• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Look, it's early.

Don't take it too seriously.

(But really, why have inconsistent log in pop ups?!!!!!!)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Look, it's early.

Don't take it too seriously.

(But really, why have inconsistent log in pop ups?!!!!!!)

Someone woke up on the wrong foot :|

Its not a facebook login cause its not connected to facebook in any way, they are simply celebrating their facebook likes or whatever it is.
As for login it takes under 30sec to do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Someone woke up on the wrong foot :|

Its not a facebook login cause its not connected to facebook in any way, they are simply celebrating their facebook likes or whatever it is.
As for login it takes under 30sec to do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get that - that's not quite my point. If you log into UPlay anywhere else on Ubi sites, you get the option to log in using existing facebook, PSN or XBL credentials which are at the foot of the login pop up. So UPlay is "connected" to FB, PSN and XBL in that manner.

But when you have to log in to UPlay to authorise a competition entry from a specific page etc, you need to use your actual password.

Ridiculous.

The1Ski

Fuck Ubi. Really.

Why do I need to sign into my UPlay account from the "Sign In" button when I'm already signed in?

Also, why the fuck does the sign in box that does pop up, not have the Facebook sign in etc? How am I meant to know what my password is?

Sod your gun skin.

There's no need to be upset

Tecnniqe

Banned
I get that - that's not quite my point. If you log into UPlay anywhere else on Ubi sites, you get the option to log in using existing facebook, PSN or XBL credentials which are at the foot of the login pop up. So UPlay is "connected" to FB, PSN and XBL in that manner.

But when you have to log in to UPlay to authorise a competition entry from a specific page etc, you need to use your actual password.

Ridiculous.

Oh no, not passwords!

I really have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The IGN thing? I think so, yeah. Although I might have read it on reddit. Not sure about this thread
There is a new IGN thing today?

Oh no, not passwords!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You protect those sloppy web devs with a shrug of your shoulders. I will have my vengence.... [etc]

deoee

Oh no, not passwords!

There is a new IGN thing today?

not today but morgen!

Klyka

Banned
I will never quite get the "I am afraid of the Division because it might be like Destiny" comments.

Yeah, I sure am afraid the Division will be like a game I have played for over a year for 400+ hours

deoee

I will never quite get the "I am afraid of the Division because it might be like Destiny" comments.

Yeah, I sure am afraid the Division will be like a game I have played for over a year for 400+ hours

I will never get this either + the "but what about the endgame?!?!?!?" talks

Klyka

Banned

you expect me to play a game and NOT grind the endgame for 200+ hours? WHAT A CASUAL

i'd rather play 10 new games while waiting for new content than spend my life grinding away at an "endgame" again. I did that when I was 16 and played WoW. I ain't doing that anymore now.

If your game doesn't have something new to show me,I shelve it. And then when new content comes out,I play again.

tomasdk

I noticed today that I still have the beta installed on Steam, started it just for kicks and found out that you'll end up in an infinite loop, because the game tells you that the beta is over, then tries to load the main menu, which apparently you can't do without connecting to the server, which booted me again to the screen telling me beta was over and then it tried to load the menu again etc.
I hope it won't be like this in the full release, because anytime the server will be down it won't be possible to quit the game without going to the desktop or alt+f4.
Maybe this is a known thing but haven't heard of it before and find it really dumb.

erawsd

Its because in these types of games you generally spend the vast majority of your time at the level cap -- especially these days where the level up portion is extremely brief. So people like to know what type of structure is in place and whether they have some fresh content to look forward to.

Whatever happened to just enjoying, what a game has to offer and leaving it at that? Always got to be more, even at the expense of that content possibly not being not as good as the base game or in the process breaking the game instead.

Even though folks screamed from the mountains tops to put it in, hope they don't go overboard and stretch themselves thin. Listen to the community but don't knee jerk.

I mean I love having more things to do, to prolong a game but not at the cost of the core experience. There's a reason companies are trying to cash in on Dlc and are cutting games into chunks. People want more so they look for a way to cut corners to feed that hunger. Which is the bad way to go about it. Can't get a full experience anymore without add ons.

deoee

Its because in these types of games you generally spend the vast majority of your time at the level cap -- especially these days where the level up portion is extremely brief. So people like to know what type of structure is in place and whether they have some fresh content to look forward to.

