• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

Guys, it's the beta. My assumption is that area isn't detailed because it's the beta. I doubt that will be the case in the final release. Right?

mosdl

Go less full auto, more burst fire. Makes shot land really well to upper chest and head area => quicker kills.

Or use something like SMG that is burst damage with low recoil pulls.

Do the dmg numbers have a color to indicate your gone is out of optimum range?

spannicus

Just restart the game a few times. Should sort it. If not then a hard reset.
Thanks trying now, left it on suspend resume. Guess thats what got me int this jam.
Bought the game on PC and Gold on X1. having fun with the game, so much im on ebay often looking for an early copy. Beez ashy knees.

G_Berry

Banned
wnj7hds.jpg
I've never seen cars look like this. Is this area out of the map? Assets not loading?

Troll post.

Tovarisc

Do the dmg numbers have a color to indicate your gone is out of optimum range?

No as far as I know, but damage you deal will suffer because weapon recoil combined with bullet spread will cause quite a lot misses when outside of "optimal range" of used weapon. You get feel for what kind ranges different weapons are intended and naturally start to play around it.

NuKERxyz

Got frame stuttering on Closed beta and now it sill persists in this one, it only happens inside the Dark Zone. Anyone else? Ita every 7 seconds and its annoying...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I will get burned for this, but, get a gaming PC instead. If your #1 drive is looking for a platform to play The Division, its way better on PC. And I don't say that for all multiplat, if you would have said Farcry or Dying Light instead of the Div, I would have said, sure go for it.

I did the closed Beta on PC, and have a couple hours with the Xbox version. Xbox ver looks the part and runs steady, but the way they have implemented the controller is so weird, its so laggy, its hard to explain.

The Division has been the title I have been most looking forward to and hyped about over the last year or so. If someone told me I could only play the Console versions, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

What? Not sure how you could seriously believe that.

Klocker

I downloaded and played about fifteen minutes but may not have time to play again until Sunday...

Can I get some opinions on whether this game works as a single player game or is it allll about grouping with people online?

Tia

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I downloaded and played about fifteen minutes but may not have time to play again until Sunday...

Can I get some opinions on whether this game works as a single player game or is it allll about grouping with people online?

Tia

I think you would have a better/different experience with others, but I played the Alpha and Closed Beta solo and had a blast. The parts of the game out of the Dark Zone are perfectly fine for single player. In the Alpha, they had the difficulty ramped up so high that some of the missions were hard to do solo, they added difficulty levels to them which make it much easier now.

daxy

Can't even login to the Uplay client. Been like that the entire week, but during closed beta it worked fine. Two days since I contact support and I've got nothing in response. Tried all the stuff they recommend on the forum, nothing works. Hope this is fixed by the time the game launches.

I'm fine with Origin as an alternative to Steam, but I've never liked the jankiness of Uplay.

Tia

I think what makes it so SP friendly are the multitude of tools to matchmake.

I think as a pure SP game, it would be fun, but may get stale quickly. I could only imagine playing Borderlands or Destiny almost exclusively SP

SpokkX

2 irritating things stand out immediately:

- Bulletsponge enemies. Kind of works in sci fi ala destiny but when a thug with hoodie takes 2 full clips to bring down it kind of breaks the illusion

- cars everywhere.. But they are only immobile cover. Why cant you drive them? Is there even an explanation

- Bulletsponge enemies. Kind of works in sci fi ala destiny but when a thug with hoodie takes 2 full clips to bring down it kind of breaks the illusion

- cars everywhere.. But they are only immobile cover.
Why cant you drive them? Is there even an explanation

Ew. I'm glad there is no vehicle transportation. You explore on foot.

deoee

- cars everywhere.. But they are only immobile cover. Why cant you drive them? Is there even an explanation

It's an RPG - why is this irritating? Works like it should :) Compare it to something like Dragons Age Origins where normal guys take several sword cuts etc.
Also enemies are not really bulletspongie if your shots hit and you aim at the head.
Bosses take longer tho.

Have you ever been to any major city? People tend to have x cars ( and I guess when shit goes down they flee in terror and start running when the road is blocked etc.)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
god damn I missed this game so much

feels good to be back in NYC

Tovarisc

I think you are doing something seriously wrong with your aiming and/or fire control if taking down normal enemies takes you so much ammo.

No keys, sorry.

oakenhild

First point has been discussed endlessly, not much to add there.

Regarding the cars, sort of makes sense as everyone abandoned their cars quickly when the virus hit. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to be driven though. I think it's just one of those elements in a game you have to accept and ignore. Same as "Why can't I just throw a grenade at every door and enter any building?". I do wonder if we'll be able to drive vehicles at some point as the map gets bigger and bigger with DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom