• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
PW4DmKj.jpg

cripterion

Surely, in theory, there are still people in need somewhere in the Dark Zone? It's only dark in terms of the Division's scanners?

The term is "pejorative"

Honestly - that is how I felt playing the Division. I totally get it if you didn't feel that way. But I spent 7 hours with the Division Beta in singleplayer and was hankering for more. By hour 6 of Destiny I was tired of it and had essentially seen everything it could offer (except the Raid which was an insulting amount of grind away). (And I kept playing Destiny for another 10-20 hours in the hopes it would improve but it never did.) I'm not just talking about actual content but gameplay mechanics and simulation/exploration.

Even once I finished all the Div Beta's singleplayer content, I was still content to roam the city and just get in fights with fools, and help randos for more apparel, or explore houses, and dip a little into the Dark Zone, though the fast pace doesn't gel as well with me.

In Destiny, once I finished the missions, I was done with it. There was no appeal. I never went back. The Division is far stronger from a top-down design perspective, I think.

I'm battling with responsive design at work for the first time this week D:

Fair enough. I thought you literally meant that the beta had more SP content than full game Destiny.
I kinda feel the same way as you though, the game is more engaging and what was there was more memorable to me that what I did in Destiny. I just hope the story missions are bigger and badder than the tech missions cause the medical mission is really short, takes about 7 minutes or less with a good group.

Lima

Looking at that lvl 27 video it assures me that stacking health on kill armor will be the way to go in the DZ. Since it is a percentage it will be absolutely insane how much health you can get back. Rogue for days.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Evolved1

I'm just saying, based on the current customization options, the operator that would make the most sense would be Ash. You could just do some pallet swaps on already existing gear and replicate her very well. If they actually did her vest too, that'd be a perfect swap.

She's also FBI which imo fits the outfit themes. People might not know who Ash is, but everyone knows the FBI.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm just saying, based on the current customization options, the operator that would make the most sense would be Ash. You could just do some pallet swaps on already existing gear and replicate her very well. If they actually did her vest too, that'd be a perfect swap.

She's also FBI which imo fits the outfit themes. People might not know who Ash is, but everyone knows the FBI.

As long as the F
orest
B
illing
I
nvestigators
have riot shields (see-thru) so i can smash people with it and get it super bloody im fine with it!

Nokterian

Hmmm, I wouldn't say best, but it's up there for sure. I think it has the best lighting engine though, that much we can agree on.

To me going in this year it is the best looking game to me the amount of detail is just mindblowing and the lightning is indeed amazing but also seeing all the bells and whistles on PC makes me happy i am buying it on there.

If its looks anything like the Siege Operators, it'll be better than most outfits in The Division :)

This is exactly what i was going to say lol.

If i had to pick... i'd want something from the SAS group. Slim fitting, dark, tactical harnesses and body armor.... and those ominous looking, black gas masks. Would work perfectly!

Give me a Mute or Thatcher skin/outfit and i'll rock that and only that!

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is exactly what i was going to say lol.

If i had to pick... i'd want something from the SAS group. Slim fitting, dark, tactical harnesses and body armor.... and those ominous looking, black gas masks. Would work perfectly!

Quiet guy got the coolest mask!

Really want that as a mask upgrade for DZ and stuff :D

Evolved1

But every single special outfit so far has been: a ballcap, coat, pants, etc.

No masks.

Btw Ash uses a primary weapon that's already in the Division. And has an awesome stars n' stripes weapon skin.

It's happening fellas, just accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom