• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

I like the joke... but.. why wouldn't they just wait until the actual 35th anniversary? It's only a year away.

True. Or after the spring '14 TV special. That would make sense.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah I'd imagine after that one, 'cause then it'd have the three(?) they've already made, as well as the two holiday specials, plus any other TSTs they put out this year. Like the release would be for the two holiday specials but the shorts would be "bonus" content. Sounds about right.

Hex

Banned
Just a heads up on Peter Pan

Target has the digi book edition
Walmart has the vinyl figure
Disney store has a lithograph set if you preorder as well as you get $20.00 off of your next order of $40 or more if you preorder which is pretty good for getting another movie or something else.

Hercules is awesome.

It's a lot like Aladdin in the sense that the first 3/4 is great but when it comes to the boss fight and resolution it becomes total garbage.

Joe Molotov

Well this is certainly a welcome development.

i5BD6.png

It still pales in comparison to the UK rewards selection, but it's a good first step. I'm tempted to pick up Enchanted, but I'll probably hold off to see what else trickles in.

I guess it's finally time to bust out some of those points I've been hoarding. Pulled the trigger on James & The Giant Peach + Dinosaur for 2950 points.

Sushigod7

I guess it's finally time to bust out some of those points I've been hoarding. Pulled the trigger on James & The Giant Peach + Dinosaur for 2950 points.

I'm getting James and the Giant Peach for sure never saw Dinosaur how is that? My daughter might like that when she is older. I'll probably be getting Tinkerbell as well.

Joe Molotov

I'm getting James and the Giant Peach for sure never saw Dinosaur how is that? My daughter might like that when she is older. I'll probably be getting Tinkerbell as well.

It's been at least 10 years since I've seen Dinosaur. I thought it was pretty cool at the time.

Australia and parts of Europe have had Aladdin confirmed for March, hopefully that includes the UK, the US is getting Peter Pan as a diamond edition when it was just a standard release elsewhere.

Christopher

If they don't release them where I can get them for 15 or less I'm gonna iTunes Store buy em so I have em forever. Can't believe no DCs with these releases and Mulan was big too

Hex

Banned
Nothing on the radar yet, most likely 2014 with Jungle Book and Aladdin.
As a side, saw Monsters Inc in 3D this weekend (free ticket from Disney Rewards) and had never seen it before.
Was fun, will definitely pick up.

Any idea on the usual time frame for coupons? Don't want to preorder Mulan and Hunchback if they will release coupons later...

They usually show up a few weeks before the release.

If you're already signed up for DMR, you should get an e-mail when they're available. (But I get so much shit from Disney that I have a bad habit of overlooking them.)

overcast

Potentially very dumb question. But I can watch my toy story trilogy (English edition) on my Blu ray right? I'm in America. Don't even know if this ish gets region locked lol.

Messi

This is most likely the wrong place to ask this but I would like to know, what are the chances of getting a sequel to Tron Legacy.

Tron Legacy spoilersish
I want to see what happens with Quorra, thus I want the sequel to be about Quorra/Olivia Wilde

Keeping it on topic, Tron Legacy looks lovely on Blu Ray.

Can't wait for Aladdin. It's the big one I've been waiting for.

Picked up Brave myself after seeing Merida on Disney on Ice! Beautiful girl. Can't wait to watch it. :)

Hex

Banned
What? Why? Source please.

Source was Disney's official 2013 release list.
It is out there.
Hopefully it will not have an effect on the blu release, as it seems it may just be more cost effective for them just to push it on blu in 3D as far as profit goes.

After watching Brave, I'm glad I kept my expectations down. It's alright. Definitely not up to the standard of other Pixar films. Tangled was far more enjoyable.

Just ordered Peter Pan on my disney movie reward points (uk)

So far for free from that system I have had(all blu rays)

Peter Pan
High school musical
High school musical 3
Beverly hill chihuahua
Curse of the black pearl
Dead mans chest
A worlds end
Meet the robin sons
Tarzan
Pocahontas

Not bad to say I would have bought most of them anyway :)

Tunic

Peter Pan
High school musical
High school musical 3
Beverly hill chihuahua
Curse of the black pearl
Dead mans chest
A worlds end
Meet the robin sons
Tarzan
Pocahontas

Nice! They need to improve this on the US version. Would be an excellent way for me to unload all my points.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Peter Pan
High school musical
High school musical 3
Beverly hill chihuahua
Curse of the black pearl
Dead mans chest
A worlds end
Meet the robin sons
Tarzan
Pocahontas

Tarzan is on Blu-Ray outside of America?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
There are a ton of films in the vault now, we're just waiting for them to bring them back out.

oh yeah, and multiple blu rays are vaulted like Snow White, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio... and Lion King + Lady and the Tramp hit the vault at the end of April

KillGore

oh yeah, and multiple blu rays are vaulted like Snow White, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio... and Lion King + Lady and the Tramp hit the vault at the end of April

I'm confused. I can still find all of these films on amazon. I thought vaulted meant they stopped making copies?

I bought Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (Both in 3D) last week. Feels good.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm confused. I can still find all of these films on amazon. I thought vaulted meant they stopped making copies?

I bought Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (Both in 3D) last week. Feels good.

Lion King isn't vaulted.

Beauty is, but again, that means they stop shipping it... you can find those films at retail for generally 10-12 months after at retail or close to it. Also, look at the price on some of those on Amazon. Snow White is like $53. Bambi is 27. Beauty is 31, Sleeping Beauty is 80. Pinocchio is 60. Most aren't sold by Amazon, just third parties. In a year or two you'll see Sleeping Beauty over 100 and I'd guess Snow White and Pinocchio will be close to it.

i remember one time after a film was vaulted I found it two years later at a Best Buy because they had filled a DVD shelf in the store with a bunch of them to show what the shelf looked like full. That was a sweet score

KillGore

It takes a while before the retail channels get depleted of stock.

Lion King isn't vaulted.

Beauty is, but again, that means they stop shipping it... you can find those films at retail for generally 10-12 months after at retail or close to it. Also, look at the price on some of those on Amazon. Snow White is like $53. Bambi is 27. Beauty is 31, Sleeping Beauty is 80. Pinocchio is 60. Most aren't sold by Amazon, just third parties. In a year or two you'll see Sleeping Beauty over 100 and I'd guess Snow White and Pinocchio will be close to it.

i remember one time after a film was vaulted I found it two years later at a Best Buy because they had filled a DVD shelf in the store with a bunch of them to show what the shelf looked like full. That was a sweet score

Ahh I see, thanks guys.

But they eventually come back, right?? Would they re-release the blu-rays in a few years?

Ahh I see, thanks guys.

But they eventually come back, right?? Would they re-release the blu-rays in a few years?

Yes they would, just like they brought them out a few years ago as the Platinum editions. That's generally how the Disney Vault works. Bring them out for sale for a few months, throw them in the vault for a few years, then bring them out again.

Top Bottom