• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clo1_2000

Banned
What is the consensus on getting the gold version vs the standard version? I am a US Amazon Prime member, so I will get 20% of the $99.99 price tag.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So is it not up for download on the PS4 store yet? I don't see a listing for the open beta. Its not the same file I had for the closed beta, is it?

It is. They patched CB client with OB stuff

What is the consensus on getting the gold version vs the standard version? I am a US Amazon Prime member, so I will get 20% of the $99.99 price tag.

giphy.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Only positive change from that list is cost of HE weapons, everything else is just to add length to grind.

Who knows if they did this to add grind to the beta.

Last time it was completed in a day, so perhaps they try to keep players peaked for a bit longer during testing.

Are the chests actually working in the DZ? I swear after the first day of the closed beta I could never open a chest again, especially the DZ chests that required a key.

squidyj

I'll take 300 from chests if it means I can actually open a chest every now and again.

The one and only time I found a chest in closed beta I didn't have any keys, every other time I had keys but the chests were locked out.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Every day of the OB there will be community challenges that unlocks awards for every agent that contributed.

The agent that contributed the most gets a unique item.

Today's challenge is "Help the civilians"

YOUR MISSION

Each day you will be given a special mission to complete during your adventures. A reward will be given to every Agent for the combined effort and the Agent who performs the best will receive a unique reward! Be sure to check these daily briefs for your mission!

Before the events of Black Friday, New York was the height of a living and active city, but in the aftermath it has become a dangerous place. It’s your job to restore order and protect what little life remains.

To start, we have to lift the city back up from the ground level, the people. We’ve received several reports in the wake of the virus that civilians are finding themselves in danger as they struggle to find the necessary supplies they need to stay alive. Getting rid of the threat is not the only way to assist a civilian however. Resources are extremely limited and as basic services have collapsed they will look to you as an authoritative figure for help, so keep your eyes open for them!

Today, your objective is to reach out and help as many civilians as possible. Helping a civilian will not only reward you with a unique token of thanks from that civilian, but you will also receive a gift from us for your combined community efforts. The agent who goes above and beyond and assists the most civilians will receive a special reward, so definitely be on the lookout.

Now it’s time for you to get out there and begin your adventure! Keep your eyes peeled for more information and your mission right back here tomorrow. We hope you have fun – we will be watching! :)

LoveCake

Just playing this now on X1 quick question, how do you save your progress?

I have not seen anything on-screen show up about saving or anything, is it auto-save or do you have to go to a special area like the base-camp?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just playing this now on X1 quick question, how do you save your progress?

I have not seen anything on-screen show up about saving or anything, is it auto-save or do you have to go to a special area like the base-camp?

Its constantly saving to the cloud.

deoee

Every day of the OB there will be community challenges that unlocks awards for every agent that contributed.

The agent that contributed the most gets a unique item.

Today's challenge is "Help the civilians"

So this one will be xbone exclusive too?

So this one will be xbone exclusive too?

Lol, no. They did this for the CB as well. It was the same challenge with helping the civilians as well. The reward was 1 of each consumable item added to your inventory the next day.

The second day challenge was killing Cleaners, but I don't think they ever gave a reward for that one, or if they did they didn't make it clear what it was exactly.

ironcreed

Banned
It's definitely a different kind of game and I dig that. It looks and plays great and feels much larger than what the map might make you believe. I'm glad I have it pre-ordered.

Kane1345

Don't do what I did last beta and sell a weapon with a skin mod on it and then realise an hour later what you just did.

iu

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

That remembers me when I had an SSD crash during the Closed Beta, the game could not load anymore assets, thus I was stuck with low quality assets.
And no, I couldn't get to restricted areas, I couldn't even get to some of the beta's areas because there was invisible walls when assets couldn't be loaded.

Code:
[URL="http://imgur.com/a/MAXQX"][img]http://i.imgur.com/dvbjysY.jpg[/img][/URL]

So during the close beta, I encountered this glitch while doing mission with friends. I know it is kinda old but I forgot to post video on GAF until I remember the open beta will start tomorrow. The glitch is not really terrible, but I think it might potentially become a game breaking one since the game doesn't allow me to suicide and respawn. Had the enemies not killed me, I would have been stuck inside the map forever. I hope this glitch will no longer exist in the open beta because I'll be seriously pissed off if it happens to me again.

Here is the glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EEISAlsTE

Tawpgun

Umm... So I was doing side quests on the way to take back the base of operations when Grenadier sent me an invite. I accepted... gave me a delta error. Tried logging back in, got a Mike error.

Quit the build, tried loading it back up. But after I selected my character and tried loading it it was stuck on 0% and got a Delta error followed by a Mike. This happened twice so far.

3rd time it loaded me in fine so..... Beta? Idk? Oh... It loaded me into Camp Hudson, weird.

Bethell

Is it just me, or with games like this where there is significant weapon recoil, and large enemy health points leads to incredibly frustrating game play

ironcreed

Banned
Is it just me, or with games like this where there is significant weapon recoil, and large enemy health points leads to incredibly frustrating game play

If felt weird at first, but I got used to it after a few encounters. I think it feels pretty damn good, actually.

Tovarisc

Go less full auto, more burst fire. Makes shot land really well to upper chest and head area => quicker kills.

Or use something like SMG that is burst damage with low recoil pulls.

void666

Banned

Not frustrating at all. Medium to long ranges use burst fire. Shoot them in the head.
Only bosses are spongy. But that's to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom