• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

cory64

Actually, seasons of
  • DuckTales
  • Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
  • TaleSpin
  • Darkwing Duck
are all $9 on Amazon and Goof Troop and Quack Pack are $6

I think I'll get DT, does it hold up?

Actually, seasons of
  • DuckTales
  • Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
  • TaleSpin
  • Darkwing Duck
are all $9 on Amazon and Goof Troop and Quack Pack are $6

I think I'll get DT, does it hold up?

Crap. This has me very tempted. Right now, I only have both seasons of Darkwing. I'd love to get Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin.

I'm so jealous of you English-speaking countries. :(
Sucks being Swedish, Disney refuses to release the original dubs of DVD/Bluray, only the sucky re-dubs, here has been petitions and stuff, but nothing. Every movie prior to the Sword in the Stone has been re-dubbed, and a couple afterwards. :/

Their Bluray-releases are gorgoeus, though, so in the visual department, they're awesome.

Do we have any recent information about the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh? It's had a cover and everything since like the start of last year and AFAIK it's been released everywhere else but America. Wasn't it supposed to come out with the newer movie?

vazel

Banned
Speaking of which, the first two (real) volumes of Goof Troop are now available as a DMC exclusive.
Makes me wonder where DuckTales volume 4 is.
That's terrific news. Hopefully Disney will finish out their previously incomplete volumes on DMC(I mainly want Gargoyles, Resuce Rangers, and Ducktales).

LadyRiven

Yikes! Sorry about that :/ I guess I really forgot how lucky I was I grabbed it off of DMR when it was there.

I got my copy of Treasures of the Lost Lamp from Disney Movie Rewards, too. It's a really popular reward, so they re-stock it often, as far as I have noticed. I think you can also get it from the movie club.

LadyRiven

Speaking of which, the first two (real) volumes of Goof Troop are now available as a DMC exclusive.
Makes me wonder where DuckTales volume 4 is.

Holy crap! I want the proper release of Goof Troop so much! Will it be a DMR reward option as well? I haven't seen anything I wanted to buy with my reward points in ages. :(

Edit: Details!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Goof Troop is up on the club and eligible on DMR, but not as a DMR reward. Canadian prices are 24.95 a season.

That reminds me, *declines Oz the Great and Powerful* lol

LadyRiven

Goof Troop is up on the club and eligible on DMR, but not as a DMR reward. Canadian prices are 24.95 a season.

Dang. I might have to seriously consider joining DMC to get those. What are some other DMC exclusive titles that are worth grabbing?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What are some other DMC exclusive titles that are worth grabbing?

Here's a screenshot of everything I see in the Canadian Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives section. (don't mind the dithering in the screenshot, just imgur mangling my upload)

I think some of these are also available on Disney Movie Rewards. It depends on your taste--personally I don't like much of the older live action stuff besides Mary Poppins and maybe Pete's Dragon, so most of these don't appeal to me. But the cartoon TV DVD stuff is promising.

vazel

Banned
Atlantis is up for pre-order at DMC. I pre-ordered it and have now completed my DMC commitment(or I will once Atlantis ships).

I got 10 movies from DMC and paid an average of $16.85 per movie. Good value considering most of the movies I got are still selling for $20-25 on Amazon.

LadyRiven

Here's a screenshot of everything I see in the Canadian Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives section. (don't mind the dithering in the screenshot, just imgur mangling my upload)

I think some of these are also available on Disney Movie Rewards. It depends on your taste--personally I don't like much of the older live action stuff besides Mary Poppins and maybe Pete's Dragon, so most of these don't appeal to me. But the cartoon TV DVD stuff is promising.

Thanks for the screenshot! I actually haven't seen a great deal of the old live action movies. I think I'd mostly join for blu-rays and of course Goof Troop.

I have gotten the slip cover every time from Amazon. Or at least every time I've preordered from them.

Same, I've never not preordered though so I can't speak for anything other than that. The only thing I didn't I think was pinnochio but that was well after release since I was out of the country for a couple months.

They have pre-orders open for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh?

Look at that:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMY3K5O/?tag=neogaf0e-20
August 27, 2013 expected release date

So with that, there's only 8 more unannounced!

Yes, Winnie-the-Pooh!

Now if only Disney would release on digital format "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" that I grew up with! Gob Come On!.gif

Contact Amazon CS. They're great.

They'll probably send you a brand new copy and not even ask for your current copy back.

Ha, I should have done that, but I just manually scheduled a return then bought it from my Target since they had it cheaper than Amazon.

jwk94

So I'm trying to prepare for Disney Infinity by brushing up on my Disney/Pixar knowledge. I'm starting with Cars despite the fact that I hated what I managed to stomach of the first movie. What's the difference between the five disc and two disc blu ray pack for Cars 2? I'm seeing that the five disc one includes:

3D Blu Ray
Blu Ray
DVD
Digital Copy (how is that counted as a disc??)

and that's it. What happened to the fifth disc?

So I'm trying to prepare for Disney Infinity by brushing up on my Disney/Pixar knowledge. I'm starting with Cars despite the fact that I hated what I managed to stomach of the first movie. What's the difference between the five disc and two disc blu ray pack for Cars 2? I'm seeing that the five disc one includes:

3D Blu Ray
Blu Ray
DVD
Digital Copy (how is that counted as a disc??)

and that's it. What happened to the fifth disc?

I just checked mine.

1: BR 3D
2: BR Feature
3: BR Bonus
4: DVD Feature
5: Digital Copy

I agree that it's complete fucking bullshit to waste a DVD with the digital copy. I recently went through all my BRs and put all the digital copies onto my new iMac but because it doesn't have a damn DVD drive and I don't know where my old USB drive is, I couldn't put any of my Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks movies on. Fuckers.

I don't see Goof Troop anywhere. Is it all sold out?

Also, earlier people were talking about Darkwing Duck on Amazon Instant Video and I don't see that either...

f@luS

More than a member.
so what are all known bluray coming soon already?

kuzco/Atlantide/liloo in june...
then? Winnie in august? Olivier also . Something else missing?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't see Goof Troop anywhere. Is it all sold out?

You might be confused.

- Goof Troop can only be purchased through Disney Movie Club
- Goof Troop can be redeemed for points in Disney Movie Rewards, but cannot be purchased there

To find it on Disney Movie Club, just log in and scroll down. It's the banner image for "NEW Disney DVD exclusives". Or if you go through All -> DVD Exclusives, it's the top two items there.

You might be confused.

- Goof Troop can only be purchased through Disney Movie Club
- Goof Troop can be redeemed for points in Disney Movie Rewards, but cannot be purchased there

To find it on Disney Movie Club, just log in and scroll down. It's the banner image for "NEW Disney DVD exclusives". Or if you go through All -> DVD Exclusives, it's the top two items there.

I went there, but I don't see it. Maybe I have to get an account and log in...

Here's the first look at Disney's love letter to Japan, Big Hero 6:

922345_10151437950820954_1246420821_o.jpg

Looks gorgeous.

jwk94

I just checked mine.

1: BR 3D
2: BR Feature
3: BR Bonus
4: DVD Feature
5: Digital Copy

I agree that it's complete fucking bullshit to waste a DVD with the digital copy. I recently went through all my BRs and put all the digital copies onto my new iMac but because it doesn't have a damn DVD drive and I don't know where my old USB drive is, I couldn't put any of my Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks movies on. Fuckers.

Guess I'll just grab the two-disc version then. Thanks!

Top Bottom