• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blu-Ray.com has Hercules dated at June 10th. This might be tentative, but Disney did release a batch of Blus that week last year. We might deduce that Tarzan's release would be around the same time.

Aladdin is 100% going to be a Diamond release, meaning either a Spring or Fall release based on the past pattern. No one knows whether they'll do another Diamond besides Sleeping Beauty this fall, since this is their first Blu to be removed from the vault.

With Hercules and Tarzan announced--well, sort of--the only remaining mainline titles in the US to not be announced are 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin, and the package films from the 40s.
I keep thinking they'll want to do Aladdin as a way of promoting the Broadway version, yet it never happens. I don't get it.

Also isn't Black Cauldron not on Blu-ray?

Leeness

When will my Frozen come...? I think it's lost or something.

XjYPRoO.png

Not yet, but a Blu-Ray release was revealed before Tarzan/Hercules, so we know it'll be Spring or Summer.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96123757&postcount=4540
Neat!

Yeah, it's pretty gross.

Not Disney, but I picked up the Blu-ray of Anastasia and it has a similarly bad cover where the characters look wretched.
I feel like animated, pre-CGI, non-Disney movies get this the worst. Mainly because they get picked up by distributors who don't give a shit.

Secret of Nimh

Movie poster
the-secret-of-nimh-movie-poster-1982-1020230374.jpg

DVD cover
51B8%2BqmDBDL._SS500_.jpg

Thief and the Cobbler

It makes you wonder if their artists ever even watched these movies.

Chairhome

Not surprised, but i wonder how well the re- release , that is rumored for october this year, will sell.
Grain of salt, but I have a relative on facebook who had a status about the Frozen home release, and a friend of his commented saying that he worked on it and they're saving a lot of special features for the 3D release (which kind of makes sense?). I will probably be double-dipping cause my kids love the movie so much.
When will my Frozen come...? I think it's lost or something.

XjYPRoO.png

Mine didn't end up coming till Monday. My daughter's teacher also ordered from DMC and she got her copy last Monday :-/.

Many people like myself have just gotten around to buying 3D TVs recently. I'm buying up all the 3D BDs I can.

Yeah now that the prices are coming down it's a nice extra feature.

Plus there are still movies (mostly animated) that use the effect nicely, such as Frozen and The Lego Movie, so for me at least it isn't dead yet. I never got to see Tangled in 3D which really bums me out, but I have the 3D Edition BluRay so I'm still looking forward to getting a 3D HDTV.

Dantis

Hey guys, does anyone know if the Frozen Blue Ray is region free? Seems that the UK release doesn't have any special features.

No slip cover from Amazon for the 3D version, this happened before with Wreck-it Ralph. I'm returning mine and I bought one from a shop so I could be sure I'd get a slip.

No, they haven't and don't appear to be releasing any of the Winnie the Pooh films on Blu-ray over here, so Winnie the Pooh should be 51, Wreck-it Ralph 52 and Frozen should be 53.

This is the main reason as someone living in the UK a fair few of my Disney Blu-rays are American imports, since we missed out on The Little Mermaid 3D, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh and quite a few others.

I do like the cover of the UK Frozen, it's all embossed too.

7WdppF7.jpg

They need to re-release all Walt Disney treasures in Blu-ray. The prices for the DVDs are outrageous!

Not only that but the final Donald set was an INSANELY small run that came out of nowhere and was gone in like, no time. So I have the other 3 but not the last one. Fuck you Disney FUCK YOU

Top Bottom