• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammogeddon

Just came across the agent origins short film on Amazon video. Not amazing but it served its purpose in getting me a bit more hyped.

Still not sure whether to invest in the PS4 gold edition. I got burnt with buying the collectors edition Destiny. I was bored of that game within a month and never even revisited the DLC.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Tecnniqe: The thread

image.php

image.php

Soundtrack is definitely growing on me. I didn't think much of it in the closed beta, in fact majority of the time I felt like I didn't even notice it playing.

Precinct Siege is a cool song.

I noticed some of it, really do like the tune that plays when you exit a hub.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the soundtrack was one of the biggest surprises for me.

Went in expecting it to sound like any generic military shooter soundtrack. Was pleasantly surprised to find it closely resembling something like Vangelis' Blade Runner score.

*fans self*

Those OST tracks are so damn good. I wasn't expecting anything from the soundtrack either. But honestly, they've outdone themselves with so many different elements of this game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
*fans self*

Those OST tracks are so damn good. I wasn't expecting anything from the soundtrack either. But honestly, they've outdone themselves with so many different elements of this game.

Its almost like Massive, Annecy, Reflections and Red Storm cared :)
I would be all over that OST purchase if it wasn't forced into iTunes or Spotify. I want them .flac files!

Is all of it on Spotify?

Even on iTunes there is currently only 1 song up, rest coming on 8th.

How so? For most part we are doing good in here.

Mostly good....mostly.

Also, I was thinking, guys. Does a game like this REALLY need Raids to survive? I think back to Diablo 2/3, Borderlands, PSO, etc. All of those games have great replay without the need for raids. Sure, perhaps Destiny has changed the landscape, but are Raids really something that's necessary?

Tovarisc

Also, I was thinking, guys. Does a game like this REALLY need Raids to survive? I think back to Diablo 2/3, Borderlands, PSO, etc. All of those games have great replay without the need for raids. Sure, perhaps Destiny has changed the landscape, but are Raids really something that's necessary?

No, but end game does need hooks outside of DZ grind. If stuff like challenge modes pan out it can go long way working as PvE end game. Also devs have said they plan to drop events and free content post-release so that should also be interesting.

Raid isn't mandatory for end game.

Klyka

Banned
The soundtrack is WAY too good, I never expected that kind of music in the game at all.

I thought we'd get like, super forgettable music, instead we get some damn movie level shit in here.

The "Precinct" one sounds straight out of like, XCOM 2.

Nokterian

The soundtrack is WAY too good, I never expected that kind of music in the game at all.

I thought we'd get like, super forgettable music, instead we get some damn movie level shit in here.

The "Precinct" one sounds straight out of like, XCOM 2.

Getting all the synthwave vibe from the music and that makes me happy.

Mostly good....mostly.

Its not necessary but a large-scale encounter of some kind with many people participating would be a lot of fun as an optional thing. Just one more fun thing to add to a list.

Klyka

Banned
Its not necessary but a large-scale encounter of some kind with many people participating would be a lot of fun as an optional thing. Just one more fun thing to add to a list.

I want world bosses walk through the DZ and people need to form uneasy alliances to take them down and then survive the backstabbing for loooooot :D

Sevyne

Mostly good....mostly.

I'm one of those people who absolutely loves raid content, but I think you make a fine point. Hell, I still play Diablo 3 regularly because it provides content just as rewarding (if not more) than raid content.

Really, they just need to provide us with challenges that are rewarding and keep the game fresh. It could even be regular updates with new challenging missions and world events, etc that give good rewards and I'd be pretty happy. I'd almost prefer that tbh, because nothing sucks more than waiting months for a new raid.

Yeah, it's gotten annoying. I'm all for excitement, but how about we limit it to discussion about the game.

Some people shit on Reddit, but at least they're discussing the game and most of the nonsense is easily avoidable.

Party pooper, nofunallowed.jpg, etc. but I guess it's time to stop checking this thread for news.

Randy42

I didn't see anyone myself appear to be 'hacking' in Open but that doesnt mean it wasnt there. Def not as rampant as closed tho.

Tovarisc

So were there any hacks in the open beta on PC? Concerned about the health of the game on that platform.

I played too much of open beta, didn't meet single cheater/hacker. Skywalking was glitch on all platforms.

Edit:
I didn't see anyone myself appear to be 'hacking' in Open but that doesnt mean it wasnt there. Def not as rampant as closed tho.

Didn't see single cheater in closed beta DZ either, I was super lucky?

I'm one of those people who absolutely loves raid content, but I think you make a fine point. Hell, I still play Diablo 3 regularly because it provides content just as rewarding (if not more) than raid content.

Really, they just need to provide us with challenges that are rewarding and keep the game fresh. It could even be regular updates with new challenging missions and world events, etc that give good rewards and I'd be pretty happy. I'd almost prefer that tbh, because nothing sucks more than waiting months for a new raid.

I'm with you 100% on this. Constant challenges and events plus loot... I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom