• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Christopher

Upcoming Releases
  • Up 3D
  • Brave 3D
  • Finding Nemo 3D
  • Frankenweenie
  • The Muppets: A Christmas Carol
  • Cinderella II & Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
  • Peter Pan: Diamond Edition

51UNMtSt%2BVL._AA115_.jpg
51CC8wUHDAL._AA115_.jpg
51tACsiFEUL._AA115_.jpg
51iczxwNXgL._AA115_.jpg
61VQYLWu1gL._AA115_.jpg
6185NLtxyyL._AA115_.jpg
5151r2P2OfL._AA115_.jpg

Fuck yeah, Wal-mart is going to have Brave (Blu-ray) for $8.96 on Black Friday. I just hope it will have the slip cover.

Edit: To be clear, it's the three disc version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Poor my wallet for next year.

Mulan, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Wreck-It Ralph, Atlantis, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Hercules, Hunchback, Robin Hood.

(Some of movies are possibly to be release in US next year, but not confirmed yet)

vazel

Banned
I never knew about this annual double points tradition. Good to know. I'll make sure to wait until then to redeem all my points from now on.

They added a neat looking Wreck-it-Ralph alarm clock to DMR. It's really tempting as I need one, I've been using my DS as an alarm clock.

BA1zW.jpg

I never knew about this annual double points tradition. Good to know. I'll make sure to wait until then to redeem all my points from now on.

They added a neat looking Wreck-it-Ralph alarm clock to DMR. It's really tempting as I need one, I've been using my DS as an alarm clock.

BA1zW.jpg
That's bullshit you can't buy that at Disney Store, I would want one of those and a Fix It Felix hat.

FOOTE

Am I the only one hoarding codes until the holiday double points promo? ;x

I always forget they do that until someone mentions it. I enter the codes right after I open the case so I don't forget to do it.

I'm getting Nemo and possibly Brave(if I find a good black friday deal) before the year is out, so I might be able to cash in on those.

BTW, if any of you are LOST fans, the rewards store has season 1-4 (I believe) of the seasons available for 1500 a piece or 5000 for all together. This would have been something I would have jumped on if I didn't already own the seasons.

isny

napkin dispenser
Don't know if it affects your or any one else's decision to buy, but the song "When Love is Gone" is still cut from this release.

Unfortunately we just have to live with it as Disney does what they want. At least it's more Muppets on Blu.

I keep getting excited about Mulan, and then I remember the shit quality Disney has been putting into even its Diamond Edition releases compared to the first few years of Blu-ray.

Probably no disc artwork, stacked disc, mulitpack, practically DVD-era menu, annoying "Disney Vault" special features navigation system, and (and this part I expected, since you can't do every release with a Diamond-edition quality remastering) a subpar remastering. The good thing is, the 90's movies really don't need any touching up to look fantastic on Blu-ray.

...I'm still just grumpy about Pocahontas's "If I Never Knew You" excision and front-centered (and clipping in the credits?) audio mix.

BA1zW.jpg

i want that

Tunic

Went to Best Buy today to buy Brave and they had some collectible cases for Finding Nemo. $7.50 deposit for the case but the $7.50 goes towards the purchase of the Blu-ray which releases 12/4.

Top Bottom