• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, so I don't know when exactly this happened, but blu-ray.com updated The Little Mermaid box art. It still doesn't have an Amazon page, so I'm not sure if it's legit.

If so, woof. That is some fugly box art.

I thought it was fake? Time for me to dig around and see if it's real.

FOOTE

Yeah, so I don't know when exactly this happened, but blu-ray.com updated The Little Mermaid box art. It still doesn't have an Amazon page, so I'm not sure if it's legit.

If so, woof. That is some fugly box art.
Wouldn't surprise me. That other cover had been floating around for a few years and was fan made.

Then again, that may be just the 3d box art.

Christopher

The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp are going Vault way soon - so pick them up while you can!

These titles will be going into the vault in April
515HXtWz55L._AA160_.jpg
515OXsZsGJL._AA160_.jpg

What we have to look foward to this year on Blu Ray:
51QrxwmxrPL._AA160_.jpg
61yPJCWkJzL._AA160_.jpg
61rY0opWOrL._AA160_.jpg
51G715pQqNL._AA160_.jpg
510ccBRhd8L._AA160_.jpg
51D9mFQMkgL._AA160_.jpg

Seriously. Assuming you jump at the time of release and they don't have any coupons, that's about $100 right there. (I'm assuming they'll be $20-22 during their first week before going up to $24-27 like they normally are)

I also hate that I'm totally going to do that ;__;

Christopher

I buy them via iTunes so every paycheck I get ONE so I got Brother Bear and Hunchback so far.

Mulan and Roger aren't avaliable yet to buy.

Can't wait for Mulan and The Hunchback of ND.

Two of my most favourite movies of all time. Hope Disney doesn't screw up the release. Shame they don't always deliver superb quality any more.

Can't wait for Mulan and The Hunchback of ND.

Two of my most favourite movies of all time. Hope Disney doesn't screw up the release. Shame they don't always deliver superb quality any more.
Both were digitally produced, there is very little to worry about in terms of video quality. The worst that could happen is that they don't bother to try and fix any issues present in the digital masters.

NoRéN;48051131 said:
Amazon took down the listings for My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle on bluray.

NOOOO

probably because there hasn't been anything "official" yet. They'll be back up once Disney actually announces the releases.

johnsmith

remember me
Target is going to have the blu-ray/dvd combo of Wreck it Ralph for 19.99. 12.99 after the coupon. Good deal for those of us that don't care about 3d.

I finally watched the Pocahontas Blu-ray that's been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks.

It's pretty much how I remembered: Beautifully animated, wonderfully scored, but stupid and insulting to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the true Pocahontas story.

Sushigod7

I finally watched the Pocahontas Blu-ray that's been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks.

It's pretty much how I remembered: Beautifully animated, wonderfully scored, but stupid and insulting to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the true Pocahontas story.

Yeah watched it on Netflix a few weeks back, pretty weak. Mulan is the same way.

Christopher

Is Aladdin that is coming out on bluray (in the uk) a diamond edition? Any chance of a 3d version as well?

Nothing suggests that the title is even in 3d production they canned mermaid so we don't know.

I can't seem to purchase Mulan or brother bear on iTunes odd everything else so far has been good to go.

Guzim

I wonder how insulting Pocahontas 2 is.

Christopher

Pochohantas is insulting because its downright boring....who cares about historical accuracy it's a child's film with talking trees...?

Christopher

Very true to me it ended at Tarzan, however as a completist of the Disney renaissance I need to own it.

Good songs awful pacing and story ... Hunchback great story and pacing too many tedious songs

Target is going to have the blu-ray/dvd combo of Wreck it Ralph for 19.99. 12.99 after the coupon. Good deal for those of us that don't care about 3d.

How does this work? Is it online or in-store? I'm giving this to a friend for his birthday (also on the 5th), so I need it day 1 (or earlier if possible).

Suairyu

Banned
This is a silly complaint. All the Disney adaptations are horrifically bastardised versions of their inspirations.

Top Bottom