas, Hunchback and Hercules as bad as alot of people say?

Pocahontas is artistically the pinnacle of Disney Animation Studios use of CAPS software, and also Alan Menken's (IMO) best, and (pretty much factually) most complex score.

Unfortunately, it suffers from terrible characters and character development, and a half-hearted love story that was caused by the excision of the Pocahontas-John Smith love theme "If I Never Knew You", which the directors later described as "Removing the heart from the movie". Luckily, the DVD release saw the scene included again, making it a much better film (ALMOST as great as pre-Lion King).

But then with the shit-job that Disney did with the Pocahontas Blu-ray release (outside most of the A/V), the scene was excised once again, and only available as a low quality deleted scene.

Mulan was really enjoyable, too, and I will be buying it on Blu-ray.

Sorcerer

Has Disney ever released their non-animated films on Blu-Ray?

Movies like Herbie, or any of the Haley Mills Disney films.

I remember it took years for the non-animated catalog to hit dvd as well.

Guess Disney feels these films are not as essential?

Top Bottom