• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Your gif makes the whole page lag for me

One of my favorite Dark Zone highlights from the Open Beta. The full game is gonna be amazing.

Video

This is awesom
image.php

legbone

Call me crazy but i'm playing a lot of diablo 3 on ps4 to get ready for the division's launch. I was watching IGN's preview that showed a high level agent and I started to get diablo with guns vibes that felt really good.

That New York Collapse video finally works in NA.

Glad I have mine pre-ordered it looks really cool. Closest I'm going to get to a collectors editions is my gold edition + New York Collapse.

Se_7_eN

Did anyone else feel like the announcer was out of place?

The warning of incoming hostiles not only sounds cheap and unfitting to the game but really takes away from the survival feeling and adds more of a "Kill, Kill, Kill!" attitude to it. On top of that, why isn't this guy warning me every time I approach a bad guy, or announce Rogue players to me in the DZ?

Tovarisc

Did anyone else feel like the announcer was out of place?

The warning of incoming hostiles not only sounds cheap and unfitting to the game but really takes away from the survival feeling and adds more of a "Kill, Kill, Kill!" attitude to it. On top of that, why isn't this guy warning me every time I approach a bad guy, or announce Rogue players to me in the DZ?

Don't be so hard on Garrus. On top of being our announcer for shit he has cannons of Normandy to calibrate constantly, that shit doesn't stay calibrated.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hope gear like packs, gloves, vests... that you can absorb the stats of better equipment so you can keep the appearance you like.

Anyone know anything about cheating in dark zones on pc? Is it bad or has it been fixed? I just built a new pc and want to switch my xbone preorder over but I remember lots of people saying PC version had rampant cheating. Is that legit?

It took me 3 minutes to build a cheat program with Cheat Engine that gave me infinite ammo in a single magazine and infinite grenades with no cooldowns, in both betas.

Its entirely possible that their anti-cheat programs just monitor people doing this and will not ban people until actual release, so I don't think its a huge thing to worry about right now. But its fairly trivial to cheat on PC from what I have seen.

I'm going to buy on PS4 (physical, no season pass), and if I really like the game I can always trade it in and rebuy on PC down the road. Plus with the game being bundled with nvidia cards I expect cheap codes to go up on eBay sooner or later.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why? This is what a workweek feels like.

4AWNbj5.gif

The 4th would have been better.

Sales figures are released the day before and people grew custom to it so they know when to look for new things.

Its been this way for 50 years by now (probably over-estimating)

Forsete

Really? Most games (and hardware) I've been looking forward to have been released on Fridays (which has resulted in nervousness regarding getting it in the mail on time, not having to wait over the weekend).

Very-very odd.

Call me crazy but i'm playing a lot of diablo 3 on ps4 to get ready for the division's launch. I was watching IGN's preview that showed a high level agent and I started to get diablo with guns vibes that felt really good.

Welp, I am sold. I am a huge fan of loot-grinding ( I have about 1,400 hours sunk into Diablo 3 across various characters ), and since this game seems to be a marriage of Destiny and Diablo 3, it's... Well... Perfect.

The bad thing is, though, that I have way, way too much games to play right now. So... I'm not sure if I'll get this at launch. But I'm getting it sooner or later, that's for sure.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really? Most games (and hardware) I've been looking forward to have been released on Fridays (which has resulted in nervousness regarding getting it in the mail on time, not having to wait over the weekend).

Very-very odd.

Mostly a American thing i think. Pretty sure Tuesday was a low selling day so thats why they did it, to keep the whole week up.

For UK its been Thursday and rest of EU on a Friday i think.

Probably low selling days combined with people getting paid, weekend coming up and so on and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom