• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Current accepted theory on amount of missions;
  • 12 main story missions
  • 10 missions / wing
  • All side/minor missions
  • Events

Edit:

In GamaSutra's defence that is legit press release from Ubisoft with very specific language used, that is different from language used on official website.

Interesting.

So we get SP/COOP as first DLC and PVP as the next.

Is the last a mix? :p

Did you bother to click his link? It's a press release from Ubisoft pulled from GamesPress.com, which is an exclusive site for Games Press .

I did. I just started reading from the Bold London part.

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

is printed over, so my oversight.

Not sure if I like possibility of DLC packs catering only to one style of playing at the time. In my eyes it would decrease value of DLC packs / Season Pass, and I think they should provide content for all play styles and preferences.
  • 1st DLC is horde mode co-op stuff for PvE oriented people
  • 2nd DLC is all about DZ PvEvP experience that most likely will cater to PvP oriented people
  • 3rd DLC is still ???

Edit:

I wouldn't be surprised if 2nd DLC locked its best gear behind doing map wide PvEvP. Need put in that leverage to get all into that shit.

Keep in mind all we have to go off of right now is a brief snippet of what's in the pack. I would assume/hope there would be a bit more to each pack.

Maddanth

Nope, the only way to turn him off / down is to turn down the Dialogue volume in the settings options... Unfortunately, that also turns off / down all dialogue.

Well he did the opposite, because now I am def and have no idea when I am getting shot at or where from.
Lol

Kane1345

Good point. Flying Turret. :D

I still want the option to stick Turrets to walls or ceilings.

I was really disappointed when I realised this couldn't happen. I'm hoping that gets changed some time down the line. I do like that you can stick it on the stationary shield though, thats cool.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I was really disappointed when I realised this couldn't happen. I'm hoping that gets changed some time down the line. I do like that you can stick it on the stationary shield though, thats cool.

Yeah i tried to throw my turret at walls in the DZ but it never stuck to it :(

Was hoping they could :D

despire

Interesting.

So we get SP/COOP as first DLC and PVP as the next.

Is the last a mix? :p

I did. I just started reading from the Bold London part.

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

is printed over, so my oversight.

Do we know if it's indeed SP DLC as well?

Tovarisc

Do we know if it's indeed SP DLC as well?

• Expansion I: Underground
This first major expansion opens a new territory to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.

• Expansion II: Survival
In this expansion, the whole map turns into a Dark Zone for a hardcore multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information.

• Expansion III: Last Stand
Stay tuned for more information.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...IONtrade_POSTLAUNCH_PLANS_AND_SEASON_PASS.php

Descriptions sound like 1st DLC is very PvE heavy in focus while 2nd is heavy with PvEvP focus.

bones123

This first major expansion opens a new territory to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.

In this expansion, the whole map turns into a Dark Zone for a hardcore multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...IONtrade_POSTLAUNCH_PLANS_AND_SEASON_PASS.php

Descriptions sound like 1st DLC is very PvE heavy in focus while 2nd is heavy with PvEvP focus.

Oh god, I'm getting really harsh Destiny vibes. I've been burned by these promises one too many times.

ryanofcall

� Expansion II: Survival
In this expansion, the whole map turns into a Dark Zone for a hardcore multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information

Oh, I knew I read that somewhere! So it wasn't just a rumour that there will be a whole map DZ mode, like some people thought earlier today.

Axial

Ugh, please no. Wasn't the bigger part of the city surrounding the DZ supposed to be strictly PvE only and offlimits for PvP crap? Why have a Dark Zone in the first place then? Hope this 'hardcore multiplayer experience' is only going to apply for people who purchase that particular DLC.

J_Viper

Sounds like it may be wiser for solo players to only buy the first and final expansions.

An entire DLC slot dedicated to DZ content sounds kinda lame.

Ugh, please no. Wasn't the bigger part of the city surrounding the DZ supposed to be strictly PvE only and offlimits for PvP crap? Why have a Dark Zone in the first place then? Hope this 'hardcore multiplayer experience' is only going to apply for people who purchase that particular DLC.

I'm not sure why people think this will just flip the PvE area to PvP whether they like it or not. Odds are you'll be able to choose.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Don't be ridiculous, of course you'll be able to choose. They're not that crazy xD

Klyka

Banned

The moment a single person in the world purchases that DLC, it will IMMEDIATELY turn your comfy carebear city into a gank and grief infested hardcore PvP hellhole

giphy.gif

Tovarisc

The moment a single person in the world purchases that DLC, it will IMMEDIATELY turn your comfy carebear city into a gank and grief infested hardcore PvP hellhole

I wonder if rogues will grow some balls in full rease and actually go for being rogues right into your face, instead of trying to do some pathetic shooting to the back. Nothing "hardcore PvP" about players who do that stuff.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I wonder if rogues will grow some balls in full rease and actually go for being rogues right into your face, instead of trying to do some pathetic shooting to the back. Nothing "hardcore PvP" about players who do that stuff.

Thats a hardcore tactic bro!

finalflame

But it was a lot of fun downing 5 people bunched together trying to extract with a grenade, sticky bomb, and a few shots from my M4.

I doubt that'll be prevalent at higher level play in the main game, though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

5AwR3.gif

Bring on the babby tears.

You obviously didn't play with or against me.

Klyka

Banned

Playing the Division "hardcore" means that when your mask filter runs out you infect yourself with smallpox in real life

Oh hell yes!

k1t4j

This game is looking really good, but be still my beating heart can this be an Ubi game that will not disappoint me?

I hope some of you gaffers play on the Xbox One, because the game should be pretty awesome with some "friends".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom