• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

That sucks. Maybe just order it and contact Amazon and have them change the payment method for you?

They always have in the past and I will later but it's still a hassle, you used to be able to actually select a year or two ago and they got rid of it for whatever reason. It's only annoying for me to use credit when preordering, especially this far in the future.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I had around 5,000 DMR points left. They're all gone. WTF.

Sweet. I typically go to B&Ms for Disney Blu-rays, but I doubt any coupon will get the price below $22.99.

Really? I don't think I've ever paid more than that for Disney Blu-rays at B&M, not even for 3D. The highest was exactly that much for the Cinderella digibook.

Oozer3993

Got my copy of Finding Nemo 3D from Amazon today. But it's missing the Disney Movie Rewards code. That means no free Monster's Inc. 3D ticket :(

On the plus side, Mulan is coming next Spring!

CalU6.jpg

Theonik

Got my copy of Finding Nemo 3D from Amazon today. But it's missing the Disney Movie Rewards code. That means no free Monster's Inc. 3D ticket :(

CalU6.jpg
Mulan and Mulan II on the same disk with cake packaging. You know that's what we are getting. And yet I'm still happy we are getting it at all.

netguy503

So did anyone take advantage of the Disney deals this week: $8 dollars off selected Disney blu titles if you buy Nemo/ Nemo 3D at Target, B1G1 40% off at TRU (along with a $10 off coupon for Cinderalla Blu or any copy of Nemo if you can find it). And remember the $10 off Brave, Nemo, and Up rebate from Kelloggs is still in play people. :)

Man, so where does the Netflix deal leave us on purchasing Blu-rays? Not sure how I feel about it anymore.

Depends. Do you just want to watch the movie, or are you more interested in learning more about the movie by watching all the documentation and other bonus features that come included with the retail release?

DasRaven

Man, so where does the Netflix deal leave us on purchasing Blu-rays? Not sure how I feel about it anymore.

What? Disney arguably makes the best BD releases in the business right now.
I, for one, will continue to buy every BD they release from the vault and some of the others also.

Don't even get me started on streaming a/v quality compared to BD and the fickle nature of "streaming rights."

I was excited until I saw it was going to be a combo deal like Pocahontas. I like Mulan a lot, so it saddens me to see it get a C-tier treatment of a release.

It shouldn't make a difference. The quality will be by far superior on Blu-Ray and it's very unlikely the A-tier stuff is going to be available all the time or maybe even at all. There will be plenty of reasons to still buy them.

Vyer

I only buy blus of stuff I really want, so it doesn't change.

But I absolutely love the Netflix deal too. Great addition and I support instant streaming in that the 8 bucks more than pays off each month.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just how little respect does Disney have for their post '95 movies that they are dumping them with their shit-ass direct to dvd sequels in one set?

RuwdV.jpg
QwDDs.jpg
PIYYW.jpg

This just cheapens the films to me. Ugh.

At least they're not shitting up Hunchback's cover with sequel bullshit. Makes you wonder why they even bothered sticking it on there.

The reason they do it is to increase the perceived value when a parent is walking down the Wal Mart and wants to buy a Disney movie for their kids. Your average middle aged soccer mom isn't going to give a shit about the artistic merit of Mulan or Mulan 2, to them it's just an extra movie they can shut the children up with.

Also hope Hunchback is loaded with features. The 2002 release was supposed to have all the extras from the Laserdisc but they skimped on anything substantial in favor of rushing it out the door to coincide with Hunchback II's release.

omgkitty said:
And to be fair, none of those films are very good....
frollorage-o.gif

ymmv

Banned
And to be fair, none of those films are very good....

Them's fighting words.

Hunchback is my favorite modern Disney animated movie. Better than Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, you name 'em. Right up there with the best classics. It is the most grownup movie with surprisingly dark themes and no real happy ending, the best soundtrack of all of them and gorgeous animation.

tha_devil

Poor Mulan, gets the worst cover. The Hunchback of Notre Dame had a sequel?

Pretty much every disney movie has a sequel, but i ignore them all (except rangers in australia).

I only buy any movie that was released in theaters.

If they include sequels as freebie i dont really mind.

Tedesco!

No digital copy no sale now

Exactly. I wonder why Disney arbitrarily decides what gets and doesn't get a digital copy? Dick Tracy gets a digital copy, but Mulan, Hunchback, and (important for me) Pete's Dragon doesn't? None of the Miyazaki films have them either...

18-Volt

Atlantis is also coming out same day 3-12-13 too with an awesome cover:

BoxArtReflection_176_Atlantis2MovieBD.png

(sorry for small pic, high quality one isn't available yet)

WF Roger Rabbit is also 3-12, but it's from Touchstone, I don't know if it counts as Disney movie.

6283w.jpg

Them's fighting words.

Hunchback is my favorite modern Disney animated movie. Better than Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, you name 'em. Right up there with the best classics. It is the most grownup movie with surprisingly dark themes and no real happy ending, the best soundtrack of all of them and gorgeous animation.

The only thing I remember about Hunchback is the trailer had these balloon headed people getting popped in a parade. Never saw it happen in the movie. Only seen the movie twice though and that was the year it came out. :./

Top Bottom