• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

Yeah guys, I'd be careful. Hype trains were banned from what I remember and got threads closed. Mostly because of what's happening right now with the quoting

Jblanks

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

My name is Duraigo, and today I will be your conductor for your hype train.
My qualifications can be found here and here

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
  • The Deadline to get on the train is March 1st.
58VoiMH.jpg

Cleaner for me !

Zetty

Neo Member
ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
58VoiMH.jpg

Cleaner, please!

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Oh. I am the Police. Wait, I would like to be the Police.

Tovarisc

Yeah guys, I'd be careful. Hype trains were banned from what I remember and got threads closed. Mostly because of what's happening right now with the quoting

I kinda expect this thread to get locked quite soon because of that train. Anyways here is what I came to post;
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43ky6t/this_game_is_going_to_have_microtransactions/
And we know that Ubi Club says how Phoenix Credit is used to purchase high level equipment. Not looking so good as it suggests some level of P2W, but same time what Reddit poster was able to find through hacking may be very out dated information.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

I want on, Survivor template.

hydruxo

I kinda expect this thread to get locked quite soon because of that train. Anyways here is what I came to post;

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43ky6t/this_game_is_going_to_have_microtransactions/
And we know that Ubi Club says how Phoenix Credit is used to purchase high level equipment. Not looking so good as it suggests some level of P2W, but same time what Reddit poster was able to find through hacking may be very out dated information.

That description just makes it sound like it'll be essentially like Destiny's silver currency. I'm okay with microtransactions for emotes and cosmetics.

Tovarisc

That description just makes it sound like it'll be essentially like Destiny's silver currency. I'm okay with microtransactions for emotes and cosmetics.

Yeah, I'm game for 100% cosmetic stuff like Destiny. I will lose some of my shit if store sells any gear with stats or boosters.

I can see myself getting some bad ass vanity gear from store, emotes not so much.

mosdl

Yeah, I'm game for 100% cosmetic stuff like Destiny. I will lose some of my shit if store sells any gear with stats or boosters.

I can see myself getting some bad ass vanity gear from store, emotes not so much.

More likely they will sell xp/creds boosts for $, pretty normal stuff.

I'm up for buying some emotes! I don't mind spending money on random things like emotes or a cool jacket, especially on a game that I really enjoy playing.

Archpath1

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

I'll take paramedic, gotta keep Dem heals up

-50dkp for standing in fire

Kane1345

That place sometimes sigh.

I still think its token currency for doing challenge/raids. Way to fly off the handle without any info.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think it's good that reddit voices their opinion so loudly, it doesn't hurt anyone and it also puts pressure on the developer and publisher to give a real statement about it, is it now P2W or not? what will be P2W and how will it work? etc.

Kama_1082

Banned
What do you guys think is the split between PS4 and Xbox one? Had some GS credit and went to preorder PS4 gold but they closed preorders on it and had Xbox one available so I picked that up. Any X1 players in here?

Tovarisc

Wait did reddit lose their shit because of phoenix coins? Do we even know what the hell they are?

Some Reddit user did client side hacking during closed beta and enabled Phoenix Credit into his in-game UI.
p54YFMi.jpg

Description in uClub now states that said currency is used to purchase high level gear. Makes it look tad fishy, but Massive can come back from this by actually telling us what currency is used for etc.

Klyka

Banned
Some Reddit user did client side hacking during closed beta and enabled Phoenix Credit into his in-game UI.
p54YFMi.jpg

Description in uClub now states that said currency is used to purchase high level gear. Makes it look tad fishy, but Massive can come back from this by actually telling us what currency is used for etc.

Where is the info where that screenshot is from?
The guy who keeps throwing it around on reddit has provided ZERO source.

Also "Can be purchased with REAL MONEY" is definitely not a text you will find in a professionally made product.

Tovarisc

Where is the info where that screenshot is from?
The guy who keeps throwing it around on reddit has provided ZERO source.

Also "Can be purchased with REAL MONEY" is definitely not a text you will find in a professionally made product.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43ky6t/this_game_is_going_to_have_microtransactions/ apparently found it when doing client side hacks etc. Naturally take it with salt etc., but that was posted during closed beta so early implementation of Phoenix Credit may have been in with placeholder language.

SJRB

Gold Member
Massive has confirmed you can buy cosmetics and stuff via microtransactions ages ago.

Who fucking cares?

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Paramedic for me please

Klyka

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43ky6t/this_game_is_going_to_have_microtransactions/ apparently found it when doing client side hacks etc. Naturally take it with salt etc., but that was posted during closed beta so early implementation of Phoenix Credit may have been in with placeholder language.

1000 Stamina and only 2k health?

Guess from the client side hacks

Dumbest comment of the thread. Congrats.

Yo yo yo you wanna start something fam?

Tovarisc

Massive has confirmed you can buy cosmetics and stuff via microtransactions ages ago.

Who fucking cares?

People have issue with language in uClub description for Phoenix Credit. How according it said currency is used to purchase high level gear.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • The Deadline to get on the

• National Guard, fam

Woo-Fu

Banned
Can't really blame reddit for being suspicious about freemium content in a game you have to buy, particularly when it would appear that the publisher/developer is going out of their way to hide any and all information about it until *after* they have your money.

Given the track record of this industry do you really feel we should give any major publisher the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this?

Reddit could be completely wrong but I'd say where there is smoke there is---or will be---fire, sooner or later. :) Remains to be seen just how much in this case.

"Phoenix credits can be purchased for real money."

and

"Use Phoenix credits to buy high level equipment."

I mean, the conclusion one draws from seeing those two statements should be fairly obvious, you can buy high level gear in-game with real-world currency. Until there is a clearly worded, definitive statement from Ubisoft/Massive that directly addresses that flavor text which can be found in game and in Uplay people are going to be concerned about just how p2w the game can/will be.

oSoLucky

Right

circle jerk city over there.

Wait did reddit lose their shit because of phoenix coins? Do we even know what the hell they are?

Nope. Doesn't stop Reddit though lol.

Reddit does apparently, the jump ship pride rears its head.

NeoGAF isn't really any better with the "issues" that people get "concerned" over here in various games/circles. It happens in nearly any Internet group of gaming enthusiasts.

The same amount of shit was being flung all over the net when Destiny Silver was found out, and oh look, it's emotes.

Klyka

Banned
Can't really blame reddit for being suspicious about freemium content in a game you have to buy, particularly when it would appear that the publisher/developer is going out of their way to hide any and all information about it until *after* they have your money.

Given the track record of this industry do you really feel we should give any major publisher the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this?

Reddit could be completely wrong but I'd say where there is smoke there is---or will be---fire, sooner or later. :) Remains to be seen just how much in this case.

No one cares about microtransactions in games that are for cosmetics.

Reddit is crying "pay 2 win" saying you can buy "high level equipment".

I mean it does say that. They do need to clear whatever that wording means up.

Adds a pack of 30 Phoenix Credits to the Rewards Claim Vendor, use these to purchase high level equipment.

Though it's not like i really care.

Tovarisc

Mostly because it's literally what it says on uClub about Phoenix Credit. Officially introducing that currency by just casually dropping that shit in as uClub reward maybe isn't best play Ubi/Massive has done. Hopefully they push news article about it tomorrow.

Woo-Fu

Banned

"High level gear" isn't cosmetics. Cosmetics don't have levels. The only items with levels are weapons, gear, and mods. Your beanie can be worn at any level.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg
Put me in Hazmat please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom