• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FX-GMC

Tovarisc

Wait wait wait to all you people saying no microtransactions didn't they already confirm that they would have cosmetic transactions? Hold on I'll find a link
http://www.gamesradar.com/division-wont-have-regular-microtransactions-save-vanity-dlc/

I think Ubi's / Massives thinking is that cosmetics don't count as microtransactions when sold through e.g. uPlay Store for real money instead of in-game store with premium currency. So they prefer to call them straight out DLC's instead of microtransaction.

Check out also this; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196798475&postcount=6734

Klyka

Banned
Wait wait wait to all you people saying no microtransactions didn't they already confirm that they would have cosmetic transactions? Hold on I'll find a link
http://www.gamesradar.com/division-wont-have-regular-microtransactions-save-vanity-dlc/

"microtransactions" are usually called that because they involve you switching real money into a game only currency that can then be used to make "small" purchases of "small" things.

DLC usually denotes that you are paying directly in an online store (like say, Uplay or Steam) with real Money for new "Content". What exactly denotes "Content" is pretty fluid nowadays.

The Division only has purchases made in the "DLC" category aka "buy directly with real Money in the online store"

pharmx

Trying to stay out of this thread as much as I can to keep hype levels in check, but not succeeding so much. I'm curious as to how "events" are going to be implemented in the game. I can totally see the DZ events being similar to how some of the bosses arrive in the Warzone in Halo, or even bosses in WvW in Guild Wars 2. Players can decide whether to fight each other while avoiding the boss or work together to bring the boss down.

Outside the DZ I can see events being special missions where one group has to clear the left wing of a building, while another group clears the right wing. If done within time limit, etc. an upper/lower floor unlocks and both groups converge to take out a boss. I suppose that type of premise can work for a raid as well.

Would love to see random events sprinkled in as well...for example a scavenger hunt type of thing in the DZ where a global message kicks off the event and everyone rushes to be the person to find a person/item/location. This type of stuff along with the typical themed rewards and decorations on special occasions would take this game to a whole new level. Wishful thinking probably, but the potential is there!

Klyka

Banned
Trying to stay out of this thread as much as I can to keep hype levels in check, but not succeeding so much. I'm curious as to how "events" are going to be implemented in the game. I can totally see the DZ events being similar to how some of the bosses arrive in the Warzone in Halo, or even bosses in WvW in Guild Wars 2. Players can decide whether to fight each other while avoiding the boss or work together to bring the boss down.

Outside the DZ I can see events being special missions where one group has to clear the left wing of a building, while another group clears the right wing. If done within time limit, etc. an upper/lower floor unlocks and both groups converge to take out a boss. I suppose that type of premise can work for a raid as well.

Would love to see random events sprinkled in as well...for example a scavenger hunt type of thing in the DZ where a global message kicks off the event and everyone rushes to be the person to find a person/item/location. This type of stuff along with the typical themed rewards and decorations on special occasions would take this game to a whole new level. Wishful thinking probably, but the potential is there!

I don't think two Groups will be able to meet outside the DZ unless in a Special Zone.

I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

Btw I love reddit. I make a thread called "tell me an AAA game that has actually become P2W" and People can't come up with anything so they Insult me instead XD

pharmx

I don't think two Groups will be able to meet outside the DZ unless in a Special Zone.

I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

Btw I love reddit. I make a thread called "tell me an AAA game that has actually become P2W" and People can't come up with anything so they Insult me instead XD

Well yeah, I didn't mean out in the open world, it would have to be a specific event/mission location. Once two groups are queued up, they get thrown into the instance. Your Special Zone idea is kinda neat too though, since they should be able to do that already.

Almost a week out, any info in max player counts on raids?
Better yet matchmaking?

no confirmation of raid(s) yet. 4 player groups can matchmake into free rome areas and into missions.

I'm glad I started the red pand revolution. Going to see some at the zoo next Saturday haha.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Every game is boring
Its becoming a world problem
CcKl-qBWoAAMbs6.jpg
Give me early access Massive plis

Tecnniqe

Banned
Guess ill Netflix for 2 weeks.

Finished Lilo & Stitch 1/2 recently so I guess ill go for Big Hero 6 next.
Might re-install MGS to try Online.

Division cant come soon enough...
Not soon enough at all....

Tillbe

"microtransactions" are usually called that because they involve you switching real money into a game only currency that can then be used to make "small" purchases of "small" things.

DLC usually denotes that you are paying directly in an online store (like say, Uplay or Steam) with real Money for new "Content". What exactly denotes "Content" is pretty fluid nowadays.

The Division only has purchases made in the "DLC" category aka "buy directly with real Money in the online store"

I'm gonna have to be the one here that disagrees with this overcategorization of these terms. The term 'microtransaction' has never been limited to being things bought with ingame currencies, it's literally just the purchase of a small amount of content for a small amount of cash, regardless of said items status being cosmetic or functional. The cosmetic items they are selling are EXACTLY microtransactions, the developers and marketing departments just don't want to use that word because it has very negative connotations in gaming circles.

Tovarisc

I'm gonna have to be the one here that disagrees with this overcategorization of these terms. The term 'microtransaction' has never been limited to being things bought with ingame currencies, it's literally just the purchase of a small amount of content for a small amount of cash, regardless of said items status being cosmetic or functional. The cosmetic items they are selling are EXACTLY microtransactions, the developers and marketing departments just don't want to use that word because it has very negative connotations in gaming circles.

Mostly because cosmetic item costing 10€ is called "microtransaction" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom