• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
But every single special outfit so far has been: a ballcap, coat, pants, etc.

No masks.

Btw Ash uses a primary weapon that's already in the Division. And has an awesome stars n' stripes weapon skin.

It's happening fellas, just accept it.

image.php

bias tho

But every single special outfit so far has been: a ballcap, coat, pants, etc.

No masks.

Btw Ash uses a primary weapon that's already in the Division. And has an awesome stars n' stripes weapon skin.

It's happening fellas, just accept it.

Nothing special about ash looks wise. Shes got a hat and some shades? I dont think that's unique enough... but who knows. You could be right and it will be some outfit that you'd never know was from RS:S unless someone told you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Actually my favorite character is IQ. (those purple kicks) But I realize the ballistic helmet would require way more work than putting "FBI" on something already in the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Actually my favorite character is IQ. (those purple kicks) But I realize the ballistic helmet would require way more work than putting "FBI" on something already in the game.

:)

My character is IQ too!

For the few hours ive played that game (Do love it but so boring alone, also TH FTW) I've selected IQ as fast as i could!

GERMAN BEAST LADY!

Frozone

Didn't like this beta at all. Graphics were unimpressive and the lack of story elements just didn't push me to go further. I think I'll pass on this one or at the very least wait for reviews.

Moonkeis

Well, got my preorder in on PS4 for the Gold Edition, looking forward to the release. This game wasn't on my radar until the beta.

T.O.P

Banned
Didn't like this beta at all. Graphics were unimpressive and the lack of story elements just didn't push me to go further. I think I'll pass on this one or at the very least wait for reviews.
On wich platform? This is one of the best looking games out there for me, at least the PC version

Tecnniqe

Banned

Mmmm yes. It'll be in the range of 6-9 since its IGN and Ubisoft.

That a good enough score?

What is good enough?

2 weeks out and still don't know anything about end game content? I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be disappointed.

expectaitons, check them.

Did you enjoy the beta?

I put 40 hours into both betas.. If the game is 12-15 mission with side missions and dark zone I will get my $80 dollars worth.

_woLf

Has Ubisoft said anything about balancing the risk/reward while rogue better?

I feel like there is absolutely no incentive to go rogue except to be a jerk to people. I went rogue in the beta, killed like 5 people, and ended up still losing a TON of XP when I died.

Right now, the bigger bonus is to hunt people who are rogue, and try and get people to go rogue by jumping in front of their bullets. .

Tovarisc

2 weeks out and still don't know anything about end game content? I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be disappointed.

At end of latest IGN First video, as developer finishes off hard mission, he says this is hard, but not as hard as their planned end game content. Doing stuff like level 27 missions on hard is good ramp up towards end game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/02/24/the-division-a-level-27-character-tour-ign-first

Edit:

I feel like there is absolutely no incentive to go rogue except to be a jerk to people. I went rogue in the beta, killed like 5 people, and ended up still losing a TON of XP when I died.

Right now, the bigger bonus is to hunt people who are rogue, and try and get people to go rogue by jumping in front of their bullets. .

Stealing DZ keys, money and possibility of stealing high-end gear isn't reward enough? wot?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Going Rogue is supposed to be a penalty, however staying alive as a rogue grants big DZ bucks.

In the OB i made like 15k DZ bucks from 5 manhunts alone.

_woLf

At end of latest IGN First video, as developer finishes off hard mission, he says this is hard, but not as hard as their planned end game content. Doing stuff like level 27 missions on hard is good ramp up towards end game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/02/24/the-division-a-level-27-character-tour-ign-first

Edit:

Stealing DZ keys, money and possibility of stealing high-end gear isn't reward enough? wot?

But the timer for going rogue gets higher and higher as you kill/defend yourself more. Given that people can just keep throwing bodies at you, how are you realistically expected to survive the timer? Or is there another way of leaving rogue status that I'm not aware of?

But the timer for going rogue gets higher and higher as you kill/defend yourself more. Given that people can just keep throwing bodies at you, how are you realistically expected to survive the timer? Or is there another way of leaving rogue status that I'm not aware of?
If you don't shoot back, the timer only pauses, not refreshes, so it's fine if people shoot at you as long as you don't shoot at them

Klyka

Banned

"muh endgame"

my favorite buzzword of the last couple years.

"I played the game for 100 hours and did all the content in it but now there is no magical endless endgame that will make me play forever, what a waste of money!"

Hate that thinking so much.

Play a game if it's fun. Stop playing a game if it's not fun. Buy a game if you want it,don't buy it if you don't.

Fucking endgame

_woLf

If you don't shoot back, the timer only pauses, not refreshes, so it's fine if people shoot at you as long as you don't shoot at them

That just seems incredibly unrealistic in that the maps aren't really big enough compared to how many places people can respawn to make it out alive if you can't even defend yourself. Is the only way to exit rogue state to run the timer out..?

Tecnniqe

Banned
"muh endgame"

"I played the game for 100 hours and did all the content in it but now there is no magical endless endgame that will make me play forever, what a waste of money!"

Play a game if it's fun. Stop playing a game if it's not fun. Buy a game if you want it,don't buy it if you don't.

Fucking endgame

MUH BULLETSPONGE!

Archpath1

Since graffiti is on most of buildings, it would be cool if you can create a graffiti tag of your own or premade ones , kill a rogue or agent tag the wall with a design lol

Klyka

Banned
That just seems incredibly unrealistic in that the maps aren't really big enough compared to how many places people can respawn to make it out alive if you can't even defend yourself. Is the only way to exit rogue state to run the timer out..?

the dark Zone in the full game is three times as big as in the beta and will have 24 People spread out across it.
there will be NPCs everywhere as well.

I am pretty sure a rogue will have a lot of Options of escaping his pursuers and using NPCs to slow them down.

Tovarisc

I survived few max rank manhunts in both betas by just running, and running. With whole god damn server chasing me. Surviving it will be even easier in full game when you have so much more area to run in.

I was able to escape Manhunts through running around the map and avoiding spawn areas. Seems like it'll be even harder in the retail game due to the balancing and level brackets.

So the game is supposed to cater to you being an ass and stealing people's shit?...

"muh endgame"

Fucking endgame

Take it to the extreme. Relax.

deoee

The final map is 3x the size so I guess you'll have plenty of room. Plus iirc the wall hack against rogues has a limited range.

Portman

I was doing the intel stuff on the website last night and got the group identification one wrong. Does anyone know if it lets you redo them to access the goodies for download/view or does it leave it locked (it was locked whenever I refried last night)?

_woLf

So the game is supposed to cater to you being an ass and stealing people's shit?...

Of course not, but I can't help but wonder if the risk is worth the reward in most cases.

the dark Zone in the full game is three times as big as in the beta and will have 24 People spread out across it.
there will be NPCs everywhere as well.

I am pretty sure a rogue will have a lot of Options of escaping his pursuers and using NPCs to slow them down.

This is interesting to me, as I thought it was 24 players per area and you'd be re-matched with people every time you zoned into a new area.

If it's 24 players across ALL of the Dark Zone areas, that will be rather interesting.

Lima

Of course not, but I can't help but wonder if the risk is worth the reward in most cases.

This is interesting to me, as I thought it was 24 players per area and you'd be re-matched with people every time you zoned into a new area.

If it's 24 players across ALL of the Dark Zone areas, that will be rather interesting.

Lol 24 per zone would be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Klyka

Banned

It's what the devs said. Meeting other Players is supposed to be rare and the Chance is supposed to be greatly enhanced when you extract because People congregate at extraction sites

I guess it would depend on the person you are. Do you want a quick but a risky way to get some more money or loot. The option is open. If not then watch your back.

Going rogue and lasting grants you the loot you stole, credits, not sure if xp though.

Dying while rogue loses you xp and credits and the loot you stole.

It seems fair. There is always that player that wants to cut corners and time and get the "easy" money.

Klyka

Banned
I hope this doesn't become DayZ-esque where you'll only see a handful of people after a long time of walking.

Damn.

remember that not only is the map a lot smaller than DayZs oversized hellhole of a map but it also has the same Kind of Locations (the landmarks, contaminated zones, safehouses and extraction zones) that will automatically have People come together there.

People go to landmarks to kill NPCs. Go into contaminated zones to grab chests. Go to extraction sites to extract, etc...

The Chance of randomly rounding a Corner and being face to face with someone is low, but the Chance to meet People at hot spots is a LOT higher, adding to surprise for the first and Tension for the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom