• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Just to followup on this, if any of you are interested...

I completed my first membership today. My average price per BD was higher than what it could have been, but only because I decided to buy 3D titles as my commitments. In the end, I got the following for a total of $91.24, or an average of $10.14 a BD...

-Brave 3D
-Monsters Inc. 3D
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
-The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition
-The Secret World of Arrietty
-UP 3D
-Whisper of the Heart
-Wreck-It-Ralph 3D

In addition to the above, I also got this exclusive Dumbo plush for free for ordering two combo packs at the same time (MI3D and WIR3D, my commitment titles)...

yM0xo6W.jpg

So in the end I got five Disney 3DBD titles, three Studio Ghibli BDs, another Disney BD combo pack that goes for up to $30 on Amazon depending on the day, and the Dumbo plush for $91.24. Heck, if you count the plush in the average it ended up being $9.12 an item.

You can't beat that anywhere! I'll be canceling my membership once WIR shows up in the mail later this week, then signing up once again for another round.

When do you usually get the monthly email offer you have to accept/decline? I've gotten some emails from them, but nothing to accept/decline yet. I'm getting a little antsy as I don't want to be stuck paying for something I don't want.

Sushigod7

So has anyone done the 5 Blu-rays for $5? If so, what is the deal? Anything I have to pay for? Any catch?

I did it a few months ago just search this thread or go back a few pages for details. You do have to buy 3 full price Blu's over the next 2 years but I think it's worth it. When you sign up you can usually get a deal on the first one so it's really only two at full price. If you need to get caught up or start a Disney collection it's great.

Kobiekun

When do you usually get the monthly email offer you have to accept/decline? I've gotten some emails from them, but nothing to accept/decline yet. I'm getting a little antsy as I don't want to be stuck paying for something I don't want.

You don't need the email to decline. You can initiate the process from the website (assuming you have something to decline).

qwerty2k

Wow, just looked for Beauty and the Beast 3d (uk) for the gf - £65. sheesh, i guess that's what the vault does to prices when the release goes back 'in the vault'

overcast

I did it a few months ago just search this thread or go back a few pages for details. You do have to buy 3 full price Blu's over the next 2 years but I think it's worth it. When you sign up you can usually get a deal on the first one so it's really only two at full price. If you need to get caught up or start a Disney collection it's great.
Damn, sounds like a great deal. That means you basically get 8 blu-rays for about 90 dollars? Might wait a few weeks to do it, but that is so tempting.

LadyRiven

no idea, but it was shown in HD last year ish... and it looked great so maybe next year? the US still needs Tarzan and One Hundred and One Dalmatians

I really want Hercules on Blu-Ray. I can't believe it's never even gotten a decent DVD release. (Still only the ghetto "Gold Collection!)

Downhome

It usually comes in the first week of the month. Don't be worried, you can check for yourself at any time by logging into the site. As soon as you log in you'll see near the top or so letting you know if you need to decline or not. Mine for this month is up now - "YOUR FEATURED TITLE The Hunchback Of Notre Dame 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray Combo Pack + Brother Bear 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray Combo Pack Respond before 04/02/13"

As long as you cancel your account in and out quickly, you shouldn't have to decline more than once or twice a membership, unless you keep an account open instead of closing it out ASAP.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It usually comes in the first week of the month. Don't be worried, you can check for yourself at any time by logging into the site. As soon as you log in you'll see near the top or so letting you know if you need to decline or not. Mine for this month is up now - "YOUR FEATURED TITLE The Hunchback Of Notre Dame 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray Combo Pack + Brother Bear 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray Combo Pack Respond before 04/02/13"

As long as you cancel your account in and out quickly, you shouldn't have to decline more than once or twice a membership, unless you keep an account open instead of closing it out ASAP.

Ah didn't get an email yet, but I did just log in, and saw the same deal. Thanks!

I actually like Hunchback, but no interest in Brother Bear. It's just as well, I can't afford it right now anyway, and I need to make sure I have enough for Lion King by the end of next month.

Says I've already printed the Wreck It Ralph coupon the max times. I installed the coupon printer and had to restart chrome. When I go back it said the above, WTF.

Man, I'm getting sick of dealing with needing to be at Target when they open because they only stock two copies that will be gone if you try to get it later. I went at lunch and on the way home to two different Targets and they were cleaned out. This always happens when there's a Disney coupon.

Man, I'm getting sick of dealing with needing to be at Target when they open because they only stock two copies that will be gone if you try to get it later. I went at lunch and on the way home to two different Targets and they were cleaned out. This always happens when there's a Disney coupon.

Targets around here are usually fine for the first day. You just have to hit the two places the discs usually are, which is usually the front cash area or the kids DVD section. And if those places are empty, asking a clerk if they have more usually works. They just put out limited numbers here instead of the giant displays of yesteryear.

Targets around here are usually fine for the first day. You just have to hit the two places the discs usually are, which is usually the front cash area or the kids DVD section. And if those places are empty, asking a clerk if they have more usually works. They just put out limited numbers here instead of the giant displays of yesteryear.

Did that, but both Targets were completely cleaned out up front, in the movie section and confirmed out of stock with raincheck tags from the clerk for all versions of the Blu Ray. This isn't the first time I've tried to grab something and had to go to multiple Targets and not having any luck. It always seems to be when there are coupons involved. It's starting to get annoying around here.

Ugh my Wreck-It Ralph didn't deliver yesterday. I wasn't aware that some of Amazon's carriers required in-person delivery for something like a freakin' blu-ray.

They didn't attempt delivery until after 8pm anyways. Such BS.

Did that, but both Targets were completely cleaned out up front, in the movie section and confirmed out of stock with raincheck tags from the clerk for all versions of the Blu Ray. This isn't the first time I've tried to grab something and had to go to multiple Targets and not having any luck. It always seems to be when there are coupons involved. It's starting to get annoying around here.

Jesus, that is crazy. My Target still had a stack left at around 10:40 last night when I went in.

I would have gotten the movie if I had a printer that worked to print the coupon. Wish they would take it off a smart phone.

Chairhome

I got my amazon copy on Monday, that's the first time it has happened for me.

Check out the deleted scenes on Wreck It Ralph. There's some pretty morbid humor there and a whole different sub-plot that they took out. Examples of morbid humor:
"Could you just give me your tie or belt so I can hang myself?"

"She could be dying in the street and I would just watch her"
"Or you could break her hands"
"yeah, then she wouldn't be able to crawl.... and then she would die."

It was a little awkward watching these scenes with my kids.

Jesus, that is crazy. My Target still had a stack left at around 10:40 last night when I went in.

I would have gotten the movie if I had a printer that worked to print the coupon. Wish they would take it off a smart phone.

Ya it's crazy. Went to two more today, each at least had the regular Blu Ray but no 3D versions to be found. I used to have so much trouble with their software and printing in the beginning, but once I got it working, it's been solid since, but ya initially it was a pain in the ass. Guess I have to go through the hassle of finding it elsewhere and trying for a price match. Target is just a no go.

Edit: What the heck? No Best Buy in the area has it either.

I give up; it's impossible to buy a 3D copy of Wreck It Ralph in the Bay Area. All Targets are out, all Best Buys are out, Fry's doesn't carry any version. I can't believe it's this hard to find.

leng jai

Just a heads up to Ausgaf that all Disney/Pixar BDs are buy 1 get 1 free until the 10th. Picked up the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan for a total of $20. They both include the sequels which I've never seen but I'm assume they're both exceedingly terrible?

Sushigod7

Finally just watched Wreck it Ralph for the first time awesome movie beyond the references which are all awesome too. My wife was sitting here not getting any of it but she thought it was cute.

edit: For anyone in the Orlando area at Disney Hollywood Studios they have the actual arcade machine they came up with and a display of various art etc from the movie. Worth a visit if your nearby.

qindarka

Banned
Just a heads up to Ausgaf that all Disney/Pixar BDs are buy 1 get 1 free until the 10th. Picked up the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan for a total of $20. They both include the sequels which I've never seen but I'm assume they're both exceedingly terrible?

Haven't watched either of them but Hunchback 2 is generally regarded to be a steaming pile of shit and on of the worst DTV sequels. Mulan 2 is pretty lowly regarded too.

Sushigod7

Haven't watched either of them but Hunchback 2 is generally regarded to be a steaming pile of shit and on of the worst DTV sequels. Mulan 2 is pretty lowly regarded too.

That's probably why they combined them to the oringal films releases. Noone would buy otherwise. I just watched Hutchback the other night (DVD) and while it's not a bad film not one I'll purchase. Mulan I will I have always liked it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Are Disney VHS tapes worth anything these days? My wife just brought a box home full of them from her Mom's place and we were just going to take them to Goodwill.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Are Disney VHS tapes worth anything these days? My wife just brought a box home full of them from her Mom's place and we were just going to take them to Goodwill.

Even the Little Mermaid penis cover sells for less than $4.

Vyer

I give up; it's impossible to buy a 3D copy of Wreck It Ralph in the Bay Area. All Targets are out, all Best Buys are out, Fry's doesn't carry any version. I can't believe it's this hard to find.

I think something's definitely odd. I wanted just the regular blu so I had no problems but when i bought mine i noticed the Target here had no 3D copies either. I've never seen that before.

netguy503

I think something's definitely odd. I wanted just the regular blu so I had no problems but when i bought mine i noticed the Target here had no 3D copies either. I've never seen that before.

It's not everyday one can get a day1 disney 3D blu-ray release for $21-$22 dollars (I payed $20.58 w/tax included bc of the coupon and a toysrus pre-order card).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Says I've already printed the Wreck It Ralph coupon the max times. I installed the coupon printer and had to restart chrome. When I go back it said the above, WTF.

The first time I had that problem, I complained. Two coupons arrived in the mail, each for $10 off any Disney Blu-ray

Fry's doesn't accept coupons anyway. Yes, really.

Vyer

It's not everyday one can get a da1 disney 3D blu-ray release for $21-$22 dollars (I payed $20.58 w/tax included bc of the coupon and a toysrus pre-order card).

True, but I was there fairly early on release day. And it's not even listed on their website from what I can tell. Not even a 'sold out' or 'check availability' listing. I can't remember the last time I saw a new disney release not available like that.

johnsmith

remember me
It's not everyday one can get a da1 disney 3D blu-ray release for $21-$22 dollars (I payed $20.58 w/tax included bc of the coupon and a toysrus pre-order card).

$20 seems to be the price for almost all 3d disney releases from amazon if you clip the coupons when they become available. Then you can flip the 3d disc on ebay for $15+

Top Bottom