• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Emperors is coming to Blu Ray?!

FUCK YES

Yep! Celebrate with us!

tumblr_m5mm21UXRS1rs97fco1_500.gif

Update from a few days ago; They're shipping a new copy of the Incredibles to me.

Also good to know they're sending you a replacement. CS didn't give you any flak? I'm always afraid in a situation like that they wouldn't believe the customer.

My gosh, we can only hope.

I was sad that he never comes out at Walt Disney World ever. :(

Also, not crazy about the Blu Ray cover at all, ENG is too amazing to split it 50/50 with the less stellar sequel. Should be more like the Stitch cover at least.
At least Kronk is still okayish, but yeah, a cast photo would be preferable.

Downhome

I'm gonna post this once again, my post a few pages back explaining the DMC...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47219233&postcount=3244

Never, ever ever ever ever sign up to any of those club sites with the standard "deal" that they have as the default when you sign up. It is a huge ripoff, and you'll get screwed. That is how they make money off of those sites.

For the DMC go to this link...

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/weba...hView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051

And enter this code: 17674B

It changes to, well, reveal the true deal and how to work the program. Instead of the above, you get the following...

-3 "Purchase Commitment" titles required to complete membership
-5 for $1
-1 for $11.95 (this one counts as one of the three commitment titles)
-1 for $8.95
-$21.90/shipped for the initial seven titles

You then have only two more to buy at the higher price, although if you get in on a preorder you can get a commitment title for just $25 or so. This comes to around $89.70 for the completed membership, but less than that if you get in on the even cheaper deals for the commitment titles. It ends up being less than $10 a title, and closer to $8 or $9 if you really maximize the deal.

Also, do NOT use the website to sign up. I mean, it's fine if the titles listed on there are ones that you really want, but to get the most out of it you need to call and place your order over the phone, but still give them the code I mentioned (they'll ask if you have a code). If you are lucky, you can get just about any title that the DMC sells as an enrollment title, it just depends on the CSR. The 3D titles are not able to be selected on the website, but if you call with the specific item numbers they'll go through depending on the CSR. I was denied twice, I tried calling late at night to start with, but on the third call I made the next day around lunch time the CSR went right ahead with it. In addition to 3D titles, you can also get new releases as enrollment titles as well.

If you need any help at all, just let me know. I'm just happy that I can spread this deal. I know what I'm talking about, I've been dealing with clubs like this for at least ten years. Yes, you can get screwed if you just go in with no clue of what is going on, but if you use the codes and do it as you should, you get crazy deals. There is no cheaper way to buy Disney Blus out there, including using the coupons they give out for certain titles on release. Also, keep in mind that for these clubs you MUST decline at least one monthly title or they'll ship it and bill you automatically. It's not a big deal, you just need to remember. They will email you and let you know, or you could just set an alert somehow reminding you once a month. Even if they do ship one out though if you just write refused on it and send it back they credit whatever was charged back to you, so no harm no foul.

Update from a few days ago; They're shipping a new copy of the Incredibles to me.

I meant to reply when I saw your post earlier but I totally forgot. Another good thing about the DMC is that they are possibly the absolute easiest company to deal with in terms of customer service of any sort, especially returns and exchanges. If you ever have a problem, they will take care of it. If they send you the wrong thing, let them know and they will usually resend what you ordered and let you keep what they sent. If something is broken or damaged, same deal. No one should abuse it, I only mention this to let you know how great they are with this sort of thing.

So you can order the commitment on the web? What about cancelling?

You can order online or over the phone. You can can cancel by calling and talking to someone, calling an automatic line, or emailing them. I recommend to cancel by calling and talking to a live person.

Joe Molotov

I forgot Bambi was vaulted until I checked the OP the other day, but I managed to pick up a used/like new copy for $14. Now I just need to grab a copy of Lion King and Lady and the Tramp.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also good to know they're sending you a replacement. CS didn't give you any flak? I'm always afraid in a situation like that they wouldn't believe the customer.

They didn't even communicate with me. I used an online form, submitted the photos I posted above on the same day, and then a day or two later I got a shipping notice for The Incredibles again. So, like, no problem?

Downhome

My commitment orders shipped before my enrollment order. :\

I forgot to quote this earlier. If that is the case, call in and ask them if a title in your enrollment order is on backorder. That is almost always why enrollment orders are held up. They will be able to tell you which title is on backorder, when it may ship, and may offer you the chance to replace it with something else so it ships sooner if you don't want to wait. Items on backorder usually show up again within a week or two.

The ONLY real complaint I have with the service is that they do not inform you when an item is on backorder preventing an order from shipping out. You must call in to inquire about it yourself, or else you would never know and just assume it is taking longer than anticipated for no good reason.

cory64

I forgot to quote this earlier. If that is the case, call in and ask them if a title in your enrollment order is on backorder. That is almost always why enrollment orders are held up. They will be able to tell you which title is on backorder, when it may ship, and may offer you the chance to replace it with something else so it ships sooner if you don't want to wait. Items on backorder usually show up again within a week or two.

The ONLY real complaint I have with the service is that they do not inform you when an item is on backorder preventing an order from shipping out. You must call in to inquire about it yourself, or else you would never know and just assume it is taking longer than anticipated for no good reason.

It shipped now.

Cross post from the pickup thread.

I didn't believe my eyes when I saw it sitting on the shelf. I didn't realise it was even out yet, after a quick google search it seems Australia is the first to get it. About time.

isny

napkin dispenser

I didn't believe my eyes when I saw it sitting on the shelf. I didn't realise it was even out yet, after a quick google search it seems Australia is the first to get it. About time.

Is Australia really the first to get it? There have been 720/1080 encodes floating around all month.

Might have to pick this up. Just remembered I have a region free blu ray player! Any new features on it?

cory64

I kind of want to replace my gold cover version of Lady and the Tramp for the blue one before it gets vaulted (the amazon deal at the time required the digital copy version). But that's too much work.

I kind of want to replace my gold cover version of Lady and the Tramp for the blue one before it gets vaulted (the amazon deal at the time required the digital copy version). But that's too much work.

I'm thinking the same thing for the Cinderella I bought. I liked the gold at first, just the Blue matches Cindy better. =/

cory64

hmm the Peter Pan Diamond is mostly the same as the Platinum. Still, it's one of my favorites and it looks great, so it's nice to have.

Sweeeet! My movie club order has shipped! Finally extending my Pixar blu ray collection.

Anyone know if there is a way I can get a tracking number, or do I just have to wait it out?

cory64

My order came today, 4 weekdays after I got the shipment confirmation email. Everything had slipcovers and DMR codes, but one of the movies was completely missing. Should I tell them now or wait until tomorrow to see if it comes by itself?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My order came today, 4 weekdays after I got the shipment confirmation email. Everything had slipcovers and DMR codes, but one of the movies was completely missing. Should I tell them now or wait until tomorrow to see if it comes by itself?

There's an online complaint form--I used that (see above, my copy of the Incredibles had no discs in it) and they sent the replacement shipment the next day. No reason to wait.

cory64

Yeah I did that, so I might end up with two copies of it. XD

Also, I was not expecting Down Under to not have a direct digital transfer, but it's still excellent looking.

JdFoX187

Banned
I've run into an issue. Ordered Who Framed Roger Rabbit from Best Buy since I had a Reward Zone certificate and Amazon dicked my order over. It shipped through that half-assed method of UPS dropping it off with the USPS, who then delivers it to me. Well the tracking site says it was delivered March 30, but I don't have it and UPS doesn't have it and USPS doesn't have it. I've e-mailed Best Buy support. Am I SOL?

cory64

I don't think you'll ever realistically average less than like $18 once going VIP so there's not really any reason not to cancel.

I don't know how YMMV on this, but the Target by my house had Mulan for $20. They had Hunchback, but that wasn't on sale. And Brother Bear wasn't in stock. I don't want to spend more than $20 for these. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mulan, Hunchback, and the replacement Incredibles all arrived today. This time the Incredibles had actual disks in it. All three had slipcovers. Yay. That piece of cardboard is as important as the actual movies, dontcha know?

One hilarious thing, though, there's a weird mistake on the Incredibles order invoice:

b4MSGoK.jpg

That order number doesn't match any of my order numbers, and I can assure you I never ordered those four movies (and on DVD? What is this, 1945?). No big deal, as long as I never send the .00 I owe them for the rest of the order, they'll never ship it.

Joe Molotov

That order number doesn't match any of my order numbers, and I can assure you I never ordered those four movies (and on DVD? What is this, 1945?). No big deal, as long as I never send the .00 I owe them for the rest of the order, they'll never ship it.

That sounds like an amazing shipment you're missing out on, brah.

isny

napkin dispenser
Mulan, Hunchback, and the replacement Incredibles all arrived today. This time the Incredibles had actual disks in it. All three had slipcovers. Yay. That piece of cardboard is as important as the actual movies, dontcha know?

One hilarious thing, though, there's a weird mistake on the Incredibles order invoice:

b4MSGoK.jpg

Probably them shipping multiple replacements and using one invoice to do it for logistical purposes?

Sushigod7

b4MSGoK.jpg

sooooo jealous of this movie haul the princess inside me is jumping for joy! Nice job stump

cory64

My replacement copy of TFATH still hasn't come even though the ship date was 4/3. Mulan, which shipped on 4/4, came on Monday (also yay @ $77 + shipping being my final total for the 9 movies).
Edit: it came today. I rather like the transfer, I wish they were a little less rigorous on some of their restorations.

Top Bottom