Of course that's right but I have the feeling that people want the game to change drastically. For example it should have different gameplay or whatever and the best would be to turn into another genre :D

Kane1345

Whatever happened to just enjoying, what a game has to offer and leaving it at that? Always got to be more, even at the expense of that content possibly not being not as good as the base game or in the process breaking the game instead.

Even though folks screamed from the mountains tops to put it in, hope they don't go overboard and stretch themselves thin. Listen to the community but don't knee jerk.

I mean I love having more things to do,too for long a game but not at the cost of the core experience.

Well said :)

Klyka

Banned
Of course that's right but I have the feeling that people want the game to change drastically. For example it should have different gameplay or whatever and the best would be to turn into another genre :D

The way most people talk they want to get to endgame and suddenly have 30 dungeons to go through,all of them with their own mechanics and all of them so difficult that you need to train and train to beat them but you still need to get rewards for just trying but not rewards that are TOO good but good ENOUGH. Then after those 30 dungeons there need to be at least 3 raids, all of them unique with unique bosses and mechanics and AGAIN loot needs to constantly drop but it needs to be perfectly balanced so no one gets crazy good loot for little work but still gets decent loot.
Oh and each dungeon should take you at LEAST a week to clear.

That's their definition of endgame.

Oh and once the 0.01% of the playerbase have beaten all of the above in 1 month, they will cry in the forums about "no content" and the rest of the community follows them in crying like sheep eventhough they barely finished 1 dungeon themselves.

pharmx

Well, what genre is The Division exactly? I don't think you can compare it to another game 1:1. So while it has the benefits of several different type of games, it may have the pitfalls/expectations of several as well. We don't have enough info at this point in time.

Kane1345

The way most people talk they want to get to endgame and suddenly have 30 dungeons to go through,all of them with their own mechanics and all of them so difficult that you need to train and train to beat them but you still need to get rewards for just trying but not rewards that are TOO good but good ENOUGH. Then after those 30 dungeons there need to be at least 3 raids, all of them unique with unique bosses and mechanics and AGAIN loot needs to constantly drop but it needs to be perfectly balanced so no one gets crazy good loot for little work but still gets decent loot.

Oh and once the 0.01% of the playerbase have beaten all of the above in 1 month, they will cry in the forums about "no content" and the rest of the community follows them in crying like sheep eventhough they barely finished 1 dungeon themselves.

Sounds familiar

deoee

I have friends who cry about "no content" in Destiny and they have never ever touched the raids nor the arena mode nor have collected all the exotics you get with quests etc.

These people now cry about The Division, how you still shoot people at lvl 20 with guns and how the bosses still take more hits than the normal enemies.

Well, what genre is The Division exactly? I don't think you can compare it to another game 1:1. So while it has the benefits of several different type of games, it may have the pitfalls/expectations of several as well. We don't have enough info at this point in time.

It's a Tps/cover based shooter with a heavy lean on Rpg and it's online with sp and Co op.

Simply it's tps rpg online game.

Fuck Ubi. Really.

Why do I need to sign into my UPlay account from the "Sign In" button when I'm already signed in?

Also, why the fuck does the sign in box that does pop up, not have the Facebook sign in etc? How am I meant to know what my password is?

Sod your gun skin.

L24n6Yy.gif

In service, I think you should be... out of service.

I have friends who cry about "no content" in Destiny and they have never ever touched the raids nor the arena mode nor have collected all the exotics you get with quests etc.

These people now cry about The Division, how you still shoot people at lvl 20 with guns and how the bosses still take more hits than the normal enemies.

The funniest part is that we are not even fighting bosses but mini bosses, in the betas. Matter of fact in none of the videos have we had the chance to see a real boss fight, for obvious reasons -at least i hope they are-. But yeah like it was mentioned the people that join in on the 1% percents bandwagon. That moan about lack of content almost solely for themselves. When they have finished almost everything, but just to beat the game, not really trying to enjoy the whole cake , just to get to the highest level , putting in hour after hour. Then complaining that the game is shit or boring all of a sudden.

(Even after seemingly enjoying their time otherwise why try so hard)

Only because they did "everything" then they get loud, and since people are pack animals. Once they hear the loudest yell "lack of content" they jump in, even if more then half of them haven't even gotten to max level. To even understand those concerns and put it in context to the rest of the game, it's stupid.

(Though destiny had its other problems before the drought)

Klyka

Banned
I'm also not a fan of people who always act like buying a video game is a life changing investment that might ruin them if it "doesn't pay off".
They buy a game, play it, seem to enjoy it, then reach the end and complain about it not being enough for their money. Sure, there are games like that where the length was not really in balance with the price, but honestly they are pretty rare. And we live in a time where a game basically gets completely disected the moment it releases. Sometimes even before it releases. You can know absolutely anything about a game without ever buying it yourself, so I feel people who blindly buy a game and then complain as if their life was just ruined because of "low value" should really just wait a bit and inform themselves

erawsd

I dont think anyone wants completely different gameplay or for it to become another genre, but people do like having some new content to engage in at cap.

Whatever happened to just enjoying, what a game has to offer and leaving it at that? Always got to be more even, at the expense of that content possibly not being not as good as the base game or in the process breaking the game instead.

Its not like this is a typical single player RPG, its a loot game whose design leans on players repeating content and grinding for the best rewards. Naturally, people want "fun" things to grind. For some people that means challenging pve content like raids, for others its pvp, some just want to solo and be left alone, ect... The Division doesn't have to appease all those preferences but thats exactly why people should be asking about end game and the developers should detail what they have planned so that players know what to expect.

I'm also not a fan of people who always act like buying a video game is a life changing investment that might ruin them if it "doesn't pay off".
They buy a game, play it, seem to enjoy it, then reach the end and complain about it not being enough for their money. Sure, there are games like that where the length was not really in balance with the price, but honestly they are pretty rare. And we live in a time where a game basically gets completely disected the moment it releases. Sometimes even before it releases. You can know absolutely anything about a game without ever buying it yourself, so I feel people who blindly buy a game and then complain as if their life was just ruined because of "low value" should really just wait a bit and inform themselves

Don't get me started on the twinkle toed toads that are "reviewing" the game based on the betas/demo. There's "Worth it or not" videos already, shit some of them are not even going to give the full game a chance. It's freaking retarded. I mean I understand first impressions but that's all it ever should be until release.

Give you're viewer the full perspective otherwise you're a crap "reviewer" and should stop. Plus if you dislike a certain genre of game or don't understand basic rpg elements and or whatever else it's best not to take time out of you're day.

pharmx

It's a Tps/cover based shooter with a heavy lean on Rpg and it's online with sp and Co op.

Simply it's tps rpg online game.

Shooters come with baggage (short TTK, gunplay, etc) as do RPGs (content, endgame, etc). So while I don't agree with complaints so early, since we haven't actually played the retail version, I can understand where the concerns are coming from. Hybrid games will always disappoint some people, but I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with this one. Time will tell.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fuck Ubi. Really.

Sod your gun skin.

200w.gif

Aselith

Fuck Ubi. Really.

Sod your gun skin.

I'm sure they super give a fuck if you want the skin lol

I dont think anyone wants completely different gameplay or for it to become another genre, but people do like having some new content to engage in at cap.

Its not like this is a typical single player RPG, its a loot game whose design leans on players repeating content and grinding for the best rewards. Naturally, people want "fun" things to grind. For some people that means challenging pve content like raids, for others its pvp, some just want to solo and be left alone, ect... The Division doesn't have to appease all those preferences but thats exactly why people should be asking about end game and the developers should detail what they have planned so that players know what to expect.

Yeah that's all good but I don't think people understand just yet what they want from this game. In terms of end game it's not like any game we've had expect for Destiny but in a different setting, gameplay and context with it being a tom clancy game.

To me it's a want/question of can Massive think outside of the box and add something that is both narratively interesting but also engaging, yet hard to get through with interesting game play mechanics and true team based tactics and different types of scenarios that doesn't just come down to "Go here, kill these hordes and then finish boss". I would like them to add "endgame" content that mixes elements from Dsouls or The Witness or what else that fits and combine it with what's presented in the game world, when it comes to mission types. But still introducing new mechanics or more environment interaction as long as they don't suck or break the game.

Either way i rather have that ^ then end game that's just hard to get through just because they're raids and have higher level loot only. That at the end of the day, doesn't stick to the mid crisis game scenario or forgets that its a factor...which would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom