• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryph

Unrelated to issue at hand, but I wonder how Ubi is going to handle reviews. Will there be pre-release review copies, especially when game is already leaked and available in certain region(s)? Sure they could just wipe everything on eve of release.

Destiny popped the servers up a day before release right? There weren't any launch day reviews if I remember correctly.

Tovarisc

Destiny popped the servers up a day before release right? There weren't any launch day reviews if I remember correctly.

Destiny went live same time for everyone, no review copies for pre-release access and all reviews were post-release. I think it was like that.

Edit: Activision played "Destiny is meant to be played with a lots of other people!" card, but that doesn't work with Division as game is build to scale to party size.

Yeah. Stuff went up on uClub way after workday was over in EU. Massive is based in Malmö, Sweden afterall. If we get response from devs it's on Friday earliest, no matter how much they get pinged on Twitter tonight.

Unrelated to issue at hand, but I wonder how Ubi is going to handle reviews. Will there be pre-release review copies, especially when game is already leaked and available in certain region(s)? Sure they could just wipe everything on eve of release.

Reviews will be interesting for this game. I won't believe any review for the first week or two.

The reviewer has to have logged in at least twenty five hours in total or more.

Destiny went live same time for everyone, no review copies for pre-release access and all reviews were post-release. I think it was like that.

Then i think it will fellow Destiny.

spannicus

Sucks because even if you get the game early, you cant even play it. I like getting games early, but for this it makes no sense to bother.

Tovarisc

Spoilers:
Smallpox did it.

It was released by
Army of 12 Monkeys
, I bet you didn't know that.

Edit:
I'm glad the servers are offline--but Ubi and Massive need to make sure their servers stay connected once the game is released.

Also this might be old: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/47km2c/appearance_and_advanced_weaponry_vendors/

You can buy advance weapons for 28k+ DZ credit?

Advanced weapons are for normal credits. Quite high price for leveling gear, imo.

Are we? No one seems to have started a thread in their forums. Doesn't look like anyone has asked on Twitter.

It seems to me like we're going to see a bunch of people on Reddit and GAF saying that game developers should never be trusted and everyone's out to screw us. Then we'll all find out when the game comes out.

Looks to me like everyone just wants to get mad...

People here have actually been quite rational and civil. Considering this is a brand new discovery, we just want answers to something that may negatively affect the game. If Ubi/Massive doesn't want to respond before the game comes out, then it'll be "game developers should never be trusted and everyone's out to screw us. everyone just wants to get mad..." time.

Geist-

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

My name is Duraigo, and today I will be your conductor for your hype train.
My qualifications can be found here and here

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
  • The Deadline to get on the train is March 1st.
58VoiMH.jpg
National Guard me please.

Elfstruck

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
58VoiMH.jpg

Pls, get me on the train. I'm just a paramedic.

So was that uPlay coins P2W shit figured out/explained and is not game breaking?

Should I uninstall my BETA or will the full game install on top of it?

I'm still 50/50 on a pre order, though I really loved the BETA.

Anyone have anything that can push me over the edge?

So was that uPlay coins P2W shit figured out/explained and is not game breaking?

The beta doesn't upgrade, so it's just taking up space.

I think if you really loved the beta, you will really love the full game. Watch some non-beta gameplay vids.

It was released by
Army of 12 Monkeys
, I bet you didn't know that.

Edit:

Advanced weapons are for normal credits. Quite high price for leveling gear, imo.

Price is high, but even after the beta I had 10k regular credits or something and that was at level 8 or whatever the cap was and I wasn't hardcore running the 2 missions.

More or less but regardless we need clarification.

Yeah uninstall its a different build then the retail version.

Tovarisc

Phoenix Credit thing is still up in the air, consensus in this thread more or less is to wait developer input on the matter.

Feel free to get rid of Beta build, it can't be patched to full release.

So what's the consensus? Are most going for the gold edition or the regular edition?

I put 17 hours into the beta, so I preordered Gold. I figure if I got that much time out of essentially a free demo, I should at least put 100 hours into the full pop. Well worth the Gold price.

Heck, I paid full $60 for waaaaaay shorter games with waaaaaay less content and never felt bad, so....

Bit worried about phoenix credits tbh

Certainly won't be buying any, don't trust Ubisoft to restrain from having them have a massive effect on the ease with which you can get the best gear

I think I put as much time into the beta as I did in total of Destiny. Destiny never clicked for me at all. I felt they over promised and under delivered at launch. I know the game is in a much better place now, but I was soured on it from the get go.

The division appears to be content rich at launch and the Dark Zone is really fun (coming from someone who hasn't been heavy into the MP scene since Gears 1 on 360). The Dark Zone is the refreshing spin on MP that I was looking for and didn't even realize it.

I love the setting, too. NY is so realized in this game. I feel small in the environment. Appropriately so. And I am much more into modern day weaponry than sci-fi stuff.

I got good feelings about this.

Randy42

I expect the servers might be a bit rocky but I think you'll still be able to do PvE stuff solo regardless which is more than the normal mmo lets you. The problem will be that you might not be able to do coop with buds depending how its integrated.

Lima

Wanna buy week one but I think servers will be down most of the time. Anyone else feel the same or just giving in?

They had multiple server tests via VMC, an alpha, a closed and open beta with both betas far exceeding the amount of players they anticipated. And everything was smooth as silk. The matchmaking experience in the beta alone is better than other released online games.

This game will be fine.

Kalentan

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Can I has a Survivor? Is that how it works? I want one ticket!

fr0st

Banned
I expect the servers might be a bit rocky but I think you'll still be able to do PvE stuff solo regardless which is more than the normal mmo lets you. The problem will be that you might not be able to do coop with buds depending how its integrated.

They had multiple server tests via VMC, an alpha, a closed and open beta with both betas far exceeding the amount of players they anticipated. And everything was smooth as silk. The matchmaking experience in the beta alone is better than other released online games.

This game will be fine.

The open beta was good and stable aside from some horrendous lag which I hope they fix.
Hopefully...I think driveclub scarred me from buying online games week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom