• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuga

Banned
Shaqfoo33 asks: Will there be any objectives within the Dark Zone?

We have landmarks that indicate locations with challenging encounters. - Petter Mannerfelt, Game Director

What can I do other than shoot other players in the face?

"You can shoot NPCs in the face at designated areas"

EL CUCO

Jumping jacks are reserved for finding scarfs and for killing stupid people. Oh, you're alone and picking a fight with my group? Yeah, you dead now. *Jumping jacks over body*

Jumping jacks are the new tea-bagging basically.
We dropped a poor soul and watched him crawl around like a worm for about 30 seconds while the 4 of us did Jumping Jacks over him.

He could've just given up, but no lol

Any point in keeping the beta download? I was part of the closed and open beta.

I assume the rewards we get for being part of it is just tied to our PSN account?

Lnkn52

Hey guys, I missed it, was the AMA good today?

Checked the news this afternoon and saw this

Zszh502.jpg

Why is everyone freaking out over the AMA? It's not like they have a "10 year plan" like some other games....

Everyone's waiting to hear what else is in the game and I think we already did lol.

Besides, Ubi probably wants everyone to drop the game once Wildlands comes out.

Ashtar

Can't believe that Ama was so butt cheeks makes me want to slap my Tyrell and the division devs! Hitmann (rip) would have given better answers

LProtag

Any recommendations on a headset with a mic for PS4? I think I lost the one that came with the PS4... clearly I don't use it often, haha.

I just revisited the first E3 gameplay trailer, and the map at the end is of it is huge, in comparsion to the final map.

Any chances that we get this new districts, like brooklyn over the months or years, or was it just PR bullshit?

Gryph

I just revisited the first E3 gameplay trailer, and the map at the end is of it is huge, in comparsion to the final map.

Any chances that we get this new districts, like brooklyn over the months or years, or was it just PR bullshit?

I'm not sure it was "PR bullshit" so much as where the game was 3 years ago. It does look like we'll be starting the tutorial portion of the game outside of Manhattan.

However, I would expect the map to be exactly the size we've seen in the Beta game play.

Will there be more areas in the future? I certainly hope so. Nothing has been promised though.

Brooklyn is likely the starting area. But since the devs are dodging the Brooklyn issue there is no way to determine how big it's going to be. What you see at the end of that trailer however, is unlikely to be in the full game.

Also see my recent post on the matter - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196910693&highlight=#post196910693

TheBear

Trying to decide between PS4 or PC.
Is the PC version unplayable/uncompetitive with a pad?

whats the framerate on PS4?

Anything else I should consider? Got an i5 4xxx/780

cheers

pharmx

Think more Diablo than WoW/Destiny

I have no problem with this if they can pull it off successfully. But will there be enough variety when grounded in a realistic setting and location for the grind treadmill? What I don't like is all the ambiguity surrounding what may or may not be in the final version of the game. Either people are going to be disappointed since they weren't able to form realistic expectations due to lack of information, or we're gonna get a terrible implementation of some really cool stuff because it couldn't be vetted properly. At any rate, for me "in for a penny, in for a pound". I'm staying on this ride to see where it takes me.

cheers

The PS4 version is 30fps, it has been mentioned that there will be GI options that will give you the choice to prioritize visuals or performance.

cheers

Playing PC version in the beta with a gamepad was fine for me, especially for pve activities. Thanks to the aim assist. I wouldn't use a gamepad for Dark Zone activities though. And I'm not sure if it's possible to perform well on challenge mode (hardest) missions with a gamepad later. It was not available in the beta.

As for the PS4 (or console version in general), there'll be an option to choose between performance or image quality. I'm guessing that with image quality, you'll get dips below 30 in hectic battles, like the hardest missions and/or dark zone activities. You'll want to switch to performance for those.

I've had some terrible encounters on PS4 (potato aim for both parties). I can't imagine going up against someone using M/KB with a controller.

There will be two options for that - "Visual" and "Performance". The latter dialing back the lighting for a higher framerate. Likely unlocked and "juddery" for some.

cheers

More options on PC as far as visuals and performance, but there's also a problem of cheaters/hackers

hydruxo

I've gotta say, it sucks that you can't inspect other players gear/stats. I always liked scrolling down my friends list on Destiny and checking out other peoples' builds.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I have no problem with this if they can pull it off successfully. But will there be enough variety when grounded in a realistic setting and location for the grind treadmill? What I don't like is all the ambiguity surrounding what may or may not be in the final version of the game. Either people are going to be disappointed since they weren't able to form realistic expectations due to lack of information, or we're gonna get a terrible implementation of some really cool stuff because it couldn't be vetted properly. At any rate, for me "in for a penny, in for a pound". I'm staying on this ride to see where it takes me.

All I know is that as long as the final product has equal to or greater amount of content that the beta had I will get my money's worth.

"We were gonna have all of Brooklyn in the game as a surprise, but you guy found it so we removed it from the game out of spite"

Seeing how much bigger Brooklyn is than Manhattan, that's very unlikely. I know you were joking anyway, but I do wonder how much of Brooklyn will be in the game. It could be anything from a few streets, to a pretty big region that we might even revisit later on in the game.

There is also that part of the first E3 trailer, where we see a mission called "The Underground" it could of course just be a coincidence that it has the exact same name as the first DLC, it might however just as easily be an actually part of it.

Pandy

All I know is that as long as the final product has equal to or greater amount of content that the beta had I will get my money's worth.
Compared to some full game releases, I actually owe Ubisoft the purchase price already just for time spent on the Beta.

WGMBY

people assuming there is some huge additional un-announced end game content... u gonna b dissapointed IMO

Yeah, I made that mistake with Destiny. I'm resigning myself to there just being a bunch of story missions, the DZ, and raids down the line. Was hoping for a few other modes past what was in the beta, like a straight PVP mode, although I don't know how that would work in the context of the scenario.

My fear with this is I'll burn through the PVE content and then just be grinding in the DZ. I solo a lot so I don't know how far I'll get.

DrBo42

people assuming there is some huge additional un-announced end game content... u gonna b dissapointed IMO

Yeah, I made that mistake with Destiny. I'm resigning myself to there just being a bunch of story missions, the DZ, and raids down the line. Was hoping for a few other modes past what was in the beta, like a straight PVP mode, although I don't know how that would work in the context of the scenario.

My fear with this is I'll burn through the PVE content and then just be grinding in the DZ. I solo a lot so I don't know how far I'll get.

Haven't they pretty much said the Darkzone is it until they put out an endgame a few months after launch? I remember reading something like that, only cloudy part is the time frame.

I'll be really disappointed if there isn't more to do in the DZ. I went against my better judgement and pre-ordered, which I never do, but gave in because of the potential.

:/
:/

Nemic77

Haven't they pretty much said the Darkzone is it until they put out an endgame a few months after launch? I remember reading something like that, only cloudy part is the time frame.

Found this on Reddit:

... Magnus Jansen, Creative Director "We have a tremendous amount of effort and focus on the PvE endgame as well. Not all of it is going to be there when we launch. We're slowly going to be rolling it out for free in the beginning. There's going to be goals and challenges and things to aspire to for you and your group. Difficult things that you really want to set your sights on and accomplish."

and lastly, "Hit Level 30 and the Dark Zone is repopulated as a single instance."

Found this from IP Director, worth a mention.. "What does the endgame look like for The Divison? Our goal is to create a game and a franchise that will live on for many years to come, which requires a strong endgame and content updates. PvP is a part of endgame, and since the loot is a big part of the game, “the quest for epic loot” is a big part of the endgame. Then we have the Base of Operations, which will continue to progress beyond hitting the level cap. While those three stands as the main attractions for the endgame, we also have a very detailed world. So even after hitting the level cap, there will be much more to discover in the world, such as digging deeper into the story or finding easter eggs. So there is something for everyone in the endgame."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom