• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portman

Anybody else buying the New York Survival Guide? Looks a bit like the collector's book from Destiny: TTK

I saw it and the art book yesterday and ordered them both. Realized what the survival guide was afterwards and am extra excited for it now. Have always liked stuff like that with notes and stuff like the old feelies from games in them.

I saw it and the art book yesterday and ordered them both. Realized what the survival guide was afterwards and am extra excited for it now. Have always liked stuff like that with notes and stuff like the old feelies from games in them.

Mind linking to the art book

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Well shit...I am going to be gone the week of release. Guess I will be severely behind everyone here.

Oh and did they ever say if there was going to be a trade mechanic with other players?

lt519

Well shit...I am going to be gone the week of release. Guess I will be severely behind everyone here.

Oh and did they ever say if there was going to be a trade mechanic with other players?

Not me! I'll be gone for two weeks, but will bring my ps4 with me for an hour a night or so. I'll keep an eye on the thread we'll cross level paths and can join up at some point. Saturday night after release and Sunday I'll be able to dig in but then I'll be gone for a whole week again.

Sassen

When the server can't stop you, you bring the fight to their front door.

tsK9fJS.gif

bebop242

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm debating about going with the standard release or the $100 version.

Is there any day 1 benefits having the Gold edition outside of costumes?

Have Ubisoft confirmed the DLC to be account locked?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Not me! I'll be gone for two weeks, but will bring my ps4 with me for an hour a night or so. I'll keep an eye on the thread we'll cross level paths and can join up at some point. Saturday night after release and Sunday I'll be able to dig in but then I'll be gone for a whole week again.
Cool beans!

Lima

Division OT obviously needs to reference one of the greatest Toten Hosen songs ever made.

Hey, hier kommt Alex.

D i Z

Word is there won't be one... at launch. I hope if they ever do implement one that it's limited to cosmetics and possibly crafting materials.

Portman

Mind linking to the art book

Sure thing. Glad to (hopefully) share my art book addiction with others.

The Art of Tom Clancy's The Division

Here is the New York Survival Guide that was mentioned too. Looks like it is a survival guide with notes written in it by someone in the city. It also says that it has items that are inside of the book that unlock the survivors story. Sounds like it will be a fun read to go along with the game and could be a good way to stay "in game" even when we take a break.

I've ordered both of those along with the Gold edition of the game (PC). Going to get the score too based on what I heard playing in the open beta.

SamuraiX-

Haven't seen that video until now. If that's the current state of the late game... it turns me off a little bit. Can't say what I actually expected but it doesn't look as thrilling as you would imagine. Then again, I only started feeling the same hype that I first felt back in 2013 with the game when I first got a chance to play it the beta.

This definitely seems to be one of the those rare games that's "meh" to watch but a lot more enjoyable to play.

Tovarisc

Haven't seen that video until now. If that's the current state of the late game... it turns me off a little bit. Can't say what I actually expected but it doesn't look as thrilling as you would imagine. Then again, I only started feeling the same hype that I first felt back in 2013 with the game when I first got a chance to play it the beta.

This definitely seems to be one of the those rare games that's "meh" to watch but a lot more enjoyable to play.

Level 27 is 3 levels shy from max level / end game tho, but at gameplay level I wouldn't expect it to change much when at max level.

J-Rzez

I don't post on reddit but someone should ask why the sight/scope view sucks so hard. I got a 15x police scope and it sucked as well. No where near realistic to scale. I'm not sure if it's to combat the limited player draw distance or what.

Tovarisc

I don't post on reddit but someone should ask why the sight/scope view sucks so hard. I got a 15x police scope and it sucked as well. No where near realistic to scale. I'm not sure if it's to combat the limited player draw distance or what.

Drawing distance is most likely reason for scopes being basically 1x across the board. Only thing that scope type [ACOG etc.] seems to affect is what kind stats can roll on it.

Anything that isn't professional red-dot or regular 12x/15x looking scope look like crap tho.

Tovarisc

As with pretty much all AMAs, I can't wait to hear about the dev team's favorite animals and ice-cream flavors, what other games they like, what colors of baseball cap are in the game, and a "we'll announce that later" for the more serious questions.

Assuming devs get to write answers in first place instead of PR intern.

PatDH

How much of a hassle is it to cancel a preorder on Xbox? Kinda want to cancel the standard version & upgrade to gold.
Really wish the Xbox store was a bit more competent so I could just buy the season pass separately or pay the difference between versions to upgrade to the gold edition.

Tecnniqe

Banned
When he's using the first aid skill towards the end, what's the green bar over the abilities? Is it some sort of overcharge that continues to heal as you take damage?

Edit: The Division is probably the most boring game to watch that's actually fun to play.
Eh I think it depends who you watch

m4st4

Man I'm really debating between this and Hitman. I really enjoyed both betas so it's going to make this a tough decision.

Hitman is not fully priced? Or is time more of an issue for you?

I'll probably start the month with this (cause buddies and beta) then occassionally boot Hitman.

Ubersnug

I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a strategy guide for The Division. Even though it will be obsolete by the time the games patched and first expansion comes out. But still, always love me a good, hardback strat guide.

Kabouter

Hard was really fun for the Madison Square Garden mission, Challenge mode should be pretty brutal.

The full game will have 3 different colorblind settings
Great news :)

The BoO will have a DZ Funds Vendor that allows you to convert regular funds into DZ funds (based on an exchange rate of course)
Also great news.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So some of the best gear comes via crafting and a vendor at BoO will let you exchange vanilla funds for DZ funds...

This game is such a breath of fresh air after Destiny's Mr. Burns approach to eveything.

Play how you want. That shoud be the division's motto.

deoee

Hard was really fun for the Madison Square Garden mission, Challenge mode should be pretty brutal.

Great news :)

Also great news.

Yup, can't wait for challenge mode, hard was really really fun for me :D

btw, how do you get a status under your nickname in GAF? =o

Kabouter

Yup, can't wait for challenge mode, hard was really really fun for me :D

btw, how do you get a status under your nickname in GAF? =o

As a moderator you can set a tag for yourself (but not for others), Nirolak (who is an admin and can set tags for anyone and use HTML stuff in them as well, which mods can't for their own) decided to adjust the tag I had set for myself with a colour. If you want a tag on GAF, you need to usually do something particularly stupid that is not grounds for a ban, and an admin may give you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom