• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ugh, 5 movies that are set to release on March 12, 2013. My poor wallets.. I would be surprised if they decided to release Wreck It Ralph on March 12, too.

Akahige

Atlantis is also coming out same day 3-12-13 too with an awesome cover:

BoxArtReflection_176_Atlantis2MovieBD.png

(sorry for small pic, high quality one isn't available yet)

WF Roger Rabbit is also 3-12, but it's from Touchstone, I don't know if it counts as Disney movie.

6283w.jpg
oh my god! best day ever.

Pachinko

I'm sure I've said it more then once in this thread but... I'm still waiting for Aladdin, at this point I imagine it'll be a 3d re-release in theaters followed by a 40 dollar deluxe bluray ...

I'd actually pick up Hercules too, it's the only post lion king 2d disney cartoon I think I actually liked at all but even that was quite a few years ago now.

vazel

Banned
Atlantis is also coming out same day 3-12-13 too with an awesome cover:

[IMG*]http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/managed/BoxArtReflection_176_Atlantis2MovieBD.png[/IMG]
(sorry for small pic, high quality one isn't available yet)

WF Roger Rabbit is also 3-12, but it's from Touchstone, I don't know if it counts as Disney movie.

[IMG*]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9867/6283w.jpg[/IMG]
Mulan and Willow are coming out that day too. It's a really good day for Blu-rays.

Christopher

Transiting to digital copies...there's something about having my purchases, organized and avaliable whenever I want without swapping discs or worrying about a laser dieing.

Leeness

So many... :D

Will get:
-Peter Pan
-Mulan
-Hunchback of Notre Dame
-Brother Bear
-Wreck It Ralph
-Little Mermaid
-Roger Rabbit

Joy.

And Monsters University =p

And probably Totoro too >.>

Totoro is probably one of my favorite, favorite movies that I don't own, and refuse to own, until the BluRay comes out. Is there really a chance of it coming in 2013? Because I want to watch it so bad but I know the BRD will be a combo pack with the DVD so there is literally no point in double dipping.

Ok , which version of Beauty and the Beast is superior?
Halp!

The blu ray of course. :)

Do you mean between the 3D release and the non 3D version? Picture quality should be exactly the same.

Between the original theatrical and the "special" edition with the new stuff in it? I still side with theatrical.

Totoro is probably one of my favorite, favorite movies that I don't own, and refuse to own, until the BluRay comes out. Is there really a chance of it coming in 2013? Because I want to watch it so bad but I know the BRD will be a combo pack with the DVD so there is literally no point in double dipping.
It should come out next year. I don't see why they would hold it until 2014.

ghostmind

The blu ray of course. :)

Do you mean between the 3D release and the non 3D version? Picture quality should be exactly the same.

Between the original theatrical and the "special" edition with the new stuff in it? I still side with theatrical.

Unless you have a 3DTV, the one advantage of 3D edition is that it has a digital copy. But since the 3D version is OOP, you'll probably end up spending a bit to get it.

PolishQ

http://www.yesasia.com/us/my-neighb...gion-free-japan/1030818723-0-0-0-en/info.html

You can have it now if you want to pay $88 for it. On the positive side, the packaging is gorgeous.

I just updated the OP with new box arts, release dates, and Amazon links (for those that have them).

From what I can tell, the only 2013 releases without firm dates are Aladdin and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

DJ_Lae

Thinking of getting one of the two Disney blu-rays I don't own yet (ignoring stuff like Pete's Dragon which I don't plan on buying) as a stocking stuffer.

Mouse Detective or Treasure Island? The latter I'm a bit wary on though it looks neat, as I remember hearing awful reviews...but then again, maybe that was for Atlantis, which I haven't seen either.

Magnus

I just updated the OP with new box arts, release dates, and Amazon links (for those that have them).

Thank you!

And holy shit at March 12. Been outta the loop for awhile and didn't know that was all coming!

Are all those box arts legit? Most are gorgeous. I remember hearing the Little Mermaid one was supposed to be fan made? Hope it's real.

Aladdin has been confirmed somewhere for 2013?

Hunchback in Blu will be so magnificent. Just need Herc now.

I'm in the US, is this a PAL-only release? (I can't find it anywhere in the description). Also is there some loophole where I can make an Amazon UK account and have them ship it to me in America, or would I have to rely on a Gaffer to ship it here?

And, is it the Disney dub, or the old Fox dub? (Or is it even dubbed at all?)

Thinking of getting one of the two Disney blu-rays I don't own yet (ignoring stuff like Pete's Dragon which I don't plan on buying) as a stocking stuffer.
I'm in America, is there some way to set up an Amazon UK account and have them ship it here? Or would I need a UK Gaffer to buy it and ship it to me?

Mouse Detective or Treasure Island? The latter I'm a bit wary on though it looks neat, as I remember hearing awful reviews...but then again, maybe that was for Atlantis, which I haven't seen either.
Mouse Detective. Treasure Island was alright, it felt like it needed to be a lot longer and there were some cool concepts that didn't really go anywhere. But Mouse Detective is totally awesome.

Solo

From what I can tell, the only 2013 releases without firm dates are Aladdin and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Think Aladdin got pushed to 2014 to make way for Peter Pan.

isny

napkin dispenser
Aladdin has been confirmed somewhere for 2013?

Yes, it had been. Who knows now though.

I'm in the US, is this a PAL-only release? (I can't find it anywhere in the description). Also is there some loophole where I can make an Amazon UK account and have them ship it to me in America, or would I have to rely on a Gaffer to ship it here?

You create an account on their site and they ship it to you. Shipping to North America is cheap. Most people who still buy Blu Rays pick up a great deal from them, as most UK BR discs are region free. (Although these Ghibli ones are not. You'll need a region free BR player, or a PC BR player and use BD Region Tray to change your region settings on the fly)

And, is it the Disney dub, or the old Fox dub? (Or is it even dubbed at all?)

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/11/blu-ray-review-my-neighbour-totoro-1988.html

Disney dub. Who watches Ghibli dubbed though? =/

Pau

So excited for the two best Disney movies to be out on blu-ray.

Although I will never understand why they don't use the amazing theatrical posters as the cover art.

So excited for the two best Disney movies to be out on blu-ray.

Although I will never understand why they don't use the amazing theatrical posters as the cover art.
I think they are all fine, minus Mulan which got the short end of the stick.

Top Bottom