• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

Nah. Going to play Until Dawn later. I like my PS.

It's just the worst platform to buy Division on. You pay more and get DLC 30 days late.

So either Xbox or if not that then PC. Price is comparable and even though DLC is also late at least you get all of the graphics.

I played the alpha on xbox, beta on PS4. The PS4 was in 1080, the Xbox wasn't.

It maybe a bit cheaper and get DLC earlier, but it doesn't look as nice.

Getting it on PS4 for friends, no cheat mods and community. Also getting it on PC so I can play with a few other friends. The Xbox can gather more dust.

smashed-computer.gif

Two Girls One Extract

Annnnd it's done...

The Division |OT| Two Girls One Extract

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I played the alpha on xbox, beta on PS4. The PS4 was in 1080, the Xbox wasn't.

It maybe a bit cheaper and get DLC earlier, but it doesn't look as nice.

Getting it on PS4 for friends, no cheat mods and community. Also getting it on PC so I can play with a few other friends. The Xbox can gather more dust.
He really got to you didn't he?

Looks like this thread is slowly turning into the usual system Wars bullshit. See you guys on the 8th.

Frostburn

When I sell my copy 2 weeks after release having realised that there's no end game, and that you have to pay £14.99 for a single Phoenix Credit which you need in order to be competitive in the Dark Zone, the game will have cost me about £20 overall.

Shove that up your PC.

Think you'll get your £20 out of the game? Why so salty? Perhaps an overreaction slightly?

Shari

Just let imagination fill the caps...

----
Anyone here know French?
969560312.png

----

Doing baiting exercises for full release DZ

Frenchie speaker here.

He confirms there is no real-money currency in-game and that phoenix credits are an earnable currency from the game.

It also specifies that the only thing you can buy with real money aside from the game itself are the DLCs.

Kane1345

Frenchie speaker here.

He confirms there is no real-money currency in-game and that phoenix credits are an earnable currency from the game.

It also specifies that the only thing you can buy with real money aside from the game itself are the DLCs.

Thank you kind sir

Duraigo

Sorry to go off topic again, but can any of you guys recommend a headset for PS4? I heard the HyperX Cloud II was good for its price, but I wanted to see if I could get any other opinions on the matter.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Frenchie speaker here.

Solid news. So Phoenix Credits == Strange Coins

Frenchie speaker here.

Man we really need to have them lay it all out in terms of how this will work. I'm really hoping this is the case.

Just let imagination fill the caps...

----
Anyone here know French?
969560312.png

----

"Phoenix Credits are not micro-transactions. There's no in-game currency that you can buy with real money. Here's the official description:"In Tom Clancy's The Division, there is no in-game currency that you can buy with real-world money. Phoenix credits is purely an in-game mechanic."

The only content you can purchase is DLC and the Season Pass."

I see Shari beat me to it!

Sorry to go off topic again, but can any of you guys recommend a headset for PS4? I heard the HyperX Cloud II was good for its price, but I wanted to see if I could get any other opinions on the matter.

Gold Elites are supposedly the best value for money in terms of quality and they have the profile companion app. Waiting for mine to be dispatched though, bought them just for this.

In all seriousness, did anybody figure out how many unique missions there are? Last thing I remember hearing was 12 main missions, and 10 medium sized missions for each wing of the base.

Were the missions in the betas main missions or wing missions?

Tovarisc

Frenchie speaker here.

"Phoenix Credits are not micro-transactions. There's no in-game currency that you can buy with real money. Here's the official description:"In Tom Clancy's The Division, there is no in-game currency that you can buy with real-world money. Phoenix credits is purely an in-game mechanic."

The only content you can purchase is DLC and the Season Pass."

I see Shari beat me to it!

Thanks guys! :)

I think person dropping details about Phoenix Credit etc. is https://twitter.com/alex_gnn Person who dropped the pic in Reddit didn't hide it so well.

Tecnniqe

Banned
In all seriousness, did anybody figure out how many unique missions there are? Last thing I remember hearing was 12 main missions, and 10 medium sized missions for each wing of the base.

Weeeeeeeell they unlocked the wings...

Se_7_eN

Getting your base was a very tiny main mission, but the other 2 were wing missions.

Se_7_eN

Makes sense to make unlocking the wings part of the main mission structure though, no?

Upgrading them would of course be part of the wing missions.

Upgrading them involved going to the computer and pushing a button, once you had the right amount of mats... Saving the Doctor from Madison was a wing mission, so was getting the lead tech guy from the Cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom