• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yzPZxue.jpg
Click on post count on the main gaming page

EDIT: Tainted with the high level explanation

OMG my brain is stupid...must sleep now.

ksdixon

The close and open betas for The Division really turned my opinion around. After initial vauge interest from a story viewpoint, I looked at videos and decided the gameplay didn't look too interesting. Hands-on time changed my opinion with the closed beta, and open beta playing with friends solidified my opinion. Game is straight fun.

Something about it has clicked with me, where other half-MMO/drop-in-drop-out-online-co-op/loot games like Borderlands, Destiny, Dead Island/Dying Light didn't click.

If I had to hazard a guess at why that is. It's not a half-MMO pretending to be a single player game with the most paper-thin story dressing over fetch quests like Dead Island and Dying Light. The Division is billed as a co-op game first and formost, I mean you're part of a team. And the gameplay isn't just all guns blazing. You can use abilities and weapon mods and (like TLOU) teamwork and strategy to come out on top using other means in a 4 on 1, or facing guys that are 2 levels above you. Of course you can also get cut down like a dog just as quick, it's just a case of planning and not making a mistake. Will totally be getting it on release day.

SomTervo

The close and open betas for The Division really turned my opinion around. After initial vauge interest from a story viewpoint, I looked at videos and decided the gameplay didn't look too interesting. Hands-on time changed my opinion with the closed beta, and open beta playing with friends solidified my opinion. Game is straight fun.

Something about it has clicked with me, where other half-MMO/drop-in-drop-out-online-co-op/loot games like Borderlands, Destiny, Dead Island/Dying Light didn't click.

If I had to hazard a guess at why that is. It's not a half-MMO pretending to be a single player game with the most paper-thin story dressing over fetch quests like Dead Island and Dying Light. The Division is billed as a co-op game first and formost, I mean you're part of a team. And the gameplay isn't just all guns blazing. You can use abilities and weapon mods and (like TLOU) teamwork and strategy to come out on top using other means in a 4 on 1, or facing guys that are 2 levels above you. Of course you can also get cut down like a dog just as quick, it's just a case of planning and not making a mistake. Will totally be getting it on release day.

What makes The Division particularly compelling for me
(where Destiny and Borderlands failed, although Dying Light succeeded - Dead Island is straight up bad)
is that it seamlessly blended the very best aspects of Splinter Cell Blacklist (smooth af cover and control system), Rainbow Six Vegas (great character customisation) and Rainbow Six Siege (brilliantly balanced and designed mechanics/skills/teamplay).

To boot they've decided to give it some seriously strong worldbuilding, in terms of story/lore (even if the plot goes nowhere) and the physical design of the world, which is like GTA/Fallout/TLoU-level in terms of detail/apocalypse.

Man I'm excited.

Someone asked about pc deals earlier right?

http://www.mydealz.de/deals/tom-clancy-s-the-division-pc-preorder-preisvorschlag-mögl-685744

Just click the "Zum Deal" Button

How legit is the site?

Will buy today if legit.

deoee

How legit is the site?

Will buy today if legit.

Mydealz is just collecting stuff. Ebay is as legit as it always was (I personally never had any issues with any key reseller I bought from, but sometimes I hear the worst stories about every store that is around).
A good indicator are the comments below the deal and the Temperature gouge. If it's "hot" then it's mostly save to buy.

Btw: Great idea for the Hype Train - Tecnniqe should just pull it and some guys are sitting on top of it, like in a chariot.

bjaelke

Nog4PaG.jpg

Seriously though, isn't anyone buying nvidia cards anymore these days?
I guess I'll have to settle with the local PC retail copy for $40. At least it's $7 cheaper from steam version. :/

Klyka

Banned
Nog4PaG.jpg

Seriously though, isn't anyone buying nvidia cards anymore these days?
I guess I'll have to settle with the local PC retail copy for $40. At least it's $7 cheaper from steam version. :/

Did you check cdkeys.com with their 5% off code from facebook?

edit: oh geez i just checked myself! the game has gotten 11€ more expensive on there since I bought it last month. geez.

The1Ski

ALL ABOOOOOOARD!

My name is Duraigo, and today I will be your conductor for your hype train.
My qualifications can be found here and here

RULES FOR BOARDING
  • FIRST Please visit THIS IMGUR GALLERY to see the character templates that are available for your use. There are eight templates to choose from.
  • Once you have chosen a character template you like, respond to this post with you stating that you want on, and the name of the character template you want to be shopped on. Names of the templates are located in the imgur gallery
  • The Deadline to get on the train is March 1st.
58VoiMH.jpg

Survivor me bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom