• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DZ is hard solo but it's stupid easy to get a group going so it's not that big a deal.

Just run some missions till you meet up with people you get along with and hop in the DZ.

Maybe they'll betray you but my experience in the closed beta most people were happy to team up.

iNvid02

theres some fun to be had solo as well, it helps the immersion and post apocalyptic feel, and post launch going solo into the dz will no doubt create some tense situations if you run into say GANK SQUAD

Enjoying the beta. But as an open world RPG there are a couple things I would like to know or hope for:

Seems like it is always dark. Does daytime get equal time?
The snow/x-mas theme getting old already. Will there be seasons?
New York is cool but all concrete also gets old. Will we ever get suburbs, fields, woods?

oakenhild

Enjoying the beta. But as an open world RPG there are a couple things I would like to know or hope for:

New York is cool but all concrete also gets old. Will we ever get suburbs, fields, woods?

Seasons would be nice.

I think central park is one of the first DLC's. Looked nice and wooded as far as I could tell.

deoee

There's an awesome day/night cycle,
it will always be winter (but there is weather)
It's all NY with potential Central Park DLC.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's only ~ 15 hours away \o/

9SqobIj.gif

squidyj

Well the PvE isn't even worth talking about in the beta. There's practically nothing there of interest at the moment. Obviously talking about the Dark Zone which is the entire game in these betas.

I never had much trouble flying solo. just had to know how to keep my head down and away from people and how to properly call in an extraction.

Disxo

I cant waitttt to play this, the game looks so awesome.

Although I dont know what "The division" faction is. (Are they mercs?)

Edit:
The cinematics didnt explain anything.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I cant waitttt to play this, the game looks so awesome.

Although I dont know what "The division" faction is. (Are they mercs?)

The Division = The Player

Its a government organization tasked with helping during especially difficult times.

Almost like a undercover national guard.

Smash88

Banned
I'm honestly curious why GAF hasn't implemented GIFV/WEBM and embedded youtube video by now. It's baffling honestly, and can save a lot of bandwidth for a lot of people.

clo1_2000

Banned
For a complete noob who didn't play the first beta (alpha) what should I study before playing tomorrow? I know the first post has lots of info, but I don't even know where to start.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
For a complete noob who didn't play the first beta (alpha) what should I study before playing tomorrow? I know the first post has lots of info, but I don't even know where to start.
Prepare to die in dark zone.

You can't trust anyone... not even yourself!

Helznicht

Hey guys, so this is one the few games to catch my attention in a VERY long time...I really like the idea of blending rpg/fps elements. I honestly havent gamed in years, but have a bit of an itch to get back into it.

So I'm considering picking up a console (trying to justify it with this game among others) but kind of stuck on a few points. Regarding the Division, is there an actual MMO world where all player interact/fight? Or are we talking shared maps with 25 players, etc.?

Now the other question, which I was wondering if I should start a new thread on is which console to pick up. I dont own any next gen consoles. Havnet really wanted one till recently. I'm kind of leaning toward a xbox one (really want a wiiu but going to wait to see the nx) simply because I'm all in on Microsofts eco system (surface pro 3, ms band 2, windows phone, etc.) and wondering if theres a benefit to staying within that console wise. I know the ps4 has better specs/graphics but thats honestly not a huge deal for me.

One big consideration is I have 2 young girls ages 7 and 8. Obviously nintendo is a better choice for them but we do have a wii with tons of games which is good enough for them. They do love and play minecraft which I know the X1 has, but I'm not sure theres much else for them on the console, perhaps just dance?

Also what are thoughts on kinect? Is it done? Think they have any plans for it going forward?

Theres a refurb bundle on ebay right now that seems like a decent deal and includes kinect. Though I'm wondering if I should hold out and see what MS says at the event they have going on in the next few days?

(thoughts on bundle?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26218518057...2185180571&_rdc=1&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

I also see we have a buy/sell/trade forum here, any thought on buying an X1 through there?

Lastly, the one thing that has me REALLY wanting to reconsider and go the ps4 route is the potential PSVR...I'm hoping MS announces some kind of VR support which would seal the deal for me since I really dont plan to upgrade my PC for VR. Though I know odds are things are still early and it will take some time for VR to find its stride, but it is indeed exciting.

I will get burned for this, but, get a gaming PC instead. If your #1 drive is looking for a platform to play The Division, its way better on PC. And I don't say that for all multiplat, if you would have said Farcry or Dying Light instead of the Div, I would have said, sure go for it.

I did the closed Beta on PC, and have a couple hours with the Xbox version. Xbox ver looks the part and runs steady, but the way they have implemented the controller is so weird, its so laggy, its hard to explain.

The Division has been the title I have been most looking forward to and hyped about over the last year or so. If someone told me I could only play the Console versions, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How do weapon skins work? Do you essentially unlock a colour/pattern that you can freely apply to any weapon?

On the mod page you have a spraycan icon, it will list all the paints you got.

If you got a blue paint, that blue can only be applied to 1 weapon at a time, so you need more sprays to spray all of them.

It works as a mod.. Just for color.

I mean, I knew that already, but how they originated? What is their purpose?

Edit:
Thanks will see the vids.

See my edit, explained it some more

I'm honestly curious why GAF hasn't implemented GIFV/WEBM and embedded youtube video by now. It's baffling honestly, and can save a lot of bandwidth for a lot of people.

Yup, would save me from accidentally destroying MobileGAF

moai

Any tips from someone using the elite controller? I want to put the paddles to good use.
Thanks

etta

my hard graphic balls
Soooooo, is it just me or does the gunplay feel better, punchier on the Xbox One than PS4?

So is it not up for download on the PS4 store yet? I don't see a listing for the open beta. Its not the same file I had for the closed beta, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom