• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBwB

I'm actually really hoping it gets good reviews. I enjoyed my time with the beta but I'm hoping there's a lot more to the game than what they gave us.
They also need to optimize the game a bit more. I'm not sure whether it was the beta itself or bad driver support but the game's performance just got worse the longer you were in the game (memory leak?).

Right now it's still a no buy for me but if it gets good reviews then I'll definitely go for it.

Lima

Hopefully...I think driveclub scarred me from buying online games week 1.

Lol that piece of shit game.

There is not a single online game in history that was so trash at launch like Driveclub. It is the absolute exception.

The last big always online game that launched was Destiny and that was one smooth launch.

Hawk269

Man I fucking NEED this game right now. I am not enjoying anything else I play at the moment. :(

Preaching to the choir my friend. I am in the same boat. I just finished setting up my Retro section of my game room and while I am having fun playing stuff from as far back as the 2600 to playing a little Shenmue on the Dreamcast via a VGA Box that runs to a VGA to Component box into my 4k TV and it looks f'n fantastic, as I walked the streets as Ryo, I kept wanting to duck behind crates and open fire on people.

I just keep thinking about this game and how much fun I had along with my wife playing it during the beta. She is not a big gamer, but likes to play games with me and after getting use to playing a 3rd person shooter she instantly said "pre order me the Gold edition". As for playing solo, I had a blast just walking leisurely through the city finding phone recording and all the other hidden stuff. I was one of the few amongst my friends that found the 1 drone hidden in the beta and it is good to hear (going by that list of trophies/achievements) that there is a ton of hidden collectibles. I thought the 41 available in the beta was a lot but damn the full version is going to have a ton of stuff to search and find.

I hit a login queue once, but never experienced bad lag. (22hrs)

I only had one issue of lag but it was due to my connection. Also I decided to go with the Gold Edition...the 8th cant come soon enough...

I've played a lot of online games and never lagged as bad as I did in The Division (couldn't see a specific teammate/he would always be in one place even while running next to me, people would be running in place over and over). It only happened a few times so I'm hoping it's fixed.

darkwing

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

My name is Duraigo, and today I will be your conductor for your hype train.
My qualifications can be found here and here

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
  • The Deadline to get on the train is March 1st.
58VoiMH.jpg

1 ticket for a Paramedic please, thanks

UKUMI0

There is not a single online game in history that was so trash at launch like Driveclub. It is the absolute exception.

The last big always online game that launched was Destiny and that was one smooth launch.

Halo MCC launch was pretty bad, still is somewhat but much better then launch.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I've played a lot of online games and never lagged as bad as I did in The Division (couldn't see a specific teammate/he would always be in one place even while running next to me, people would be running in place over and over). It only happened a few times so I'm hoping it's fixed.

This was most likely caused by your connection.
Usually I am quick to blame servers, but Massive's have been rock solid since the alpha.

You're obviously not a Halo fan.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
58VoiMH.jpg

One for National Guard, please.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Would like to be on it as a Survivor, thanks 👼

Starviper

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Aw hell yeah! I'm in, can I haz hazmat? :D

Lamptramp

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

One first class seat for a Paramedic please

Downloaded the soundtrack from the uplay rewards, only 3 tracks but in wav format and I downloaded it with my little data that I have for my mobile, arghhh.

deoee

Downloaded the soundtrack from the uplay rewards, only 3 tracks but in wav format and I downloaded it with my little data that I have for my mobile, arghhh.

Why would you do that?!?!

In Germany this is the worst thing you can do : Download something via mobile :D

Why would you do that?!?!

In Germany this is the worst thing you can do : Download something via mobile :D

I wanted to listen to the Ost while working and thought this is not bigger than 50mb. And I won't use the work computer anymore for things like this after it got infected with the locky virus and it is possible that I was somehow responsible for it 😲 as my pc was the only one infected and it spread to our computing center.
This happened in the last days and now I'm still afraid of using the work computer for anything besides work.

HAL-x9000

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

One ticket please! Can I has fire fighter?

T.O.P

Banned
ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Firefighter please :)

Morning Division gaf

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

One pass as a Survivor plzzz o/

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

Survivor me, please.

Ellite25

What's the best deal on the PC version?

Gamer's Club is making me want to go console because I have gift cards and the 20% discount. I could get a physical copy of the PC version at BB, but I really would rather not (just doesn't seem right).

I well say though, i don't think that i like how they handle loot now (Displayed and "picked up") . I mean i know they went full in with the mmo/rpg elements in that regard amongst other things. But the different colored light beacons really throw me off and pull me out from the world. And i can easyily see it getting pretty visually distracting if they are two many on the screen at once.

I mean i guess the change from the more survival elements effected that.

Because i really loved the more personal loot gathering shown here:

giphy-1gif.gif
(though more tailored to real gameplay)

+ Then he picks it up and equips it and moves on out
- They removed far to many interact able objects in the world for seemingly no reason really.

All they had to do, was brighten it up and make it a bit more readable but not to big.

Compared to the invisible loot crate gathering and aforementioned invisible loot beacons, plus the other ui:

I mean there's already a lot going on with the screen ui, why add more?

Really wish they stuck to their guns and continued with their more or less minimalist and less clattered UI design. But still added in some of the new elements on display in the current game, yet still making sure the world in on display.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

\o/

National Guard, pls! :) Thx.

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

RULES FOR BOARDING
58VoiMH.jpg

CHOOO CHOOOOOOOO

Survivior! Thanks

bjaelke

What's the best deal on the PC version?

Gamer's Club is making me want to go console because I have gift cards and the 20% discount. I could get a physical copy of the PC version at BB, but I really would rather not (just doesn't seem right).
Sub $40 if you look for a Nvidia code.

Kane1345

Morning people

Surprised the thread wasn't closed when I woke up this morning. I guess the Phoenix credit talk caused enough discussion to break up the constant hype train quoting heh. Anyway hope they respond to that Phoenix credit talk today. Im still betting on it being a Challenge mode/Raid token that you use to buy tier gear to form a set. Basically like WoW, we will see.

Morning people

Surprised the thread wasn't closed when I woke up this morning. I guess the Phoenix credit talk caused enough discussion to break up the constant hype train quoting heh. Anyway hope they respond to that Phoenix credit talk today. Im still betting on it being a Challenge mode/Raid token that you use to buy tier gear to form a set. Basically like WoW, we will see.

Yeah I hope it too that it's like the WoW token system and hopefully not something you can also buy for real money.

bjaelke

"We will sell more stuff for you to do in the game in the form of [downloadable content], but there won't be a pay-to-win or a pay-to-get-better-gear or pay-to-get-more-Dark-Zone-credit," he says.

"You can buy a pack of completely cosmetic items to make you look awesome. That you will be able to do, but that's not how I define microtransactions. We don't have it, I'm very pleased to say."
I doubt they're going to backtrack on this very assuring quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom