• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dafuq, i see this working when there are only 2 areas like in the beta but in the full DZ map of the final game? :/

Hopefully this means there wont be peoppe just hanging out at the extraction points since there will be a lot more points in the final game. I got so bored with the DZ because of extraction camping.

Turkoop

Banned
4 all the time

Hab ich ehrlichgesagt noch nie mitbekommen

ItZVAFT.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
I guess i'll just wait and ee then, first days it will probably be more chaotic since everybody starts at the same level

Still, i hope the matchmaking for DZ servers will be good, it would suck to be matched only against lower levels and stay by yourself wondering around forever in the high level areas

Klyka

Banned
At least 4 is better than 3. Destiny only allowing 3 was really weird and screwed a bunch of people i play with over. We were all happy when we saw 4.

It used to be 3 and a "drone" controlled by a player on tablet.

Then they said "fuck it" and made it 4 proper characters.

deoee

I guess i'll just wait and ee then, first days it will probably be more chaotic since everybody starts at the same level

Still, i hope the matchmaking for DZ servers will be good, it would suck to be matched only against lower levels and stay by yourself wondering around forever in the high level areas

lvl 30 will be instanced as one big DZ.
Rest will be brackets (e.g. 10-15, 16-21..)

Hopefully this means there wont be peoppe just hanging out at the extraction points since there will be a lot more points in the final game. I got so bored with the DZ because of extraction camping.

Yeah i hope this is the case. One of my major annoyances with an otherwise awesome alpha and beta. Everyone just "hung out" at the popular extraction zones.

I almost wished there were no zones and you had to purchase/find flares in order to extract anwhere you wanted to in the DZ. It would still show up on map and in the sky and allow enemies and other players the chance to ambush you... but at least it would be more fun and less predictable not having set points. Seems like this would solve a lot of the DZ problems people had with extractions and also add a cool element of "shit i got loot but no flares... whos got a flare so i can risk bumming on their extraction".

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Guys it is pretty obvious that there are no raids in the game. Gonna get story missions, hard mode story missions and dark zone. Just accept it.

EL CUCO

Guys it is pretty obvious that there are no raids in the game. Gonna get story missions, hard mode story missions and dark zone. Just accept it.
Yeah I think they would've definitely flat out said it by now. It makes no sense not to from a PR stand point. However, they have to know how much people are buzzing for one and I'd be shocked if one doesn't come later on.

We practically have confirmation of "multi-group" activities, but are they still in the main game?

T.O.P

Banned
They can add it through special events or the max dark zone.

Yeah, it's early to see how the game will develop once people reach the level cap

Also, the pass says there are 3 "expansions" planned for this year, lots of stuff we could be surprised by

fr0st

Banned
Yeah, it's early to see how the game will develop once people reach the level cap

Also, the pass says there are 3 "expansions" planned for this year, lots of stuff we could be surprised by
I thought the season pass has the underground expansion thing for the 1st DLC then the whole map as DZ for the 2nd DLC and the 3rd one is still unknown. Or did I remember wrong?

T.O.P

Banned
I thought the season pass has the underground expansion thing for the 1st DLC then the whole map as DZ for the 2nd DLC and the 3rd one is still unknown. Or did I remember wrong?
That I had no idea, thought it was unannounced or something

That's generally correct. But I think there is a lot that we still don't know about the first two DLCs.

I'm very curious to see what these "expansions" really end up being.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

We are also planning 3 paid expansions that will be released over the course of the year. Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing your agent’s journey and progress with new content, gear and gameplay as you fight to take back New York:

Expansion I: Underground
This first major expansion opens up a new area to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.

Expansion II: Survival
In this expansion, players will have to survive as long as possible in a very hostile environment that will challenge even the most talented agents.

Expansion III: Last Stand
Stay tuned for more information.
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-236580-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The Expansions sound cool but i'm getting Destiny vibes... Where's the rest of Manhattan, or Brooklyn, or any of the other surrounding boroughs. We know Massive/Ubi commented about how "for now" it's just a portion of midtown Manhattan. I was hoping the DLC's were each going to be a borough.

DLC I: Brooklyn, DLC II: Queens... etc.

We dont know the fine details... but i'm personally not impressed with what we currently know. Underground areas... the whole map as the DZ... something else. Will def wait and see about DLC.

Edit: How cool would it have been to have all 5 (or say 3-4) of the borough's in game and have an partially functioning subway/train/transport system of some kind to travel between them. Taking a sketchy subway ride in this setting (even if it was only a glorified loading screen) to a new location... would be sweet. Could have even had a form of currency/subway tokens controlled by the "new population"... x-amount of canned goods/water/etc. for one ride etc.

bjaelke

Yeah I think they would've definitely flat out said it by now. It makes no sense not to from a PR stand point. However, they have to know how much people are buzzing for one and I'd be shocked if one doesn't come later on.

We practically have confirmation of "multi-group" activities, but are they still in the main game?
If it was a launch feature, yes. But if they're adding it post-launch then it'd make no sense to announce it already and create false expectations.

Now the end game has crept into the conversation there’s the obvious subject of multi-party raids. Players are easily able to get into small co-op groups of four people – you can matchmake in safe houses in the Dark Zone as well as call in friends when starting missions. But how about larger quests which will require several groups working together – the likes of Destiny’s Vault of Glass or King’s Fall. “I’d love that to happen,” is all [Creative Director at Ubisoft, Julian] Gerighty will say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di_3u0B11pA

Pandy

Those of you that are "disappointed with destiny" how many hours did you put into destiny in total?
Hundreds, mostly based on empty promises of future glory (and that sweet, sweet gunplay.)

To be clear, I wasn't so much disappointed with Destiny as with how the DLC was integrated into the bare game, pissing on those that didn't stay up-to-date at the same time as invalidating the efforts of those that had played the most. I had the season pass but never played it once.
If it had been handled as a traditional FPS with a solo/co-op PvE and the existing PvP modes on the side then I think it would have been remembered as great first game for Bungie's new IP (assuming that focus allowed them to fix the story and the delivery of it.)

I'm not planning to play The Division beyond completion of any PvE content in the base game, but I'm excited to do that.

Man some games wish they had players playing that much. Destiny is far from a failure but it's just okay after the buzz wears off and you see the sores. Crack is additive doesn't mean it's good for you. :):^

Lol, yeah, I met some great friends from DestinyGAF from the game, wouldn't want those 1500 hours back. Hopefully I can make some more friends here on DivisionGAF as well :p

lt519

They'll either have a raid and lots of activities in the Dark Zone or they'll be wondering why nobody is playing their game in a month.

They'll either have a raid and lots of activities in the Dark Zone or they'll be wondering why nobody is playing their game in a month.

If this is the case.... they'll know exactly why. They saw how Destiny cut all the initially touted day-one content up for future DLC shit and decided to try the same thing. Gotta get dat paper yo.

Fbh

So. I haven't really been following this game too much and didn't take part in the Beta.
So I might be a bit out of line in asking this but from what you guys have played does it seem fun to play with just 1-2 other people?

Me and 2 friends are looking for a new co-op game and this one came up during the conversation but we are not sure if it's ment to be played in small groups.
We got Destiny but felt pretty dissapointed with it beause a lot of the content seems to be aimed at 3-6 players and we are often just 2 (between work, families, studies and everything else it gets complicated for the 3 of us to connect at the same time. Specially now that I'm living in a country in a different time zone).
Raids were for 6 people and the weekly events became pretty challenging with just 2 of us so we mostly focused on PVP.

I liked the beta, but I'm holding out to see the amount of content before I drop $60 on this game. With UC4 and DS3 coming out shortly after, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom