• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
"High level gear" isn't cosmetics. Cosmetics don't have levels. The only items with levels are weapons, gear, and mods. Your beanie can be worn at any level.

did you...did you just lecture me on what "levels" mean?

i am off to bed,I might explode otherwise.

Peace out gents

Woo-Fu

Banned
did you...did you just lecture me on what "levels" mean?

i am off to bed,I might explode otherwise.

Peace out gents

Go ahead and explode. If you don't understand the logic behind "high level gear" can't be cosmetics because cosmetics don't even have levels then maybe you should sleep on it.

Now it could just be poorly worded or a bad translation, or whatever, but if one has a firm grasp of English there is an obvious conclusion to be drawn when considering the two statements. People are drawing that conclusion and getting worried. You're not, good for you.

And HEY! I bought the game today. :)

Gryph

Ah. We're trying to get the thread closed I see?

So we can all be put out on the street, to wander through the snow and hope that a kind Division member gives us a can of soda...

Aselith

"High level gear" isn't cosmetics. Cosmetics don't have levels. The only items with levels are weapons, gear, and mods. Your beanie can be worn at any level.

I believe the concern is more that there could be additional monetization for other stuff later.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I believe the concern is more that there could be additional monetization for other stuff later.

The concern isn't that there could be, the concern is that the two pieces of flavor text indicate that there already is. This isn't the same people worried about freemium content magically appearing in every game they play, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Tovarisc

So we can all be put out on the street, to wander through the snow and hope that a kind Division member gives us a can of soda...

You give him your pants for that soda and I give him this white quality backpack for energy bar, and we can share.

What the hell is the point of the Dark Zone if you can just pay to win. Makes no point from a design stand point. It would be idiocy of the highest level and would pretty much turn me off the game.

The store option might just be a dlc filter for psn kinda thing, a few games have had something like that before when it would just open the psn store with the game's addons and dlc.

or maybe it's orange guns for $50 and paid level ups

I'm not going to freak out until i see whats really going on.

Because you are right it would kill the DZ and the in-game, loot reward system.

Aren't 'hype trains' banned now? :(
Yup.
giphy.gif

Gryph

I bet you can buy the best purples for real money and there is no end game and the map is even smaller then they said and also Massive eats babies and dances naked in the moonlight with Satan.

I can't think of any other conclusion that could be drawn.

What the hell is the point of the Dark Zone if you can just pay to win. Makes no point from a design stand point. It would be idiocy of the highest level and would pretty much turn me off the game.
I don't see how P2W is in the game.

First the development team has said that the only micro transactions involved are for skins and cosmetic items.

Second the development team has done everything right to try and build up the good grace of the community. They made large positive changes from the closed beta to the open beta. Have been very engaged with streaming and have been largely transparent on the items they can speak about.

I don't see how they go from saying cosmetic items are the only items you'll have to pay for to now having a model in place where you purchase high end weaponry for cash. Doesn't fit.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It wasn't long enough ago that Ubisoft lied to me about Watch Dogs that I forgot about it, so I'm going to hold off and see what's up with this game before making a purchase.

hydruxo

I don't know, I think the Uplay club description might be a mistake. Maybe it was written by a Ubi employee who wasn't all that familiar with the game.

I just can't imagine Massive would be dumb enough to do any sort of P2W, especially considering they've already stated that they'd only do cosmetic/emote microtransactions.

Remember, you can get Medkits as a reward through the Go Bag, Medkits require money to use confirmed
Naughty Dog stole the Phoenix Credits

Sorry if it has been discussed before. Are these rumours true?
  • You do not start the game at level 4, it starts at level 1 – not in Manhattan.
  • Best-In-Slot (BIS) gear cannot be only found in the Dark Zone, but also earned through PvE activities (missions, encounters, side-missions etc.). One of the developers also stated that “some of the best gear in the game you’ll be able to get through crafting“.
  • The appearance menu UI will receive an update.
  • Cosmetic items are account-wide
  • Missions will have 3 difficulties: Normal, Hard, Challenge Mode
  • The Dark Zone is not the only end-game component.
  • The full game supports 3 different colorblind settings.
  • After launch, there will be weekly maintenance, addressing bugs, fixes, balancing, house cleaning, etc.
  • The Base of Operations will have a DZ Funds Vendor that allows you to convert regular Credits (orange) into DZ Funds (purple). However, you will still need a DZ Rank to acquire these ranked based gear items and weapons.
  • Console versions will offer graphic settings to increase frame rate. You’ll be able to choose Performance, or Visual Fidelity
  • Enemy NPC density and roaming capabilities in and out of the DZ will be increased.
  • You will be able to customize your character’s appearance, forget about the random stuff.
  • Contaminated zones might prevent you from exploring certain areas until you upgrade your gas mask.
https://division.zone/2016/02/25/the-division-twitch-stream-new-facts-features-about-the-full-game/

Didn't Ubisoft already say microtransactions would be cosmetic only? No way they would make it P2W at this point, can you imagine the backlash that would result?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't know, I think the Uplay club description might be a mistake. Maybe it was written by a Ubi employee who wasn't all that familiar with the game.

I just can't imagine Massive would be dumb enough to do any sort of P2W, especially considering they've already stated that they'd only do cosmetic/emote microtransactions.
I've never seen a Uplay mistake. In-game item descriptions are always right, and often surprisingly specific, as far as explaining how redeem, what they do, and how to access them in the game. Even here they reference the reward vender, so they're familiar with the operation.

hydruxo

I've never seen a Uplay mistake. In game item descriptions are always right, and often surprisingly specific, as far as explaining how redeem, what they do, and how to access them in the game. Even here they reference the reward vender, so they're familiar with the operation.

Eh, we'll see. I just don't believe it.

I can't imagine it's a mistake. But what about the description by itself makes it different from let's say strange coins? I think the real problem stems from the alleged datamined info coming from reddit.

I'll just wait for Massive/Ubi to clear things up before jumping to conclusions.

Sorry if it has been discussed before. Are these rumours true?

That information originates from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ist_of_clarifications_from_beta_to_full_game/

I've never seen a Uplay mistake. In-game item descriptions are always right, and often surprisingly specific, as far as explaining how redeem, what they do, and how to access them in the game. Even here they reference the reward vender, so they're familiar with the operation.
So, if there isn't a Uplay mistake, medkits aren't free?
xLpZqQi.png

Evolved1

I can't imagine it's a mistake. But what about the description by itself makes it different from let's say strange coins? I think the real problem stems from the alleged datamined info coming from reddit.

I'll just wait for Massive/Ubi to clear things up before jumping to conclusions.
Um that's a screen cap from Uplay I just grabbed on my PS4. It's not datamined. It's live. You can redeem it.

So, if there isn't a Uplay mistake, medkits aren't free?
xLpZqQi.png

Um no.

Evolved1

Uplay always gives you dumb shit like that to "get your adventure started blah blah" at the beginning of the game.

One thing you can count on, those spacebucks they give you won't be enough to buy anything. lol

I think it's weird that they make point about giving players medkits with that when you can get full restock of them from those restock boxes.
Seems outdated, one would say, amirite?
If you were in the Beta or the Alpha, you know Medkits were free just by going to a restock box. Why would Ubisoft give you Medkits in the Go Bag when you just get them for free anyway from the Restock box?

squidyj

I think it's weird that they make point about giving players medkits with that when you can get full restock of them from those restock boxes.

we might start with only 1? I know when we started in the beta we didn't have a full stack of 3 medkits we had like 2? maybe that's what it means.

If you were in the Beta or the Alpha, you know Medkits were free just by going to a restock box. Why would Ubisoft give you Medkits in the Go Bag when you just get them for free anyway from the Restock box?

Same reason we got stuff we could easily get with the Cleaner daily event rewards. 3 grenades? I could just hit the restock box.

Evolved1

I know they're free. I was saying you were wrong positing they wouldn't be.

Tainted

• You do not start the game at level 4, it starts at level 1 – not in Manhattan.

Interesting....I wonder where you are started out from then ? Also: duh to being started off from Lvl 1 and not 4 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom