• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
kdZXw.gif

I didn't look at the stats for the purple/legendary weapons very closely. Besides their talents and damage, are the other attributes improved, e.g. stability, range, mag size? If not I feel like that's kind of a damn shame.

I didn't get to play either Beta and I don't usually troll in games but why does the Dark Zone make me want to be a little pest in this game?

Klyka

Banned
I wonder how far the game will go with actually showing some fucked up stuff.

So far,everything has been very "elegant". Like,body bags and such.

Like,imagine having to defend a hospital wing against the cleaners and they just walk around with their flamethrowers setting poeple in sickbeds on fire.

Prooooobably a bit much for a video game

Raide

I didn't look at the stats for the purple/legendary weapons very closely. Besides their talents and damage, are the other attributes improved, e.g. stability, range, mag size? If not I feel like that's kind of a damn shame.

I think there is also a Min/Max side of things. Identical items could have a slightly higher rolled DMG, giving players a reason to replace like for like. I am guessing BIS items are also like this. Much of the extra part of the weapons will come through attachments.

Like,imagine having to defend a hospital wing against the cleaners and they just walk around with their flamethrowers setting poeple in sickbeds on fire.

Well...the Cleaner mission during the beta was pretty messed up. Row after row of corpses in pits. Contaminated zones with Cleaners roaming around. You already know what they did...

Tecnniqe

Banned

We need to go deeper

Sibylus

Banned
Yup... not zombies doesnt mean not sick people infected with some engineered strain of smallpox or some other "thing". As long as they're not the simple zombie... i'm super ok with it. The enemy diversity def needs a boost. Something other than humans would be fun to go up against.
It's right there if Massive wants to make use of it: give little bonuses for killing and collecting rats (they're natural disease carriers, natural sample material), culling rabid and potentially diseased dogs, cats, and birds, etc.

One of the echoes featured Cleaners burning alive a man and a woman in their car. That screaming...

Raide

It's right there if Massive wants to make use of it: give little bonuses for killing and collecting rats (they're natural disease carriers, natural sample material), culling rabid and potentially diseased dogs, cats, and birds, etc.

One of the echoes featured Cleaners burning alive a man and a woman in their car. That screaming...

I had headphones on for that one I think.

Also, roaming around the abandoned blocks of flats and seeing into the rooms, is a little disturbing. Just something about the empty rooms, a wheelchair, or a baby's cot and then Contamination bags etc dotted around. Some thought provoking stuff if you wander around and pay enough attention. I just hope massive has much more of this tied into the overall story.

Tovarisc

I think there is also a Min/Max side of things. Identical items could have a slightly higher rolled DMG, giving players a reason to replace like for like. I am guessing BIS items are also like this. Much of the extra part of the weapons will come through attachments.

Well...the Cleaner mission during the beta was pretty messed up. Row after row of corpses in pits. Contaminated zones with Cleaners roaming around. You already know what they did...

Yep, I can imagine it will take a while to get your favorite weapon in orange quality with best damage roll and right perks. Then you can start praying at altar of RNGeesus for those best roll attachments for said weapon.

Then do that again for armor and armor mods :D

Getting best gear and min max it will take a while.

On fucked up shit, IGN First videos show that one mission that has us preventing fucked up shit from going down. Also now that Deadpool happened one can't be sure what entertainment industries will and will not do :D

A few trailers have shown JTF members being hung and shot in the head. I assume that's part of some of the mission narratives.

NH Apache

Banned

No Russian

How would people feel about later down the road having variations on the Dark Zone? A battle royale style where players could oped-in to enter with no gear, sidearm only. All the gear would have to be pickups or drops. One life, top three players who survive the longest get a nice reward. Similar to H1Z1 without the jank.

Raide

How would people feel about later down the road having variations on the Dark Zone? A battle royale style where players could oped-in to enter with no gear, sidearm only. All the gear would have to be pickups or drops. One life, top three players who survive the longest get a nice reward. Similar to H1Z1 without the jank.

I think they should have tactically designed modes for 4v4 etc. Like a Division training grounds. Just for pure varieties sake.

Maybe having a mode where its 4v4, players enter in a sealed room and they can pick from a few loads-outs. Then the door opens and the two teams fight with the same sets of gear, so its more skill/team tactics based.

Tovarisc

Yet another video claiming that 2nd DLC will turn whole map into DZ and even has "developer quote" confirming it. Fishy part is that maker of video don't bother providing his source for that quote or even mention if source wanted to say anonymous. Finding these 2nd DLC rumors hard to believe when it's just "Trust me bro, even when I don't give any sources" level of information spreading.

https://youtu.be/6v4IWiCack8?t=246

Edit:
I don't know if this has been posted but please fix this glitch Massive. Thanks

I used that glitch to explore along red border, saw some shit; http://imgur.com/a/rqt4g

WavyStretch

Neo Member

I'm hoping the Survival DLC consists of 2 things;

1. Player VS AI horde style mode. Scaled for between 1-8 players.
2. Battle Royale PvP. 24 player with solo, 2s and 4s. Imagine 6 teams of 4 going HAM in central park.

Kane1345

Yet another video claiming that 2nd DLC will turn whole map into DZ and even has "developer quote" confirming it. Fishy part is that maker of video don't bother providing his source for that quote or even mention if source wanted to say anonymous. Finding these 2nd DLC rumors hard to believe when it's just "Trust me bro, even when I don't give any sources" level of information spreading.

https://youtu.be/6v4IWiCack8?t=246

Edit:

I used that glitch to explore along red border, saw some shit; http://imgur.com/a/rqt4g

Second day of beta I got downed when I was standing behind a wall with no players near me. I was just getting shot and I had no idea from where. I'm now thinking this has something to do with it :p

Tovarisc

Second day of beta I got downed when I was standing behind a wall with no players near me. I was just getting shot and I had no idea from where. I'm now thinking this has something to do with it :p

That most likely was just invisible player, provided to you by Parkour & Decync - Partners in Invisibility. If you had parkour mode enabled on PC you could replicate desync quite easily and often, just run over shit.

Loved what I played and hope it has enough variety / depth to keep me interested for a while. I am on the fence about going with the GOLD version. While I primarily play on PS4 I will be getting The Division on Xbone because I have 1 friend who doesn't have one so we are all getting it to play with him. I'm a bit tentative because if the game is as good as it seems and (I enjoy the way I THINK) I will likely buy it on both so I can also play with some friends on PS4. Anyway, I am not sure which console I will want to commit long term to and honestly I don't even know if the game will have a "Long Term" from what I know. I am hopeful, and everything sounds like it is trending well but it is still a leap of faith.

So $40 now just to hope the game offers enough for me to stay interested and the chance I commit to the wrong console version.

Or $40 later when I know for sure. but lose out on preorder bonus stuff (Which isn't that exciting from what I have seen)

Decisions, Decisions....

inki

I had headphones on for that one I think.

Also, roaming around the abandoned blocks of flats and seeing into the rooms, is a little disturbing. Just something about the empty rooms, a wheelchair, or a baby's cot and then Contamination bags etc dotted around. Some thought provoking stuff if you wander around and pay enough attention. I just hope massive has much more of this tied into the overall story.

I was running on an overpass walkway between some buildings and I heard a woman singing "Hush Little Baby" but she was choking up and crying while singing it, like she was singing it to her (dead?) dying baby. It was just soul crushing.

I wasn't fond of the game in the closed beta, but I gave it another shot in the open beta and now I'm conflicted. I'm primarily interested in this game in that it's something to entertain me until Destiny's expansion drops. However, Destiny has almost ruined every other shooting game for me. It just feels so good shooting shit in Destiny and the raids are awesome. The Division has already surpassed Destiny in terms of matchmaking, but I am worried about end game content.

So what's the endgame content here? Just dark zone or there are raids/dungeons to farm good gear? Or there are pvp bgs to earn gear? Also is there a way to decorate/ upgrade your housing? I always found it interesting in this game that they tied leveling to upgrading wings in your house. A different way to use the housing system in MMOs. Rather than it being a just storage.

SomTervo

I highly dbout there's anything even close to the level of a Destiny raid.

Yeah, but fuck everything else in Destiny. The countless hours of grinding isn't worth one really good (and very hard) level.

I hugely prefer The Division's approach of each smaller encounter being of high quality, rather than every small encounter being shit with super-rare special encounters being high quality.

Tovarisc

Yeah at the 40 second mark that was kind of like it, it was longer in the game though. But the end was the same (Couldn't hear the baby though, was in chat).

I like it how in Division they shock you and crush you with stuff like that mother crying while singing or just piles of sealed polymer caskets or remains of first responder infrastructure instead of using gore etc. as shocking tool.

It's okay, just show me on this agent doll where he touched you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom