• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosdl

Are reviews for the division going to come out before launch? Is there an embargo?

Being an online game I wonder if reviewers are going to wait to see how the servers do.

During the open beta I did run into several GUEST_RANDOMNUMBERS players, I wonder if Ubi did a press event or something (or I ran into people with weird names).

Deku Tree

I don't care about reviews :( Played the beta :(

I liked the first mission. Found the second to be boring.

I would like to know how much content is in the main game, and whether it has end game PvE that is more than DZ. can't get that info from the beta.

bjaelke

ktc-102_1.gif

So many missions.
Are reviews for the division going to come out before launch? Is there an embargo?

Embargo hasn't been communicated by Ubisoft yet.

Yet another video claiming that 2nd DLC will turn whole map into DZ and even has "developer quote" confirming it. Fishy part is that maker of video don't bother providing his source for that quote or even mention if source wanted to say anonymous. Finding these 2nd DLC rumors hard to believe when it's just "Trust me bro, even when I don't give any sources" level of information spreading.

https://youtu.be/6v4IWiCack8?t=246

Edit:

I used that glitch to explore along red border, saw some shit; http://imgur.com/a/rqt4g

This is actually true. It took me a bit, but eventually I tracked down that it was announced in a press release by Ubisoft that you can find a copy of here.

The announcer was too damn loud... "NOW ENTERING A CONTAMINATED AREA!"

Agreed can we have this person turned off? Like damn do this for the very first time but I think everyone knows they are entering that zone. Also I hate when you get out of a checkpoint your mini map and other useful info like player names aren't shown.

Tovarisc

This is actually true. It took me a bit, but eventually I tracked down that it was announced in a press release by Ubisoft that you can find a copy of here.

Doing the work, great find. Interesting how official press release has so different language than on Division homesite where they promote season pass.

Thanks!

deoee

Surveys are out - email!

Welcome Agent,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience with Tom Clancy's THE DIVISION Beta.

We value your feedback. There are no right or wrong answers, so be as honest and accurate as possible. Your opinion is crucial to help us improve Tom Clancy's The Division.

This should take around 8 minutes to complete.

Thank you!

The Division Team

Surveys are out - email!

Welcome Agent,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience with Tom Clancy's THE DIVISION Beta.

We value your feedback. There are no right or wrong answers, so be as honest and accurate as possible. Your opinion is crucial to help us improve Tom Clancy's The Division.

This should take around 8 minutes to complete.

Thank you!

The Division Team
I don't have it yet
You lieeeeeeeeeeeeee

Se_7_eN

Agreed can we have this person turned off? Like damn do this for the very first time but I think everyone knows they are entering that zone. Also I hate when you get out of a checkpoint your mini map and other useful info like player names aren't shown.

Nope, the only way to turn him off / down is to turn down the Dialogue volume in the settings options... Unfortunately, that also turns off / down all dialogue.

Garrus just wants you to be safe

Well he did the opposite, because now I am def and have no idea when I am getting shot at or where from.

Raide

Does anyone know if this game will have the equivalent of dailies? The situation board seems to imply so.

There seemed to be quests to do during the beta, so I am guessing they have the Daily/Challenge thing mixed. No doubt they will have some Daily ops that involve collecting/delivering something for the base.

Helznicht

Having servers where the whole map as a DZ and others as Vanilla Division is a horrible idea. It will divide the user base, PvP guys will only play on DZ servers and others will play on vanilla, where the whole point of a DZ is lost as all the aggressive players will have left.

Give us an option to load a full map DZ mode for those of us more into the PvPvE aspect.

So then there's the Normal Server + Normal DZ Server then there's the Whole map DZ Server... then you've got to populate them differently with the PvE Normal Server having X player cap (somewhere between 4-8 for raids or whatever), then you've got to populate the Whole Map DZ servers with more than 24 people cap because otherwise there's legitimate possibilities that you never come across opposing players...

"Give us the option" is not a good idea for this.

Tovarisc

Not sure if I like possibility of DLC packs catering only to one style of playing at the time. In my eyes it would decrease value of DLC packs / Season Pass, and I think they should provide content for all play styles and preferences.
  • 1st DLC is horde mode co-op stuff for PvE oriented people
  • 2nd DLC is all about DZ PvEvP experience that most likely will cater to PvP oriented people
  • 3rd DLC is still ???

Edit:
Having servers where the whole map as a DZ and others as Vanilla Division is a horrible idea. It will divide the user base, PvP guys will only play on DZ servers and others will play on vanilla, where the whole point of a DZ is lost as all the aggressive players will have left.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2nd DLC locked its best gear behind doing map wide PvEvP. Need put in that leverage to get all into that shit.

Tovarisc

What? Is this real? I need a bigger gif/pic.
Current accepted theory on amount of missions;
  • 12 main story missions
  • 10 missions / wing
  • All side/minor missions
  • Events

Edit:
Games media jumps on everything.

Ive still yet to see a official source confirm any of this whole map thing.

In GamaSutra's defence that is legit press release from Ubisoft with very specific language used, that is different from language used on official website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom