• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Indeed, there is nothing micro about that, Nor about the general income generated from micro transactions by the industry. But in general it is still possible to buy things for a few quarters, I guess that's where the name/concept originated from and it stuck even when it's now somewhat of a misnomer.

It's amazing how people and communities by extension can get lost in their own narratives. They are giving more relevance to a single image by a random reddit user than to interviews, uPlay descriptions and direct responses to the matter by a community manager. Talk about self-delusions.

Anything above a few $ is simply a "transaction". Nothing more, nothing less.

However they do love the word MICRO.

MICROMACHINES
NANOMACHINES

NanoTransaction!?
I saw you change from a 17% to a 16%
YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM YOUR MISTAKES
JESUS I CAN'T STOP

LIES, I TOTES DID NOT CHECK THE STRAW POLL AND CORRECT MY 1% MISTAKE!
The better 16%.

Taylor-Lautner-Pointing-Saying-No.gif

Klyka

Banned
To be fair, I just checked reddit myself. It was basically just one guy that didn't fully grasp what a community manager is. Pretty much everyone else there is just relieved.

Worthless until the publisher and developers confirm it independent of the person responsible for calming down the community and keeping eyes focused where they want.

10 days before release and he says >they will communicate more about Phoenix Credits later.

I doubt we will hear anything in the next 10 days

They're getting smarter

Lima

I sense some hostility here...

Nah. Going to play Until Dawn later. I like my PS.

It's just the worst platform to buy Division on. You pay more and get DLC 30 days late.

So either Xbox or if not that then PC. Price is comparable and even though DLC is also late at least you get all of the graphics.

Tecnniqe

Banned

It's just the worst platform to buy Division on. You pay more and get DLC 30 days late.

So either Xbox or if not that then PC. Price is comparable and even though DLC is also late at least you get all of the graphics.

Xbox is for Chromecast
Playstation is for Netflix
and PC is for gaming.

Kane1345

Can't argue with that!

deoee

So regarding that "cheapest Gold edition" stuff on Xbone...

My relatives in Brazil tell a different story for PC ;p
zWVbK.gif

It's not if you like to play games with GAF. It's also likely that the PS4 version will perform better here and there, that's worth something too of course. Bottom line is that all versions have something going for them, I don't think there is a worst.

When I sell my copy 2 weeks after release having realised that there's no end game, and that you have to pay £14.99 for a single Phoenix Credit which you need in order to be competitive in the Dark Zone, the game will have cost me about £20 overall.

Shove that up your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom